OKC was by far the worst venue recently IMO. Cleveland was FAR superior. I would look forward to going there again. Philly also did a good job. I will give Tulsa a chance and hope they do much better than OKC.

I have been out of the loop for quite awhile due to being at my hunting cabin and bagging 600 lbs. of boned out vacuum sealed Moose meat. It was GREAT not hearing what was transpiring in this CRAZY world.

What worries me about Tulsa is this: it's the smallest airport city to host since Des Moines (which was only slightly smaller), and the last significantly smaller airport city to host was Albany. Airfares into Tulsa are going to be EX-PEN-SIVE! (anybody who can afford to take the Monday after nationals off can make quite a bit of bank off volunteering to take a later flight, however)

On 10/14/2020 at 6:18 PM, Obelix said:

Argh. I can't help but be a little disappointed by these sites. I am biased since I am coming from the Northwest, but so be it. 

Is Tulsa better than Oklahoma City? I feel like that was one of my least favorite NCAAs in semi-recent years. And then while Philly is cool, I'm assuming it's the same arena as last time, which I feel was too much on the outskirts of the city. I've heard that Cleveland is better than their image, and I'm excited to check out Kansas City again. 

These are all first-world problems, I know. 

I was sure hoping Phoenix would throw in a bid, but I'm guessing their arena isn't a good fit. Imagine that possibility: NCAAs in a place you want to be in March!

Tulsa is a lot better than Oklahoma City. Oklahoma City is a stinking cesspool and butt ugly. 

On 10/14/2020 at 7:19 PM, moveurfeet32 said:

Tulsa?? Is that even a City? Hope it's better then Oklahoma City...The city had no idea there was a big wrestling tournament that weekend ...Most places were closed near Arena.

Tulsa /ˈtʌlsə/ is the second-largest city in the state of Oklahoma and 47th-most populous city in the United States. As of July 2019, the population was 401,190, an increase of 11,129 since the 2010 Census.[6] It is the principal municipality of the Tulsa Metropolitan Area, a region with 991,005 residents in the MSA and 1,251,172 in the CSA.[7] The city serves as the county seat of Tulsa County, the most densely populated county in Oklahoma,[8] with urban development extending into Osage, Rogers, and Wagoner counties.[6]

Does it really matter? With the rate D I's are being dropped, soon the D I tournament will be 16 man bracket unless some D I schools add wrestling. 2 day tournament at a 5k seat event center. It's hard for me to get excited about college wrestling when it's almost dead out here on the west coast at the D I level. Sure Oregon St and Arizona St might survive, but the 3 remaining cali schools might be only 2. And why would an AD want to keep a program when there is only 1 other school in the whole state.....

3 hours ago, dman115 said:

It is getting bad out there with Schools dropping their wrestling programs...maybe we go back to letting D1 and D2 athletes compete for a national title again?

I think it was a mistake limiting to D1. I guess somebody felt it was more important to give 8th and 9th place finishers in the B1G those slots!