Sign in to follow this  
HoundedHawk

My thoughts on Logan Stieber

Iowa went from dominance to this? Come on.......paying off refs?

My how the mighty have fallen.

1. I am not an Iowa fan.

2. You have to know that I was saying that precisely because it is absurd - to illustrate my point...right? You have to know that...

So, if the standard is a 2 count, and the frame by frame video supports that Logan is exposed for 2.2 seconds, we are bashing a referee for being off by .3 seconds.

I would bet that most people on this board could not start and stop a watch within .3 seconds, but yet, the referee "blew" the call because of .3 seconds.

Start a stopwatch and stop it at exactly 2 seconds. See if you are fast or slow. Who knows, some of you may be at 3 or 4 seconds. Some may be at 1.5.

All of this about .3 seconds. In the words of Chris Carter..."Come on, man!"

So, if the standard is a 2 count, and the frame by frame video supports that Logan is exposed for 2.2 seconds, we are bashing a referee for being off by .3 seconds.I wouldbetthatmost people on this board could not star andstop awatchwithin.3 seconds, but yet, the referee "blew" the callbecauseof .3 seconds.Start a stopwatch and stop it at exactly 2 seconds See if you are w.Who knows,some ofyou may be at 3 or 4 seconds. Sme may beat 1.5.All of this about .3 seconds. In the words of Chris Carter..."Come on, man!"

Win! hahaha

I didn't say it was? My point was getting into the "Don't you think this is at least possible?" game is totally useless.

Of course it isn't useless. We're discussing how a blown call affected the rest of the match and Tony's chances of winning the match. How his actions later in the match were dictated by the blown call earlier. It's the exact opposite of useless in a discussion board format.

Vak you are missing my point, or I am not making it clearly. I was responding directly to the guy who asked you "Maybe it was Terry Brands' legs that took away Tony Ramos' best chance. Can you at least accept this as a possibility?"

I am not saying that discussing what could have happened the rest of the match had the points been awarded is useless...im saying - very specifically - that this type of questioning trying to validate a point is completely useless.

If you answer his question by saying "Yes, I can accept that as a possibility" what then? You still think it was a wrong call and took away Ramos chance to win - the other guy still disagrees. Useless.

***This 600 character limit is awful.

If you answer his question by saying "Yes, I can accept that as a possibility" what then? You still think it was a wrong call and took away Ramos chance to win - the other guy still disagrees. Useless.

***This 600 character limit is awful.

I understand.

the whole "can do pull ups with one finger" seems a little unbelievable to me. I am sure he can rep out tons of pull ups, but using one finger from each hand? I would need to see it to believe it.

I heard that and we all tried it on Saturday night. I ripped out 5 legit ones on my first try, and I had a few cocktails. One of the girls who was here got 2. A few other guys got 1.

the whole "can do pull ups with one finger" seems a little unbelievable to me. I am sure he can rep out tons of pull ups, but using one finger from each hand? I would need to see it to believe it.

I heard that and we all tried it on Saturday night. I ripped out 5 legit ones on my first try, and I had a few cocktails. One of the girls who was here got 2. A few other guys got 1.

Yea it sounds a lot more impressive than it is unfortunately :lol:

36685151.jpg

I wonder if there were other "blown calls" in the tournament? hmmm.....

Anyway....Vak.....you think the "blown call" cost Ramos the match?? Really?? How about giving up the 7 points....do you think that that may have cost him the match?

I think the reason Ramos lost is he didn't give Steiber his evil staredown before they started....lol!! :lol:

I wonder if there were other "blown calls" in the tournament? hmmm.....

Anyway....Vak.....you think the "blown call" cost Ramos the match?? Really?? How about giving up the 7 points....do you think that that may have cost him the match?

I think the reason Ramos lost is he didn't give Steiber his evil staredown before they started....lol!! :lol:

Why do people keep making things up? I have repeatedly said the opposite, that it did NOT cost him the match, but it cost him his best opportunity at winning the match.

Wait...didn't you say this though??

"We're discussing how a blown call affected the rest of the match and Tony's chances of winning the match."

Yes, I said that. It DID affect the rest of the match and TOny's chances. It did not necessarily change the winner.

So, if the standard is a 2 count, and the frame by frame video supports that Logan is exposed for 2.2 seconds, we are bashing a referee for being off by .3 seconds. Start a stopwatch and stop it at exactly 2 seconds. See if you are fast or slow...some of you may be at 3 or 4 seconds...some may be at 1.5."

+ 1

Just another call that could have gone either way - a referee can't calculate elapsed seconds perfectly. Many silently say "one-thousand one, one-thousand two" at a normal conversational

rate. That's not very precise - and it also varies from person to person.