Sign in to follow this  
Wrestleknownothing

Canceling worlds isn't all bad

I’m so hyped for this. 

I will pick JB until he loses, but man DT has clearly jumped levels in 2018 and has put on a lot of size without giving up too much. 

If DT is his 2018 self or better, JB is going to have his hands full. 

I imagine they went live, or close to it, at world team camps back then. Granted DT prob had 25 lbs on him, so maybe they just did some light rolling. 

Seems like a really bad idea for JB to take on a full sized DT.  They were close to even years ago at the same weight.

Now DT wrestles at a 25lb heavier weight.  Hard to see a JB win, an injury seems much more likely. Maybe he is retiring and looking for a final payday?

I would hate to see our greatest wrestler tarnish his legacy, but if he earns enough money I wont criticize

Is JB running away from Dake at 74kg?  Will we see JB at 86kg for the trials?

Not that I believe to answer to either of those questions is 'yes'... but they make for some interesting discussion points.

I think Taylor too big for Dake and Burroughs now.  

Have any countries indicated that they will go to the worlds?  I can't see the European Union countries going (Serbia is open and not in the EU).  That leaves Russia and the former USSR countries (who are also locked down).  I doubt countries like Japan or South Korea would do it either.  

11 minutes ago, ScarletKnight said:

I think Taylor too big for Dake and Burroughs now.  

Have any countries indicated that they will go to the worlds?  I can't see the European Union countries going (Serbia is open and not in the EU).  That leaves Russia and the former USSR countries (who are also locked down).  I doubt countries like Japan or South Korea would do it either.  

All UWW have said is that they have "commitments from more than 70-percent of National Federations". They have not named any of the national federations to commit or even described what a commitment entails.

https://unitedworldwrestling.org/article/executive-committee-confirms-wrestling-world-championships-belgrade-december

Looks like the next time we will get news from UWW is after their Nov.6 meeting.

44 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

All UWW have said is that they have "commitments from more than 70-percent of National Federations". They have not named any of the national federations to commit or even described what a commitment entails.

https://unitedworldwrestling.org/article/executive-committee-confirms-wrestling-world-championships-belgrade-december

Looks like the next time we will get news from UWW is after their Nov.6 meeting.

Thanks.  I'm also looking at the venue site, they haven't yet offered tickets.  I think they are waiting for info too

On 10/21/2020 at 9:04 AM, Wrestleknownothing said:

They mentioned last night on the NLWC 2.0 stream that there will be another event in November and then they gave the big tease.

I do not recall the exact wording, but it was something along the lines of if there are no worlds then their December event will be really exciting.

So basically this has been in the works and JB/Taylor are trying to manufacture twitter drama.  I don’t hate it though...

But based on the 1 month+1 or a few days formula, I’d bet we’re looking at the week between Christmas and New Year’s.

Seems like a no risk situation for JB, since he’s probsbly expected to lose due to the weight difference.  I do wonder if he’s testing the waters for Trials though...