13 hours ago, NJDan said:

Sadly, in some way Gable will be diminished by accepting this award while being a pawn for Trump at what is likely to be a superspreader event. 

Was Gable in the crowd when he wasn’t on stage?  Provided Trump is actually negative now, Coach Gable seemed to be pretty social distanced in those videos.

But what’s the point of political rallies anyway?  I mean everyone at them is already voting for that person anyway right?  So it’s not like some undecided person in that city is going to make their decision based on an event they weren’t even at (unless maybe they are concerned about increased food cases in the area as a result and vote against that person).

Gable could have just accepted the award at the ceremony where it will be given. Instead, he went up on stage at a rally and told the crowd that the president deserves to be reelected.

Announcing the award at an Iowa rally three weeks before the election was a political act. Gable going up on stage at a rally to endorse a candidate was a political act.

Those are just facts. The opinions come in when I tell you that Gable endorsing this president should drastically lower your opinion of him as a man.

53 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Was Gable in the crowd when he wasn’t on stage?  Provided Trump is actually negative now, Coach Gable seemed to be pretty social distanced in those videos.

But what’s the point of political rallies anyway?  I mean everyone at them is already voting for that person anyway right?  So it’s not like some undecided person in that city is going to make their decision based on an event they weren’t even at (unless maybe they are concerned about increased food cases in the area as a result and vote against that person).

Rally’s generally are done to help inspire the base of the party to make a push for their candidate on both a national and local level.  i.e.  get the names of the local candidate out, help a campaign, make calls, wear shirts, get people registered, make sure people get to the polls, etc.   They are just as much to help the local push since state government and national congress seats are big for the party too.   The hope is those attending the rally will go out and try to get the support from others who are still on fence or aren’t sure they are voting at all.