Wrestleknownothing

Jordan Burroughs doesn't lose on Twitter, either.

5 hours ago, AHamilton said:

Shut up with the "toxic masculinity" crap.  The kid is a tool.  But he's young.  Maybe he can mature.  

Of course in the next sentence, you are hoping his coach commits acts of violence.  

Take your Gender Studies degree elsewhere.  Hypocrite.

You shut up you POS.   I've seen your posts for a long time, and you are coward and liar.  You are also a right wing idiot.   And you are clearly uneducated in any meaningful way.

If a coach or wrester constantly lied, whined, complained, made up things, and always and ever made it about themselves, every honorable and sane person would call them out and see them as a pathology, but you on the other hand would vote for them and support them and apologize for them.  You are a pathetic little old man. 

Maybe a lot of the right wing wrestling community (and it is absolutely huge as anyone who has honestly followed the sport closely knows) should confront their ignorance and lack of education and bigotry.  Borroughs (and others in the past) have made very uncontroversial remarks through the years, but  the rednecks and conspiracy theorists and reactionaries come out of the closet  and woodwork now under Trump and  rush to defend or advance their ignorance.  This includes a ton of people, including even those like Askren who pretend to be sensible but are not.   In fact, they don't even know how deeply biased they are.   Anytime race (or related issues) comes to the fore, the right wing rural wrestling community retreats to its defenses and denials.  It pretends to be objective.   Why does no none (including FLO) talk about this?  Because it is an elephant in the room.  I bet you would find an interesting dialogue emerge if the voices of JB, James Green, Kyven Gadson,  Mark Hall, and many, many others were given a platform.   Go ahead: give it a try.  Invite them to the table.  We all might learn something.   What is everyone so afraid of?

10 hours ago, LJB said:

well...

we do not have a new president yet...

that does seem pretty "misinformed"...

Could be wrong, but looking closer it kinda seems that the “he’s not President yet” line was separate from the “you’re misinformed line.”   So, he appears to be implying either that Trump has class and dignity, or that Biden doesn’t (which would be giving a political opinion, so I would probably take back my original comment saying Ferrari didn’t really give an opinion).

5 hours ago, dmm53 said:

Maybe a lot of the right wing wrestling community (and it is absolutely huge as anyone who has honestly followed the sport closely knows) should confront their ignorance and lack of education and bigotry.  Borroughs (and others in the past) have made very uncontroversial remarks through the years, but  the rednecks and conspiracy theorists and reactionaries come out of the closet  and woodwork now under Trump and  rush to defend or advance their ignorance.  This includes a ton of people, including even those like Askren who pretend to be sensible but are not.   In fact, they don't even know how deeply biased they are.   Anytime race (or related issues) comes to the fore, the right wing rural wrestling community retreats to its defenses and denials.  It pretends to be objective.   Why does no none (including FLO) talk about this?  Because it is an elephant in the room.  I bet you would find an interesting dialogue emerge if the voices of JB, James Green, Kyven Gadson,  Mark Hall, and many, many others were given a platform.   Go ahead: give it a try.  Invite them to the table.  We all might learn something.   What is everyone so afraid of?

Literally all those guys you listed did do a Q&A together recently.  So while you’re overall point has merit, I don’t think it’s fair to include Ferrari as part of the problem.

6 hours ago, dmm53 said:

Whoa...easy there social warrior.  A lot of generalization and accusations you surely can't back up.  I'll give you a pass given it is clearly what side of the isle you lean and thus, will often make very emotional arguments and statements before applying some critical thinking and facts.  What drives me nuts about posts and comments like yours is that you are willing to make wildly offensive accusations based on no actual evidence, and without applying the same filters and expectations to not only yourself but to everyone, not just a group of people you are trying to lump all together because for some reason you disagree with them without ever having spoken with them or known them.

Anyway, you want to address the elephantS in the room, I'd be more than happy to have a discussion in regards to the above things you think are true if you are at the same time open to a discussion around the other side of things.  Like why is it that if someone disagrees with someone else's opinion, or just does not like that person for whatever reason, and they happen to be of a different color, or race, or gender identity, it becomes about the different color, or race, or gender identity rather their opinion or their personality trait??  Who then is the person making everything about a different color, or race, or gender identity??  Who is the bigot and racist and ignorant person than?  When will it be okay to like or dislike someone based on who they are as a person versus the color of their skin, what race they are, or whom they chose to sleep with or identify as a person???

So yes, invite everyone to the table and be ready and open minded to listen to EVERYONE not just those who you happen to share similar views with...we ALL may learn something.  Next move is yours warrior!

29 minutes ago, dman115 said:

So yes, invite everyone to the table and be ready and open minded to listen to EVERYONE not just those who you happen to share similar views with...we ALL may learn something.  Next move is yours warrior!

I guess I dont see it as much of a racial issue. However when someone like Ferrari jumps in, more or less says "shut up and wrestle" and questions JBs intelligence the discussion has changed. I may come on here and say Ferrari was out of line and someone else will say, Ferrari has a right to an opinion. Then I can say I have a right to have an opinion about his opinion, on JBs opinion. To which you say, you have a right to have an opinion about my opinion of Ferraris opinion, on JBs opinion. 

The fact is, this is no longer a discussion about the contents of the original comment. Its a discussion about rights. Should JB be able to speak his mind or not? Ferrari says no. I say yes. 

This becomes a racial issue because it happens in sports a lot. Is the intent always racially motivated? I dont think so. Is it sometimes? Yeah, probably. Why dont we just let people have their opinions? If you dont like it move on, or discuss the contents of the opinion, not a persons right to have an opinion.

I think what we are seeing over and over and over again is the paradox of tolerance. 

Edited by Drake_Mallard

On 11/9/2020 at 3:47 PM, 1032004 said:

So how much do we think Burroughs walks around at?  If he's close to 86kg that's 190.    Ferrari is probably what 200-205 so I guess they wouldn't be far apart.  If Ferrari had 30+ pounds on JB I think I'd give him a chance

So you’re saying there’s a chance.

8 hours ago, dmm53 said:

You shut up you POS.   I've seen your posts for a long time, and you are coward and liar.  You are also a right wing idiot.   And you are clearly uneducated in any meaningful way.

If a coach or wrester constantly lied, whined, complained, made up things, and always and ever made it about themselves, every honorable and sane person would call them out and see them as a pathology, but you on the other hand would vote for them and support them and apologize for them.  You are a pathetic little old man. 

I am a registered democrat.

14 hours ago, dmm53 said:

With the demise of PD III, toxic masculinity and toxic stupidity has a new "hero": A. J. Ferrari.

Just scroll through this guy's Twit (yes, Twit) feed: he looks dumb; he acts dumb; he is dumb.  

He is one of the reasons wrestling is often ridiculed in high school and beyond as the dumb jock and Neanderthal sport.

John Smith should break this guy's phone or fingers.  Or, better yet, stuff his pie hole with a fist full of jock straps. 

Coming from a guy who is such a wrestling fan and genius that he doesn't know how to spell "Burroughs." lol

It is at the top of the thread dum-dum! How many times do you need to spell it wrong.  Please give one of our all-time greats the respect he deserves by spelling his name right!

Deliberately repeatedly spelling a man's name wrong is something your fellow SJWs would call a microaggression.