Argh. I can't help but be a little disappointed by these sites. I am biased since I am coming from the Northwest, but so be it. 

Is Tulsa better than Oklahoma City? I feel like that was one of my least favorite NCAAs in semi-recent years. And then while Philly is cool, I'm assuming it's the same arena as last time, which I feel was too much on the outskirts of the city. I've heard that Cleveland is better than their image, and I'm excited to check out Kansas City again. 

These are all first-world problems, I know. 

I was sure hoping Phoenix would throw in a bid, but I'm guessing their arena isn't a good fit. Imagine that possibility: NCAAs in a place you want to be in March!

16 minutes ago, Obelix said:

Argh. I can't help but be a little disappointed by these sites. I am biased since I am coming from the Northwest, but so be it. 

Is Tulsa better than Oklahoma City? I feel like that was one of my least favorite NCAAs in semi-recent years. And then while Philly is cool, I'm assuming it's the same arena as last time, which I feel was too much on the outskirts of the city. I've heard that Cleveland is better than their image, and I'm excited to check out Kansas City again. 

These are all first-world problems, I know. 

I was sure hoping Phoenix would throw in a bid, but I'm guessing their arena isn't a good fit. Imagine that possibility: NCAAs in a place you want to be in March!

Tulsa does have a fairly new 19000 seat arena right downtown.

2 minutes ago, TexRef said:

The City of Tulsa does a great job of booking about 3-5 large events for the same time. So get your rooms booked NOW! Between a boat show, marathon, home show, and the NCAAs, there could be a shortage of rooms. 

The R66 marathon is pretty big - last I remember it was around 15k participants. Multiplied that by ~1.8 for friends & family tagging along booking rooms for Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Seriously get your rooms now.

Yeah, I am sure hoping for it. I seem to recall someone mentioning that the arena there might not be well-suited for eight mats, or something like that. Otherwise, it's perfect: a place you want to be in March, a big airport, and plenty of lodging and accommodations. 

The train in Philly costs $2 and is right by the arena, so you can get anywhere and do anything easily. If you're not used to public transportation it takes some getting used to, but it's worth it.

I'm glad it seems like there are no football stadiums involved and that we don't have to go back to St. Louis from '22-'26.

Either OKC city or 80% of the Restaurants did not want us there. OKC had what, 5 chances, and never got it right. So maybe give Tulsa a single chance, or put in the rotation after the state of Alabama.

The St Louis indoor football Stadium will never be used by NFL again. Converting the stadium to something like a 125' by 225' "Playing field " might be useful to our sport

--------------------------------

Although years are listed, months and days are not. Hopefully that means a chance at going to a sensible Dec 27 to about April 25 season.