Saw it was announced dan gable is receiving the presidential medal of freedom, nice to see gable get some appreciation outside the wrestling community, the man helped save wrestling in the Olympics and has helped 100s of people, not an Iowa fan in the slightest but glad to see it 

https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestling/Features/2020/October/14/Dan-Gable-Medal-of-Freedom

Glad to see Gable get the recognition. Also glad that it's going to him for the right reasons, and not because the presenter is such a bad candidate, that he's on the verge of losing staunchly red Iowa in the upcoming election. Well-deserved!

6 hours ago, jchapman said:

Extra special that the annoucenment of this award will take place at presidential rally in Iowa right before the election.  

I'm guessing (hoping) that you are pointing out correctly that the Orange Agent will use anything or anyone as a means to his pathological and narcissistic ends.   It would great if Gable accepts the award but refuses to meet with the liar, racist,  corrupt, and incompetent Fool and Con Man. 

Great for Gable to get the award - too bad he had to shill for that dishonest dolt in return (who claimed repeatedly that he thought he could take Gable.) Made a deal with the devil here.

Feels too much like what was happening at Foxcatcher... sometimes things that appear good are better turned down.

9 hours ago, dmm53 said:

I'm guessing (hoping) that you are pointing out correctly that the Orange Agent will use anything or anyone as a means to his pathological and narcissistic ends.   It would great if Gable accepts the award but refuses to meet with the liar, racist,  corrupt, and incompetent Fool and Con Man. 

He would be meeting with Biden??

So we are clear...I wrote that as a to point out how ridiculous it is to bring up politics when a great man/coach/mentor/athlete/etc. is receiving an award representing the greatest sport on earth (I too am not an Iowa fan).  Does peoples hate know no bounds???

If you can't see fault in both our presidential options, and chose to call them very disgusting untrue names based on what the media tells you to believe then you sir are exactly what is wrong with this country, and thanks again for getting this thread shut down when it was started to honor a great man.  SMH....

3 minutes ago, dman115 said:

He would be meeting with Biden??

So we are clear...I wrote that as a to point out how ridiculous it is to bring up politics when a great man/coach/mentor/athlete/etc. is receiving an award representing the greatest sport on earth (I too am not an Iowa fan).  Does peoples hate know no bounds???

Why are you trying to pretend that a political move isn't political? 

Do you see any hypocrisy in starting the post with a partisan comment and then scolding others for being partisan? Unreal.....

Happy for Dan. This should have been given to him years ago. Its still politically motived, but I doubt it swings any voters anyways.

Did you read my post??  I literally said how stupid it was to bring up politics...period...not to mention a partisan comment...hence why I used a partisan comment...and literally explained why I did it in the next sentence.  And you subsequently chose to crop my post to not include a pertinent part of it...do you work for the mainstream media by chance??  And finally, did you notice I didn't quote someone who simply said it may be politically motivated...maybe it was...maybe it wasn't...I quoted someone who clearly made it political AND partisan.

Great job Dan...well deserved!!!

18 minutes ago, dman115 said:

If you can't see fault in both our presidential options, and chose to call them very disgusting untrue names based on what the media tells you to believe then you sir are exactly what is wrong with this country

Whoa, nevermind. We got an enlightened centrist over here. You must be really smart! Hahaha

18 minutes ago, dman115 said:

and thanks again for getting this thread shut down when it was started to honor a great man. 

What if you just ignored it? Like its purely political, everyone knows it, just acknowledge it and move on. Instead you have to jump on a soap box, and really make it about politcs. Get over it and enjoy the fact that Dans getting some recognition. Not everyone needs to be as excited as you about the motive behind it all, and the world will be fine if everyone doesnt agree with you.....

Congrats Dan!

Edited by Drake_Mallard

1 minute ago, dman115 said:

I literally said how stupid it was to bring up politics...period...not to mention a partisan comment...hence why I used a partisan comment...and literally explained why I did it in the next sentence. 

Yes, defeat the political discussion by making it more political. Brilliant.

5 minutes ago, dman115 said:

And you subsequently chose to crop my post to not include a pertinent part of it...do you work for the mainstream media by chance?? 

No, I quote the section that Im addressing. Wouldnt think the site would make it a function if it was so controversial. Haha.... come on now. Youre grasping at straws and its pathetic.

Edited by Drake_Mallard

1 minute ago, Drake_Mallard said:

Yes, defeat the political discussion by making it more political. Brilliant.

Thanks!  Was hoping your reading comprehensions skills would eventually kick in. 

7 minutes ago, Drake_Mallard said:

Whoa, nevermind. We got an enlightened centrist over here. You must be really smart! Hahaha

What if you just ignored it? Like its purely political, everyone knows it, just acknowledge it and move on. Instead you have to jump on a soap box, and really make it about politcs. Get over it and enjoy the fact that Dans getting some recognition. Not everyone needs to be as excited as you about the motive behind it all, and the world will be fine if everyone doesnt agree with you.....

Congrats Dan!

Let's see...you chose to jump all over the guy who brings up the fact that it is 100% ridiculous for people to make it political/partisan and not just about the great man who is receiving the award, yet chose to not say ANYTHING to the people who DID make it political/partisan and NOT about the great man receiving the award????  You are mad at the person who called out the people who did exactly what you said shouldn't have been done???   Got it...thanks for your brilliance.

9 minutes ago, dman115 said:

Let's see...you chose to jump all over the guy who brings up the fact that it is 100% ridiculous for people to make it political/partisan and not just about the great man who is receiving the award, yet chose to not say ANYTHING to the people who DID make it political/partisan and NOT about the great man receiving the award????  You are mad at the person who called out the people who did exactly what you said shouldn't have been done???   Got it...thanks for your brilliance.

I jumped all over someone who hopped on a soap box and critized others for being political while also being political. Atleast those other posters aren't hypocrites. 

You, sir, are a hypocrite.

Edited by Drake_Mallard

9 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

(who claimed repeatedly that he thought he could take Gable.)

Right? Also brings up the one college loss and says you'll have to tell me about that sometime. It would've taken him one minute on google to read up on that - do he and his team really do zero research and vetting of the medal winners? 

1 hour ago, Fletcher said:

Biden's first act in office should be to award the presidential medal of freedom to larry owings.

12 hours ago, dmm53 said:

3 hours ago, Drake_Mallard said:

Why are you trying to pretend that a political move isn't political? 

Do you see any hypocrisy in starting the post with a partisan comment and then scolding others for being partisan? Unreal.....

Happy for Dan. This should have been given to him years ago. Its still politically motived, but I doubt it swings any voters anyways.

This post wasn’t started with a partisan comment, I started it to acknowledge someone in the wrestling community receiving the highest civilian honor and you guys ran over here to give your best impressions of Bozo of the clown and starting whining about politics 

Biden most likely just give it to some D-bag ,like when biden was VP and they gave Harvey Weinstein and Ellen the presidential medal of freedom , but yea trumps bad and let’s all hate on Dan gable getting pretty much a life time achievement award bc the people on the Tv in my living room told me I should be angry.

No politics were mentioned until the anti trump crowd rolled in with their elementary school comments , then you same people get angry when someone replies to your ridiculous comments and you instantly just start talking down to anyone who disagrees with you.. 

honestly we all should appreciate Dan gable and what he’s done for our sport but you people ( on both sides )that have to turn everything into some type of political sparring match ruin this site and honestly if politics get you this worked up and angry that  you’ll talk down and yell at strangers on a wrestling site then maybe it’s time to turn off the tv for a little bit, maybe find a new a hobby , or talk to a doctor because from a neutral outsider a lot of you are bordering on insanity and it’s not healthy for you or the people around you 

11 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

This post wasn’t started with a partisan comment, I started it to acknowledge someone in the wrestling community receiving the highest civilian honor and you guys ran over here to give your best impressions of Bozo of the clown and starting whining about politics 

Biden most likely just give it to some D-bag ,like when biden was VP and they gave Harvey Weinstein and Ellen the presidential medal of freedom , but yea trumps bad and let’s all hate on Dan gable getting pretty much a life time achievement award bc the people on the Tv in my living room told me I should be angry.

No politics were mentioned until the anti trump crowd rolled in with their elementary school comments , then you same people get angry when someone replies to your ridiculous comments and you instantly just start talking down to anyone who disagrees with you.. 

honestly we all should appreciate Dan gable and what he’s done for our sport but you people ( on both sides )that have to turn everything into some type of political sparring match ruin this site and honestly if politics get you this worked up and angry that  you’ll talk down and yell at strangers on a wrestling site then maybe it’s time to turn off the tv for a little bit, maybe find a new a hobby , or talk to a doctor because from a neutral outsider a lot of you are bordering on insanity and it’s not healthy for you or the people around you 

I wasnt talking to you. Hell, I liked your post and left it at that.

I didnt even take a political position.

I pointed out hypocrisy.

Who is really worked up here? Youre the one lecturing.

Edited by Drake_Mallard