Sign in to follow this  
sidakova4991

Russian Nationals 2020

3 hours ago, freestyle_fan said:

74kg upset, Khetik Tsabolov defeated Sidakov 9-3 in 1/8 round

Is it really an upset considering what he just went through...His head is messed up I hope this guy recovers seems like a good guy

Tsabalov beat Sidakov in ‘18 and the  lost a close match on criteria so this should not come as a huge surprise. He was pretty demonstrative that he should be the Olympic rep but seemed resigned that he wasn’t going to get a fair shake. Glad to see him get a chance to prove it on the mat and light it up in this match. It’s scary to think that the second best guy in the world will probably be watching from home for the foreseeable future at 74kg. Sounds eerily familiar...

41 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Tsabalov beat Sidakov in ‘18 and the  lost a close match on criteria so this should not come as a huge surprise. He was pretty demonstrative that he should be the Olympic rep but seemed resigned that he wasn’t going to get a fair shake. Glad to see him get a chance to prove it on the mat and light it up in this match. It’s scary to think that the second best guy in the world will probably be watching from home for the foreseeable future at 74kg. Sounds eerily familiar...

This is like daja vu I think JB wins and beats Russia in finals now for sure!!!!  This is probably going to motive him more since he has beaten Tsabalov before along with Chamizo...I feel his only threat now is KD

55 minutes ago, CaliWrestler said:

This is like daja vu I think JB wins and beats Russia in finals now for sure!!!!  This is probably going to motive him more since he has beaten Tsabalov before along with Chamizo...I feel his only threat now is KD

Only threat?  Don’t underestimate Tsabalov. Hasn’t he beaten JB?  

30 minutes ago, AnklePicker said:

Only threat?  Don’t underestimate Tsabalov. Hasn’t he beaten JB?  

No I do not think he has beaten JB.  JB beat him for the gold in 2017 in what was a great match.  I do not recall them meeting previously or since. JB has lost once to Tsargush (2014 WC) and once to Geduev (2016 Oly) - and the two losses to Sidakov (2018/2019 WC)I think that's it vs Russians.

Edited by lu1979

50 minutes ago, AnklePicker said:

Chances for gold?

He did win Senior Nats.  USAW said it would likely be used to determine the team.

To me he earned the spo by showing up and getting the job done.  Everyone else who felt like being lazy can bugger off.

I like his odds.

Finals live stream for anyone who wants to watch.  Baev just lost and got shut down to Valiev. 

One thing I didn't expect to hear at Russian Nationals - the theme to Dallas

Edited by Gantry

34 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

He did win Senior Nats.  USAW said it would likely be used to determine the team.

To me he earned the spo by showing up and getting the job done.  Everyone else who felt like being lazy can bugger off.

I like his odds.

So you like his chances of what?  Anthony Valencia is not exactly Chamizo or whoever Russia sends.

11 minutes ago, AnklePicker said:

So you like his chances of what?  Anthony Valencia is not exactly Chamizo or whoever Russia sends.

Since Senior Nats of last year he has beaten the last two junior world golds at 74kg as well as multiple time world medalist(who holds a win over JB) in Bekzod.

52 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Since Senior Nats of last year he has beaten the last two junior world golds at 74kg as well as multiple time world medalist(who holds a win over JB) in Bekzod.

He also DNP at the Bill Farrell and got beaten 7-0 by Nolf.  

4 hours ago, CaliWrestler said:

Only threat? JB has been in quite a few close matches and he’s not getting any younger.

He’s still a legend and is crafty and clutch but no need for hyperbole.

18 hours ago, ShakaAloha said:

So both Gazimagomedov's are going to be left at home for the Olympics?

Both?  Who is the other?  Although the names are very similar, I don't think Akhmed Gadzhimagomedov wrestled today, at least I didn't see any of his matches.

Magomedrasul Gazimagomedov moved up from 70, to 74; he won gold at the Yarygin and silver at the European championships this year - both at 74kgs.  

Zhamalov looks like he has a great gas tank, wrestled the full 6 minutes and had a lot of pop right up until the end. Thought he looked much quicker than Tsabolov especially in 2nd period. Also it did look like Zhamalov was giving up some size to Tsabolov? Maybe he doesn't cut as much weight? Maybe the looks were deceiving? I don;t know.