grappler6

Willie Trials

7 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

ANyone know anything about the "physical confrontations" between Pyles and Willy? Talk about something that could get some clicks. 

I was wondering about these too. 

I think they joked about it a few times on FRL but it seemed as more of a “I will” type of joke rather than “we did”. 

4 hours ago, jammen said:

$1,000,000 on attorney fees so far

Yup, I was being generous by really only referring to them talking about rankings (which wasn’t he specifically permitted to do after the injunction anyway?), big boards, crystal balls, and brains, but I’m sure even that is probably in the hundreds of thousands.  But they have also spent time trying to prove (unsuccessfully, IMO) that he was attempting to do live events.

1 hour ago, Sstern said:

Off topic, it is disgusting to me how much lawyers charge these days.  And I am one.

TOSU dropped “up to” $1,600/hr. to the firm it hired to investigate the doc who fondled athletes.  No one is worth that much an hour.  I am positive they could have found a firm less expensive.  Total waste of money.  That is not to indicate that an investigation wasn’t needed.  It was.

I believe it’s purposeful. If an organization spends millions on “an investigation” it infers that it was complete and thorough, thus the findings are valid and reliable.

It’s a shell game.

8 hours ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

unfortunately i am message board warrior at heart. it's in my blood and is never going away. I am bound to this forum for life and sometimes things get spicy, can't be helped. but i will tell the bros at the office to chill with the arrogance and put out nothing but positive vibes going forward. thank you for the feedback and understanding.

I, for one, am glad you engage. Thank you for that.

If you do deliver any feedback from this board to HQ mine would be:

1. I value Flo and think it has been well worth the price.  I subscribed specifically to see wrestling I could not get to see live. The way I look at it is, for under $200 I save thousands in travel expenses. I would make that trade all day.

2. FRL can also be highly entertaining. I don't value it the way I value the remote access to wrestling, but it is essentially free added content from my perspective. 

3. The rankings are fun to argue about. And the ranker's guild is a cute schtick even if I disagree with it. This comes in third in my personal value rank. But again, free.

4. The articles are only occasionally interesting.  

Every year I just let it ride and re-subscribe. But this year I am having second thoughts. The lose of live Big 10 wrestling streaming is a big issue for me, but not the only issue. The Flo lawsuit against Willy Saylor and Rokfin has been very petty in my view and has left a bad taste in my mouth. I don't think I am alone in that either.

On the plus side, I have been very impressed with CP, Askren, and Bratke being able to do a show about a sport that effectively ceased to exist for 5 or 6 months. I also applaud Flo not feeling the need to hot take. Keep keeping it classy. This board provides all of the needless, fact-less speculation anyone can need. Finally, Flo's events have been great, as well.

7 hours ago, Sstern said:

Off topic, it is disgusting to me how much lawyers charge these days.  And I am one.

TOSU dropped “up to” $1,600/hr. to the firm it hired to investigate the doc who fondled athletes.  No one is worth that much an hour.  I am positive they could have found a firm less expensive.  Total waste of money.  That is not to indicate that an investigation wasn’t needed.  It was.

Should have called Saul.

9 hours ago, LJB said:

gotcha...

clearly FLO thought it was over when the german's bombed pearl harbor...

Yep, it's a classic corporate tactic to avoid wrongful termination litigation.  You basically have to acknowledge that there is a part of your job that needs improvement, at which point they give you a couple months to improve, after which they generally terminate you anyway.  

2 hours ago, BobDole said:

Pyles has taken the stand, check twitter for a link.

Where?

EDIT:  I found it.  Apparently they are in recess.  Martin is right now angrily castigating a woman who I presume is Flo's attorney.

Edited by VakAttack

2 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Who is Willie's attorney and Martin's attorney?

Willie's = Soltero

Rokfin's = Dickie/Klingseisen/Brutocao

Flo's = Karen

Not sure who Ms. Baker is.  She just showed up today I think

Edited by 1032004

The interesting thing about this trial is that, as a bench trial, the testimony would typically favor Flo and CP over Willie and Martin.  Willie and Martin's overt emotions would play better with juries.  I would probably have tried to wait for a jury trial if I was Willie/Rokfin.

Weird hill for CP to die on that all wrestlers will still be competing, given that he had already (rightly) admitted the rankings would change.

The basic argument for relevancy is that the rankings are current content.  They generate interest and readership NOW.  They're a reflection of what's happened NOW.  That's the best argument is that the rankings generate readership/subs now, not in 2024.  Not necessarily a winner, but the best argument towards relevancy.

35 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

I'm confused. Wasn't this all a year ago?

He left just about a year ago.   Not sure when the lawsuit first started.    But I think part of the reason for the current trial is that Flo is saying since they believe Willie violated the 1-year non-compete, that it should be extended.