Wrestleknownothing

Jordan Burroughs doesn't lose on Twitter, either.

1 hour ago, Drake_Mallard said:

I guess I dont see it as much of a racial issue. However when someone like Ferrari jumps in, more or less says "shut up and wrestle" and questions JBs intelligence the discussion has changed. I may come on here and say Ferrari was out of line and someone else will say, Ferrari has a right to an opinion. Then I can say I have a right to have an opinion about his opinion, on JBs opinion. To which you say, you have a right to have an opinion about my opinion of Ferraris opinion, on JBs opinion. 

The fact is, this is no longer a discussion about the contents of the original comment. Its a discussion about rights. Should JB be able to speak his mind or not? Ferrari says no. I say yes. 

This becomes a racial issue because it happens in sports a lot. Is the intent always racially motivated? I dont think so. Is it sometimes? Yeah, probably. Why dont we just let people have their opinions? If you dont like it move on, or discuss the contents of the opinion, not a persons right to have an opinion.

I think what we are seeing over and over and over again is the paradox of tolerance. 

Funny thing is I agree with a lot of what you said...JB should be able to speak his mind, and so should Ferrari...no matter if one agrees or disagrees.  And disagreeing with one's opinions and stating such isn't always a bad thing regardless if it is one of the greatest of all time or some young punk kid.  And I really didn't see how Ferrari was attacking JB as a person, other than stating he should stick to wrestling...but that is Ferrari's opinion...which I sort of agree with in terms of the concept...because sometimes elite athletes get on their high horse and talk about things they know very little about and assume people care what they think about things like politics (I am not talking about JB here).  Again...MY OPINION!!  Should athletes be able to talk about those things....ABSOLUTELY!!

1 minute ago, dman115 said:

Funny thing is I agree with a lot of what you said...JB should be able to speak his mind, and so should Ferrari...no matter if one agrees or disagrees.  And disagreeing with one's opinions and stating such isn't always a bad thing regardless if it is one of the greatest of all time or some young punk kid.  And I really didn't see how Ferrari was attacking JB as a person, other than stating he should stick to wrestling...but that is Ferrari's opinion...which I sort of agree with in terms of the concept...because sometimes elite athletes get on their high horse and talk about things they know very little about and assume people care what they think about things like politics (I am not talking about JB here).  Again...MY OPINION!!  Should athletes be able to talk about those things....ABSOLUTELY!!

Should people tell others they cant have an opinion? If you're truly tolerant yeah, but tolerance of intolerance is a slippery slope i.e. paradox of tolerance. Its one thing to roll youre eyes at someone, disagree, argue against the content of the statement, whatever. Ill admit; I am sick of a lot of celebrities opinions. Its another thing to tell others they shouldn't be able to express themselves. When everyone starts to agree with that, what happens?

Yes, I understand this was a simple twitter incident, but the issue I think is widespread and its not a new thing either.

Just now, Drake_Mallard said:

Semantics. You knew what I meant.

your manufactured outrage over your hero being dismissed by a teenager and then your subsequent blathering and justification is just very telling to who you are as a person...

i suppose you can try to wash that all away with a claim of "semantics"...

Just now, LJB said:

your manufactured outrage over your hero being dismissed by a teenager and then your subsequent blathering and justification is just very telling to who you are as a person...

i suppose you can try to wash that all away with a claim of "semantics"...

Yes, thats exactly it. Well put.

1 hour ago, Drake_Mallard said:

If there are supposedly SJW in this very thread, and SJWs do this, how come you are the only one to bring it up? 

Apparently, you don't understand satire.  We are on a thread where a clown brought up toxic masculinity.  You know the SJW buzzword?  There is nothing toxic about being masculine or a man.  This is the same type of crowd that wails and gnashes their teeth over "micraggressions," "misgendering," etc. The SJWs try to cancel people like Ferrari over crap like this.   Ferrari can come off as being young and foolish, but it doesn't it has anything to do with the fact that he is a male or masculine.  If he is young and foolish, call him young and foolish- don't say it is because he is masculine.

And you are either unaware of the ongoing thread, unaware of cancel culture or unaware of satire.

Or you're perfectly ok with cancel culture.

This is the type of stuff that has me considering leaving the Democratic Party and becoming  an independent.  I cannot bear to be associated with cancel culture and outrage culture.

Just now, AHamilton said:

And you are either unaware of the ongoing thread, unaware of cancel culture or unaware of satire.

This is the type of stuff that has me considering leaving the Democratic Party and becoming  an independent.  I cannot bear to be associated with cancel culture and outrage culture.

Wait, so is it satire or an actual issue?

4 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

i can not imagine any of our founding fathers being particularly pleased with the silliness of both the left and the right in this country...

11 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

Apparently, you don't understand satire.  We are on a thread where a clown brought up toxic masculinity.  You know the SJW buzzword?  There is nothing toxic about being masculine or a man.  This is the same type of crowd that wails and gnashes their teeth over "micraggressions," "misgendering," etc. The SJWs try to cancel people like Ferrari over crap like this.   Ferrari can come off as being young and foolish, but it doesn't it has anything to do with the fact that he is a male or masculine.  If he is young and foolish, call him young and foolish- don't say it is because he is masculine.

Is anyone relevant actually trying to "cancel" Ferrari?  Most of what I saw under his tweet was memes of people laughing.

3 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Is anyone relevant actually trying to "cancel" Ferrari?  Most of what I saw under his tweet was memes of people laughing.

Yeah, but the narrative doesnt work unless he paints Ferrari as a victim of cancel culture. At the most, people have said Ferrari was disrespectful, but apparently thats just going too far.

I mean AHamilton is so upset about it he is ready change political parties. Its clearly a big deal.

Edited by Drake_Mallard

i think the great and wise A Hamilton was specifically referring to the jack ass in this thread who actually used the ridiculous term "toxic masculinity" and then he further expounded on the larger issue in this country of silly people wanting to silence anything or anyone that offends their precious feelings...

8 minutes ago, LJB said:

i think the great and wise A Hamilton was specifically referring to the jack ass in this thread who actually used the ridiculous term "toxic masculinity" and then he further expounded on the larger issue in this country of silly people wanting to silence anything or anyone that offends their precious feelings...

Idk why he is lecturing me about it then. I didnt say anything about toxic masculinity. I just noted that he was the one bringing up "microaggressions". Literally no one else was, and maybe its not as pervasive as he is pretending it is. And for some reason that means I embrace cancel culture:

36 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

Who is the victim in cancel culture here?

Edited by Drake_Mallard

Just now, LJB said:

i can't hold your hand on every post...

there was a timeline...

i got it...

but, i'm not looking to be offended about everything either...

Was he addressing me or not? So he quoted me, but none of it had to do with what I said? He claimed I was white knighting when I challenged the notion that microaggressions were this huge problem. 

When I wouldnt bite on the "white knight" trolling he took full victim stance of the dangers of labeling "toxic masculinity" more or less suggesting that I allign with SJW for questioning him in any way. What did I miss?