grappler6

Willie Trials

Just now, uncle bernard said:

Lost it when CP hit em with the ol' "what does diminished mean?"  Not sneaking anything by him.

It happens a LOT, honestly.  People get nervous when being questioned and they start asking you for the definition of simple words, because they think you're trying to trap them.  Usually a symptom of poor preparation.

Just based on what we're seeing here, it appears CP got caught in the crossfire of Willie not enjoying the shift towards corporatization and his bosses.  He wanted to be able to maintain his personal relationship with Willie while obviously keeping his (I presume) lucrative gig at Flo going up.  Kind of tough all around, but on a human level I feel for both Willie and CP as they seem like two regular guys who were friends and now definitively are not.

16 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Allow me to give you a definitive ranking of the lawyers thusfar in my short viewing (from a fellow attorney):

1.  Dickie

2.  Burgess

3.  Soltero

These are 2020 rankings.

I think I'd demand to see your google sheet as to how you put Burgess ahead of Soltero

6 minutes ago, OBXWrestler said:

Anyone else feel this whole case is about the younger Flo brother getting at Martin and Willie and CP got caught up in the middle of it? 

See this 

On 11/11/2020 at 8:45 AM, BobDole said:

They are afraid of Rokfin. They can't sue Rokfin if Willie isn't involved.

That is why they aren't going after Lobdell who now has a patreon site which is similar to Rokfin's. Nor are they going after former FloTrack employees that have content on other providers.

5 minutes ago, jchapman said:

What was said?

Your post about Kerkvliet leaving due to Tom Ryan finding out he was vaccinated was shown as evidence.

2 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I think I'd demand to see your google sheet as to how you put Burgess ahead of Soltero

Soltero is bad.  His questioning in this crossexamination (the only thing I've viewed) is disjointed and he's been unprepared, asked poor predicate questions.  It's not particularly close, in my mind.  He's the most....emotional, which can play well, I guess.

EDIT:  This is not an endorsement of Burgess.

Edited by VakAttack

Just now, VakAttack said:

Soltero is bad.  His questioning in this crossexamination (the only thing I've viewed) is disjointed and he's been unprepared, asked poor predicate questions.  It's not particularly close, in my mind.  He's the most....emotional, which can play well, I guess.

You have missed the numerous admonishments the judge has given Karen.

Just now, VakAttack said:

One particular exchange that stood out to me as a non-lawyer was his fumbling of the "was OSU down?" line of questioning that allowed to CP to not have to admit the obvious answer of yes. A cursory level of prep would have him know that they were down because two stars left the program, not because they weren't having a good season.

Just now, BobDole said:

You have missed the numerous admonishments the judge has given Karen.

All I've seen is Burgess in her direct, which was fine (but doesn't take much skill, honestly) and her objections of cross which have been hit or miss.  I edited my post to clarify this was not an endorsement of Burgess.

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

All I've seen is Burgess in her direct, which was fine (but doesn't take much skill, honestly) and her objections of cross which have been hit or miss.  I edited my post to clarify this was not an endorsement of Burgess.

There have been many objections to her questions that were sustained. The judge has seemed fed up with her on an hourly basis when she is questioning.

20 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

Lost it when CP hit em with the ol' "what does diminished mean?"  Not sneaking anything by him.

The funniest part was when CP clearly got flustered and frustrated and said, "If you can get the name right, I can answer". A little salty. The lawyer's response of "if you want to play that game" was pretty good too.

12 minutes ago, BobDole said:

Your post about Kerkvliet leaving due to Tom Ryan finding out he was vaccinated was shown as evidence.

Missed that part.  Evidence of what exactly?  That tOSU was "down"?

10 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

One particular exchange that stood out to me as a non-lawyer was his fumbling of the "was OSU down?" line of questioning that allowed to CP to not have to admit the obvious answer of yes. A cursory level of prep would have him know that they were down because two stars left the program, not because they weren't having a good season.

He doesn't get any points for the Cade Olivas reference?  (although I assume that was given to him over a break)