1 hour ago, NJDan said:

Has there ever been a champ who retired and did not come back in UFC? You tell me.

I don't know I don't really follow UFC, just find it hard to believe that it's "never" happened

2 hours ago, NJDan said:

"On June 8, 2020, Cejudo announced that he would be willing to come out of retirement to fight Alexander Volkanovski in order to claim the UFC featherweight championship, which would be his third title in a different weight class." -- Wikipedia

So he, too, will be back when the price is right. Even he says so. 

It was said the moment Cejudo retired that it was half hearted and he was interested in coming back if he could get the kind of payday that the big name guys were getting.  He’s basically said as much sense then. He knows he’s could stay retired and be fine, but would fight if the right opportunity came around.  The problem is traditionally the lightweights have not been big draws that have got large PPV numbers to make it worth it.  But if Mighty Mouse Johnson wasn’t able to do it I’m not sure Cejudo has much more of a shot at it.  I’m not putting him in the same category as Khabib. 

Great fighter but not the best in the history. In my opinion he is the best 155 but not the goat. The goat is called Jones after the HW title. The next is called Chimaev.

Inviato dal mio LG-H870 utilizzando Tapatalk

46 minutes ago, grappler111 said:

Great fighter but not the best in the history. In my opinion he is the best 155 but not the goat. The goat is called Jones after the HW title. The next is called Chimaev.

Jones lost the opportunity to be a GOAT with all his PED busts.  JMO

1 hour ago, grappler111 said:

Just my opinion here, but Jones is not undefeated. Yes his one loss was a DQ in a fight he was winning, but he was DQ’d for doing something illegal. He also has two controversial/close call victories. Then throw in the PED/drug issues. 

Khabib is in what has been regarded as the deepest division for sometime, undefeated, having just smashed all the top guys. 

Goat is all about opinion. But pretty hard to top what Khabib has done. 

I think he said "Khabib in 2020" due to GSP's age;  and kind of skirted the issue on "prime of their careers."

Did say GSP would always try to use opponents best weapon against them and would probably try to take Khabib down.

Edited by AHamilton

Just my opinion here, but Jones is not undefeated. Yes his one loss was a DQ in a fight he was winning, but he was DQ’d for doing something illegal. He also has two controversial/close call victories. Then throw in the PED/drug issues. 

Khabib is in what has been regarded as the deepest division for sometime, undefeated, having just smashed all the top guys. 

Goat is all about opinion. But pretty hard to top what Khabib has done. 
In pro mma there is not one fighters without doping. It is a professional sport, so...
If you are successful in one weight class you are a champion but if you don't embrace the challenge of new weight classes you are not the best of all time.

4 hours ago, grappler111 said:

In pro mma there is not one fighters without doping. It is a professional sport, so...
If you are successful in one weight class you are a champion but if you don't embrace the challenge of new weight classes you are not the best of all time.

Like I said, all a matter of opinon.  Saying not one single fighter without doping is...well...nevermind.  To each their own.

18 hours ago, grappler111 said:

When you talk about GOAT in MMA, I think of Jones minus the PED's, GSP, Mighty Mouse, Khabib.........

On 10/26/2020 at 3:35 PM, grappler111 said:

Did you really just say Chimaev? Maybe a handful of people on here that will understand that joke.

10 minutes ago, BTC said:

Did you really just say Chimaev? Maybe a handful of people on here that will understand that joke.

it's early days, but, he is pegged as the one...

already a favorite over edwards...

find out in about a month and a half...

22 minutes ago, LJB said:

it's early days, but, he is pegged as the one...

already a favorite over edwards...

find out in about a month and a half...

I get the hype but how many times has the same thing been said about other guys. For example just a year ago people were calling Zabit Magomedsharipov the next one. He's a contender but his hype train has died down. People are so quick to anoint the next great one.

10 minutes ago, BTC said:

I get the hype but how many times has the same thing been said about other guys. For example just a year ago people were calling Zabit Magomedsharipov the next one. He's a contender but his hype train has died down. People are so quick to anoint the next great one.

I don’t disagree at all, but...

what he has done has been unprecedented so far...

he goes out and lamps Edwards, then we will have moved past just hype...

17 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

Think Leon beats him comfortably tbh

I wonder what his actual level of wrestling was, though. Swedish national champ in FS doesn't tell you much. 

the scandinavian countries don't refer to free as "women's wrestling" for no reason...

vikings still doing viking stuff...

Khabib will come back to fight. Putin will hire one of his ex-KGB friends to assassinate Khabib's mom and with her out of the way Khabib won't have to worry about honoring his promise to her. He'll come back and fight GSP at 170lbs.

19 minutes ago, Chet Hanson said:

Khabib will come back to fight. Putin will hire one of his ex-KGB friends to assassinate Khabib's mom and with her out of the way Khabib won't have to worry about honoring his promise to her. He'll come back and fight GSP at 170lbs.

His coach stated in an interview the last couple days that he believes he will be back, that it was strictly and emotional decision both on the part of he and his mother (no surprise) and that after going through some stages of grief he feels she will see coming back, to take the GSP fight for example, will be a way to continue honoring his father.