Sign in to follow this  
JJH

Redshirts

OK, so who are the returning redshirts for next season, and who is expected to take a year off?

Also, who is going up or down a weight.? I have both Stiebers and Heflin at Ohio State.

Mason Beckman (133) is expected back for Lehigh and so is Austin Meys (174).

Nate Brown (174) will take the year off.

Danny Mitchell (197) returns for American U.

JJH

From out our way ... (PNW) We have Jordon Rogers finishing his Fr. Redshirt at OK State. He wrestled a bit this past season at some opens ... Won more then he lost. Amazing wrestler, and we expect him to slide right on into the 184# spot in the OK State roster.

In his senior year he compiled a perfect 42-0 record and pinning all 42 of his opponents ... Including the post season Dapper Dan, and one other HS all Star event. ( Washington has probably the lowest HS Match Count ceiling then any other State)

He was a 3X Washington Champ, missing out on a 4 time, due to an angry appendix his Jr year in HS.

PS. His little brother is a 3X'r already in HS, and will be joining Jordon at OK St. when he graduates this next year.

He has been a busy guy while RS'ing ...

http://www.okstate.com/sports/m-wrestl/ ... 03449.html

From out our way ... (PNW) We have Jordon Rogers finishing his Fr. Redshirt at OK State. He wrestled a bit this past season at some opens ... Won more then he lost. Amazing wrestler, and we expect him to slide right on into the 184# spot in the OK State roster.

In his senior year he compiled a perfect 42-0 record and pinning all 42 of his opponents ... Including the post season Dapper Dan, and one other HS all Star event. ( Washington has probably the lowest HS Match Count ceiling then any other State)

He was a 3X Washington Champ, missing out on a 4 time, due to an angry appendix his Jr year in HS.

PS. His little brother is a 3X'r already in HS, and will be joining Jordon at OK St. when he graduates this next year.

wow- impressive young man all around-good luck to him.

..excellent choice for his major, "athletic training".

Zach Horan Central Michigan R of 12 in 2012

Also Joe Roth will be back at 125 I'd imagine.

Mark Grey, Jimmy Gulibon, Ryan Mango, Andrew Howe, Jarrod Patterson, Travis Rutt, Nick Gwiazdowski are some of the first guys to come to my mind.

Edit: A few more: Jason Tsirtsis will be a big impact guy. Maybe we will see Cisneros for the Big Red.

Cory Clark has shown he's ready for the real stuff, and I see Zane Richards doing well for the Illini. Sam Brooks also did well for the Hawkeyes as a redshirt, but finding a spot may be difficult considering he'll have two returning All Americans in his projected weights.

Issac Jordan had some awesome wins for a true Freshman, and I'm excited to see how Tim Dudley does for the Huskers next year.

Tyler Small is back for the Golden Flashes as is Ian Miller.

Michigan has Conor Youtsey and Steve Dutton. I think both of those guys could have an impact. I've already heard some talk that they might redshirt Bruno and Massa next year, and most, if not all, of the incoming freshmen. That seems like a good decision.

Ryan Taylor (125), Jesse Thielke (133/141), Zeke Jordan (165) and Jesse Thielke (133/141) next year for Wisconsin should help! Fingers crossed...

You know Jesse Thielke can only count once, right? Unless you cloned him. That's not a bad idea.

..excellent choice for his major, "athletic training".

I'm not sure how they do it now ..... But he had a GPA above 4.0 in High School... ?? Advanced Placement classes. Which in my son's case it made him about 1 year ahead in the classroom. Entering college as an "Academic Sophomore" makes things a lot easier and a bit less expensive.

Lehigh ?

With Beckman coming back does the older Cruz redshirt? Also, does the younger one step right in at 125?

I think he could step right in. The kid has a lot of skills!

Ryan Taylor (125), Jesse Thielke (133/141), Zeke Jordan (165) and Jesse Thielke (133/141) next year for Wisconsin should help! Fingers crossed...

You know Jesse Thielke can only count once, right? Unless you cloned him. That's not a bad idea.

He is just that good, so we thought we would put him on there twice! :D

Lehigh ?

With Beckman coming back does the older Cruz redshirt? Also, does the younger one step right in at 125?

*** The older Cruz and Gardner will likely wrestle off for 141, with the loser taking the year off. Not definite, but I think the plan is to let Cruz the Younger take a year to grow into 125. JJH