Sign in to follow this  
jeffrideal

Ohiowrestling.net

38 minutes ago, RealAmericanHero said:

Good to read. That site is one of my go-to sites during the season when I want to read actual dialogue among a community. I'm unaware if they all know each other but they actually use real names. Well, appear to use real names. 

It's all real names.  I lost my login information years ago so I just occasionally read it now without contributing.  I don't really mind though as I would not have anything of value to add.  Only when the conversation drifts back to late 80s/early 90s NE Ohio HS wrestling does my urge to chime in go unquenched but that is probably for the best as I am sure I have added my 2 cents on that topic more times than others care to remember.

On 11/6/2020 at 9:56 AM, RealAmericanHero said:

Good to read. That site is one of my go-to sites during the season when I want to read actual dialogue among a community. I'm unaware if they all know each other but they actually use real names. Well, appear to use real names. 

Right using real names adds a level of accountability and for the most part keeps people from being a-holes.  Lots of former high level competitors, coaches, and officials post there (a lot of us know each other from seeding meetings and hospitality rooms).  Sometimes we get a special treat when a guy like Rex Holman will come on and drop knowledge or give commentary after a big match or competition.  Rex is intelligent and quite philosophical (in addition to being a beast) and is an interesting read .  

On 11/6/2020 at 11:42 AM, Broomstick said:

It's all real names.  I lost my login information years ago so I just occasionally read it now without contributing.  I don't really mind though as I would not have anything of value to add.  Only when the conversation drifts back to late 80s/early 90s NE Ohio HS wrestling does my urge to chime in go unquenched but that is probably for the best as I am sure I have added my 2 cents on that topic more times than others care to remember.

Who did you wrestle for in the 80's/90's?   I went to St. Joes.