Sign in to follow this  
IronChef

Most annoying in the Big Ten?

This is about football, but these two quotes made me laugh:

1. "Also, Rutgers fans make no bones about the pool of misery they voluntarily swim in, and generally know they are Rutgers. It’s a lack of ambition I can truly appreciate on a personal level."
The wrestling fans, on the other hand, are sure they are always just a year or two away from knocking off Penn State and Iowa.

2. "Why are you in the Big Ten at all, when everyone knows a charter rule of Big Ten membership involves being a place where ordering seafood is a bad idea?"

https://mooncrew.substack.com/p/14-big-ten-universities-ranked-by

So who wants to rank the most annoying wrestling teams in the Big Ten? I have Rutgers #1 and Purdue #14, but I'm willing to be talked out of either one.

#1 Rutgers-That Jersey thing... nah bro...

#2 Arizona State-How they've handled the Valencia thing... meh

#3 Notre Dame-Fck these guys

#4 Maryland-How can they repeatedly try less and less and be in the state Cap'n is from?

#5 Minnesota-I absolutely hate the thug attitude Gables brings when he wrestles Dom Bradley

#6a Northwestern-Make Deakin got 165 already... FFS 

#6b Iowa-I can't even tell which Brands is which.  Now there is 4 of them there.

#8 Indiana-They're tough and improving.  A serious rival to Sparty so I can't like them.

#9 Purdue-Should be lower after that Nate Limmex debauchery last season... Covid actually saved them a few spots.

#10 Illinois-My fandom of IMart and the Braun Bros is cancelled out by my dislike for Mikey Carr a bit.

#11 Ohio State-Annoyed they have 2 or 3 upper weights that could start at half the other B1G schools yet not for tOSU.

#12 Wisconsin-Seriously disliked them because of Wick for so long... he hurt my boy Massa... but I've since come to understand Massa was hurt before the season and it was a matter of WHEN... Wick was just the first elite guy he faced

#13 Penn State-Michigan homer. If they can win over Facundo and Arthur they can win me over. 

#14 Nebraska-Love the youth they got in their middle weights right now... also Davenport isnfrom Mich

#15 Michigan-Love these guys.

#16 Michigan State-Same.

#17 John Hopkins-How can you be annoyed by these guys?

I literally cannot watch a Rutgers dual with the volume up.  The moment the whiistle blow fans are screaming, "STALLING....STALLING..."  They make Iowa fans look good.  Also,  whoever that big bald cheerleader dude is:  please stop.

Edited by matts1w

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

#1 Rutgers-That Jersey thing... nah bro...

#2 Arizona State-How they've handled the Valencia thing... meh

#3 Notre Dame-Fck these guys

#4 Maryland-How can they repeatedly try less and less and be in the state Cap'n is from?

#5 Minnesota-I absolutely hate the thug attitude Gables brings when he wrestles Dom Bradley

#6a Northwestern-Make Deakin got 165 already... FFS 

#6b Iowa-I can't even tell which Brands is which.  Now there is 4 of them there.

#8 Indiana-They're tough and improving.  A serious rival to Sparty so I can't like them.

#9 Purdue-Should be lower after that Nate Limmex debauchery last season... Covid actually saved them a few spots.

#10 Illinois-My fandom of IMart and the Braun Bros is cancelled out by my dislike for Mikey Carr a bit.

#11 Ohio State-Annoyed they have 2 or 3 upper weights that could start at half the other B1G schools yet not for tOSU.

#12 Wisconsin-Seriously disliked them because of Wick for so long... he hurt my boy Massa... but I've since come to understand Massa was hurt before the season and it was a matter of WHEN... Wick was just the first elite guy he faced

#13 Penn State-Michigan homer. If they can win over Facundo and Arthur they can win me over. 

#14 Nebraska-Love the youth they got in their middle weights right now... also Davenport isnfrom Mich

#15 Michigan-Love these guys.

#16 Michigan State-Same.

#17 John Hopkins-How can you be annoyed by these guys?

1. What did Limmex do last year?

2. Why do you dislike Mike Carr?

3. How can you like Michigan and Michigan State at the same time?  I thought it was an either/or sort of thing?

4 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

1. What did Limmex do last year?

2. Why do you dislike Mike Carr?

3. How can you like Michigan and Michigan State at the same time?  I thought it was an either/or sort of thing?

1) Purdue should have handled where to put Limmex better last year.  He was a senior who was a grinder for them for three seasons prior.  Keep in mind Limmex is a Michigander guy(him and Schroder both went to Grand Rapids Catholic Central high school).  I believe he was better than Filius and more consistent than Parriot(who looked to have weight issues).  That aside, let him go 165 the entire season then...

2) For whatever reason it still annoys me that he was able to duck every difficult match, save for Eirman in 2018-2019 and 'earn' the 1 seed.

3) No.  I'm wired a bit differently.  I am actually a fan of all the B1G and MAC schools and will root for them against other conferences for every sport.  Michigan schools before B1G before MAC.  I pretty much follow where the kiddos from Michigan head and root for those colleges, too.  My blood flows green blood, though.

16 hours ago, nhs67 said:

1) Purdue should have handled where to put Limmex better last year.  He was a senior who was a grinder for them for three seasons prior.  Keep in mind Limmex is a Michigander guy(him and Schroder both went to Grand Rapids Catholic Central high school).  I believe he was better than Filius and more consistent than Parriot(who looked to have weight issues).  That aside, let him go 165 the entire season then...

2) For whatever reason it still annoys me that he was able to duck every difficult match, save for Eirman in 2018-2019 and 'earn' the 1 seed.

3) No.  I'm wired a bit differently.  I am actually a fan of all the B1G and MAC schools and will root for them against other conferences for every sport.  Michigan schools before B1G before MAC.  I pretty much follow where the kiddos from Michigan head and root for those colleges, too.  My blood flows green blood, though.

Thanks for your responses.  The ducking Carr did to get the #1 seed at B1G 2 years ago also bothered me.  In the end, wrestling karma got him as he didn't make the podium at NCAA's.

So who wants to rank the most annoying wrestling teams in the Big Ten? I have Rutgers #1 and Purdue #14, but I'm willing to be talked out of either one....Haha...At least RU actually has Fans and a Fan Base...Nobody cares about Purdue or Indiana wrestling....You get more fans at a Pa or NJ Middle school match then at Purdue or Indiana Home duals...Of coarse their not annoying!

3 hours ago, moveurfeet32 said:

So who wants to rank the most annoying wrestling teams in the Big Ten? I have Rutgers #1 and Purdue #14, but I'm willing to be talked out of either one....Haha...At least RU actually has Fans and a Fan Base...Nobody cares about Purdue or Indiana wrestling....You get more fans at a Pa or NJ Middle school match then at Purdue or Indiana Home duals...Of coarse their not annoying!

Geesh where to start...

Grammar? Spelling? Punctuation?

All of your deplorable mistakes mask the fact that you ignored the question and subject.

3 hours ago, moveurfeet32 said:

You have serious issues...What a lil fruit cake!

See above.

10 hours ago, ShakaAloha said:

Thanks for your responses.  The ducking Carr did to get the #1 seed at B1G 2 years ago also bothered me.  In the end, wrestling karma got him as he didn't make the podium at NCAA's.

Sorry Shaka but I cannot abide that falsehood.  Let’s go back in time, I was at most of these duals.  Outdoor match vs. #3 Eierman he was winning until late, then lost again to Eierman at Cliff Keen and was injured. So far no way he gets #1 seed.  Finally comes back after missing a couple of opens and the Northern Illinois dual (was he ducking Anthony Cheloni? No offense to him) to beat #6 Kanen Storr at Michigan in the big arena with a huge crowd in attendance. Next up beats #7 McKee, #19 Max Murin, Chad Red, Ohio State backup, and #8 Moran.  Then he gets sick before Northwestern dual (I saw him sitting in the stands at the dual and he looked like death warmed over) — was he ducking McKenna who he had beaten before?  Yes he missed the subsequent Penn State dual 2 days later when he was likely still not healthy but he had just beaten Lee the previous meeting so if that was what you had in mind as a duck, no. 

13 hours ago, George_W_Lush said:

Sorry Shaka but I cannot abide that falsehood.  Let’s go back in time, I was at most of these duals.  Outdoor match vs. #3 Eierman he was winning until late, then lost again to Eierman at Cliff Keen and was injured. So far no way he gets #1 seed.  Finally comes back after missing a couple of opens and the Northern Illinois dual (was he ducking Anthony Cheloni? No offense to him) to beat #6 Kanen Storr at Michigan in the big arena with a huge crowd in attendance. Next up beats #7 McKee, #19 Max Murin, Chad Red, Ohio State backup, and #8 Moran.  Then he gets sick before Northwestern dual (I saw him sitting in the stands at the dual and he looked like death warmed over) — was he ducking McKenna who he had beaten before?  Yes he missed the subsequent Penn State dual 2 days later when he was likely still not healthy but he had just beaten Lee the previous meeting so if that was what you had in mind as a duck, no. 

You're reaching Former Mr. President.

Carr ducked his way to the #1 seed at B1Gs 2 seasons ago.

This is known.

On 10/23/2020 at 11:58 AM, nhs67 said:

I had an old timer tell me at a diner years ago when he overheard my uncles talking about the Devil's and Red Wings in the Stanley Cup.  We were on our way to Game 1, for a little backstory... anywags he turns around with his black cup o' jo and blurts out "You know what is wrong with New Jersey?  People from New Jersey live there!"

I concur

Where do you Live?   

Edited by moveurfeet32

18 minutes ago, moveurfeet32 said:

Where do you Live?   

At the time I lived in West Michigan, but the company my Uncle worked for got box seats for every Red Wings game at the time (including playoffs). Red Wing hockey was sort of big in the mid-late been 90s in Michigan, so he made the 4 hour trek (one way) to come get me for Game 1.

On 10/22/2020 at 6:15 PM, nhs67 said:

Carr didn't duck anyone... turns out he was trying to wrestle only when he absolutely had to because he was so injured he sat out the following season.

Edited by bnwtwg
i'm an idiot sandwich

On 10/22/2020 at 4:03 PM, IronChef said:

This is about football, but these two quotes made me laugh:

1. "Also, Rutgers fans make no bones about the pool of misery they voluntarily swim in, and generally know they are Rutgers. It’s a lack of ambition I can truly appreciate on a personal level."
The wrestling fans, on the other hand, are sure they are always just a year or two away from knocking off Penn State and Iowa.

2. "Why are you in the Big Ten at all, when everyone knows a charter rule of Big Ten membership involves being a place where ordering seafood is a bad idea?"

https://mooncrew.substack.com/p/14-big-ten-universities-ranked-by

So who wants to rank the most annoying wrestling teams in the Big Ten? I have Rutgers #1 and Purdue #14, but I'm willing to be talked out of either one.

Edited by TFBJR
clean up

2 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

Carr didn't duck anyone... turns out he was trying to wrestle only when he absolutely had to because he was so injured he sat out the following season.

Potato tomato.

Same words only not and with different spelling.

22 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

so you are saying Hurt = Duck? That's just quacktastic.

I'm saying the hindsight is convenient, at best.  The narrative for the majority of the season was that he was ducking, not that he was hurt.  Folks weren't running around saying he was hurt so he was sitting, it was 'man he just ducked McKenna' or 'man he just ducked Lee' kind of crap.  Wouldn't more people have known?

Seed protecting is stupid and, in my opinion, should be penalized.

For example:
Seed the team's weight at conference, not the wrestlers.  Mismatches/bracket busters?  Sure, but it'll make coaches wrestle the best kid and not duck(we know folks duck...).

Then from there count default losses at conference as actual losses.

Then I am happy.

Apologies for the diversion from the subject.

3 hours ago, TFBJR said:

I'm so sorry this is happening to you.  I hope your life turns around.  Rutgers football:  RU Football    Rutgers Wrestling: RU Wrestling

NJ:   College football is not a way of life, nor a means to escape the crushing deadness of watching the grain grow for 6 months and then teh snow fall for the other 6. 9 professional teams in the 4 major sports, professional and semi-pro teams in every other sport, unending cultural events and night-life venues, i.e. music, art, education, etc., the Atlantic Ocean, and unlimited job opportunities post-graduation.  I hope you recover 

All true. And don't forget that NJ has the most diverse and best restaurants in the country. No chicken fried crap served here.