8 minutes ago, dman115 said:

No to take ANYTHING away from Dan Gable, 10000% deserved and deserves all the lime light here, but I can see Cael receiving an award like this some day.

How typical is it for athletes to get this award? I honestly have no idea.

Nvmd.... heres a link. https://golfweek.usatoday.com/gallery/sports-figures-awarded-presidential-medal-of-freedom-tiger-woods/ 

Edited by Drake_Mallard

22 hours ago, Fletcher said:

Glad to see Gable get the recognition. Also glad that it's going to him for the right reasons, and not because the presenter is such a bad candidate, that he's on the verge of losing staunchly red Iowa in the upcoming election. Well-deserved!

Actually Obama won Iowa in both 2008 and 2012.  They must have really disliked Hillary though, only 42% in 2016:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_elections_in_Iowa

So yeah, Gable getting the honor isn’t political.  But him getting it this week at a Trump rally certainly is.  Hopefully Trumps’s negative covid tests are accurate.

Regardless, this is a cool honor for someone in the wrestling community.  Congrats to Gable.

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

Because they have told us that this is not, in fact, political.

The only ones saying it is not, are the ones who think to even bring a discussion about its political motivations is completely out of line. Do you believe Gable made it political?

1 minute ago, Drake_Mallard said:

The only ones saying it is not, are the ones who think to even bring a discussion about its political motivations is completely out of line. Do you believe Gable made it political?

I believe it was already political thru President Trump's timing of his decision, and that, in and of itself, wasn't necessarily a negative thing.  People got mad that posters were making it political.  I'm just pointing out that Coach Gable is totally ok with it being political.

17 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

wasn't necessarily a negative thing. 

This. It can be blatantly political and still good. Id rather see this kind of thing than expensive and wasteful porkbarreling. I have no doubt Gable embraces the politics of it. No one should be surprised by it. Just as no one should be surprised that some are turned off by it. The people whining about it being called political are just refusing to see the truth.

Edited by Drake_Mallard

4 hours ago, Fletcher said:

The award was announced at a political rally right before an election. Hard to not view it as political.

Who cares?  Are you a Gable and wrestling fan or Trump hater?

As a Gable fan I choose to view it as a reward well deserved.  How about Obama giving one to Biden?  No politics there.

2 minutes ago, Sstern said:

Who cares?  Are you a Gable and wrestling fan or Trump hater?

As a Gable fan I choose to view it as a reward well deserved.  How about Obama giving one to Biden?  No politics there.

What about Obama? Hahaha I got news for you: none of this is about Obama or Biden no matter how you feel about Dan and the award from the president.

On 10/14/2020 at 1:08 PM, Fletcher said:

Glad to see Gable get the recognition. Also glad that it's going to him for the right reasons, and not because the presenter is such a bad candidate, that he's on the verge of losing staunchly red Iowa in the upcoming election. Well-deserved!

Glad to see you have proven yourself to be a nitwit who should never be heard from again.  You'll make a great and well deserved addition to my IGNORE list.  Well done on that nitwit.

Trump's selections are kind of comical. As someone said, he has not given many, but he did award Rush Limbaugh and Miriam Adelson. Also 9 of his 17 were given to athletes, including fable fornicators Tiger Woods and Babe Ruth. Of course, a lot of people are talking about what a great job Ruth has been doing. He also gave one to Elvis.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Presidential_Medal_of_Freedom_recipients#President_Trump_(2017–)

Saw this on Facebook. Knew this would happen.

So much squawking and squalling and whining by both sides nowadays. Both are using elementary comments and insults. Though the one side that usually calls itself the tougher one has been the most whiny lately. Which has been mildly irritating. 

At this point most know what’s they’re going to go with. Most are completely disingenuous with their selective ignorance and prejudices. Most can’t evaluate or understand basic legal procedures or how hearsay works in a legal sense. 

Point is. Everyone calm down. Gable got his medal. One he should have gotten already. No duh it was timed to help one candidate.

If anyone thinks there was a medal given, then watch the video again... there was NOT. The medal is a quid pro quo for help in winning in Iowa. I actually wouldn't be surprised to see the medal awarding never happen if Trump loses in Iowa in a few weeks.

Trump actually said:

"PROUD TO ANNOUNCE THAT I WILL BE AWARDING VERY SHORTLY at the White House at the Oval Office Coach Gable the Presidential Medal of Freedom."

See for yourself, go to 1:50 on the video at: 

1 hour ago, Bronco said:

Glad to see you have proven yourself to be a nitwit who should never be heard from again.  You'll make a great and well deserved addition to my IGNORE list.  Well done on that nitwit.

Damn it, Fletcher - looks like you took things too far once again; only this time you've lost Bronco.  Bronco's not the type of guy to use the word "nitwit" lightly and he used it twice! This is bad - really bad.

I'll just have to keep my head down, mouth shut, and maybe someday Bronco will show some grace and give me a chance to earn my way off his IGNORE list. Prayers.