Sign in to follow this  
RED

Cornell Forum and Fan Site

46 minutes ago, RED said:

New article following up on Vito Arujau after winning Senior Nationals this past week.  Read it at BigRedBears.com!  While you are there register on the forum to receive e-mail updates on all things Cornell Wrestling! 

Is this where ...         

photo-20269.jpg

scribe

... has been hiding?

32 minutes ago, moveurfeet32 said:

Cornell website but every new thread is posted on here...Cornell has a great Program because Koll is a genius and knows how  to "sign/commit" so many Elite recruits every year to an "Ivy League School"

Did they have a sale on quotation marks or something?

30 minutes ago, Billyhoyle said:

We get it you have a forum. Does every article require its own thread? Maybe pay for ads. 

If it makes you unhappy, don't open the thread, let alone post on it!

15 minutes ago, RED said:

If it makes you unhappy, don't open the thread, let alone post on it!

So you’re cool if people from other forums make spam posts in the Cornell forum advertising their forum? You don’t see how that is annoying? 

22 minutes ago, Billyhoyle said:

So you’re cool if people from other forums make spam posts in the Cornell forum advertising their forum? You don’t see how that is annoying? 

There's  huge difference.  This is site for all teams.  IT makes sense to post here.  The Cornell site is for Cornell. 

There's  huge difference.  This is site for all teams.  IT makes sense to post here.  The Cornell site is for Cornell. 

From a fan standpoint, I’d prefer it be hit on one thread and updated there vs. new threads. If I still moderated this page, I’d make the same suggestion and ask you to do that or pay for advertising.

On 10/21/2020 at 6:51 PM, RED said:

You got into the AG school didn’t you?

58 minutes ago, HokieHWT said:

You got into the AG school didn’t you?

ugh you have to know your Cornell to make Cornell jokes. HOTEL school is what you want to put here for that gag.

2 hours ago, ugarte said:

ugh you have to know your Cornell to make Cornell jokes. HOTEL school is what you want to put here for that gag.

1 hour ago, HokieHWT said:

My bad :( I’m just an Ivy fan boi.

Given that this is a wrestling forum, I think the Ag school gag fits better. I’m not sure why the athletes are never funneled in through the hotel school though-maybe that’s some info some of the insiders here can shed light on. Is it too small of a class? Is the hotel school actually ultra intense and competitive seeing as it’s the best (only?) one in the country? 

39 minutes ago, Billyhoyle said:

Given that this is a wrestling forum, I think the Ag school gag fits better. I’m not sure why the athletes are never funneled in through the hotel school though-maybe that’s some info some of the insiders here can shed light on. Is it too small of a class? Is the hotel school actually ultra intense and competitive seeing as it’s the best (only?) one in the country? 

Probably the more limited areas of study in the Hotel school; it's basically a very focused business degree in the hospitality industry. Despite the name, the Ag school isn't horticulture and animal husbandry. A wider range of majors than you'd probably expect.

As for other hotel schools, the only other one I'm aware of is UNLV.

12 hours ago, ugarte said:

I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express couple weeks ago, believe there were a couple Cornell Hotel grads who cleaned the room after my departure.  ;)

9 hours ago, ugarte said:

As for other hotel schools, the only other one I'm aware of is UNLV.

Paul Smith's College in the heart of the Adirondacks. Unique 4 year college with a variety of degree programs including Hotel management. Better known for its Forestry school. 

10 hours ago, Billyhoyle said:

Back when I was an undergrad 90% of the VT football players were enrolled in Hospitality and Tourism Management. Everyone was so impressed that Michael Vick was a sociology major but it was only because, even back in 2000-2001, the classes were virtual....

2021 IVY LEAGUE OVERVIEW

Betsy is at it again.  She's written an in depth overview of what we might anticipate from the Ivy League wrestling teams.  Who's on their roster and who might be conspicuously absent; who already has a schedule in place, and who does not.  It would appear that many are getting into the gray-shirt game to manage the uncertainty that comes by way of Covid.  It looks like Rob has become a role model for many of the other Ivy League coaches!  Pretty interesting stuff.  See how the various teams and coaches are coping on BigRedBears.com, and express your opinion by registering and adding your comments to the forum.

On 11/8/2020 at 4:57 PM, RED said:

2021 IVY LEAGUE OVERVIEW

Betsy is at it again.  She's written an in depth overview of what we might anticipate from the Ivy League wrestling teams.  Who's on their roster and who might be conspicuously absent; who already has a schedule in place, and who does not.  It would appear that many are getting into the gray-shirt game to manage the uncertainty that comes by way of Covid.  It looks like Rob has become a role model for many of the other Ivy League coaches!  Pretty interesting stuff.  See how the various teams and coaches are coping on BigRedBears.com, and express your opinion by registering and adding your comments to the forum.

Why not just put up article here?  Or are you just advertising your site here?

13 hours ago, moveurfeet32 said:

Why not just put up article here?  Or are you just advertising your site here?

Advertising my site?  Seriously, what's it to you?  My site is never going to be huge.  It's never going to be monetized. It's geared to a single university.  I paid to create it and I pay to maintain it.  There was a gap I thought that needed to be filled and I had time on my hands, so this is what I came up with.    I am not looking to exploit themat.com or any of it's readers.  I am not competing with the mat.com or any other sites for that matter.  I reap no benefits.  So seriously, what's your problem?

Edited by RED