Jump to content
grappler6

Willie Trials

Recommended Posts

Just now, uncle bernard said:

Lost it when CP hit em with the ol' "what does diminished mean?"  Not sneaking anything by him.

It happens a LOT, honestly.  People get nervous when being questioned and they start asking you for the definition of simple words, because they think you're trying to trap them.  Usually a symptom of poor preparation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just based on what we're seeing here, it appears CP got caught in the crossfire of Willie not enjoying the shift towards corporatization and his bosses.  He wanted to be able to maintain his personal relationship with Willie while obviously keeping his (I presume) lucrative gig at Flo going up.  Kind of tough all around, but on a human level I feel for both Willie and CP as they seem like two regular guys who were friends and now definitively are not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Allow me to give you a definitive ranking of the lawyers thusfar in my short viewing (from a fellow attorney):

1.  Dickie

2.  Burgess

3.  Soltero

These are 2020 rankings.

I think I'd demand to see your google sheet as to how you put Burgess ahead of Soltero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, OBXWrestler said:

Anyone else feel this whole case is about the younger Flo brother getting at Martin and Willie and CP got caught up in the middle of it? 

 See this 

On 11/11/2020 at 8:45 AM, BobDole said:

They are afraid of Rokfin. They can't sue Rokfin if Willie isn't involved.

That is why they aren't going after Lobdell who now has a patreon site which is similar to Rokfin's. Nor are they going after former FloTrack employees that have content on other providers.

 

 

5 minutes ago, jchapman said:

What was said?

Your post about Kerkvliet leaving due to Tom Ryan finding out he was vaccinated was shown as evidence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I think I'd demand to see your google sheet as to how you put Burgess ahead of Soltero

Soltero is bad.  His questioning in this crossexamination (the only thing I've viewed) is disjointed and he's been unprepared, asked poor predicate questions.  It's not particularly close, in my mind.  He's the most....emotional, which can play well, I guess.

EDIT:  This is not an endorsement of Burgess.

Edited by VakAttack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, VakAttack said:

Soltero is bad.  His questioning in this crossexamination (the only thing I've viewed) is disjointed and he's been unprepared, asked poor predicate questions.  It's not particularly close, in my mind.  He's the most....emotional, which can play well, I guess.

You have missed the numerous admonishments the judge has given Karen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, VakAttack said:

Soltero is bad.  His questioning in this crossexamination (the only thing I've viewed) is disjointed and he's been unprepared, asked poor predicate questions.  It's not particularly close, in my mind.  He's the most....emotional, which can play well, I guess.

One particular exchange that stood out to me as a non-lawyer was his fumbling of the "was OSU down?" line of questioning that allowed to CP to not have to admit the obvious answer of yes. A cursory level of prep would have him know that they were down because two stars left the program, not because they weren't having a good season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BobDole said:

You have missed the numerous admonishments the judge has given Karen.

All I've seen is Burgess in her direct, which was fine (but doesn't take much skill, honestly) and her objections of cross which have been hit or miss.  I edited my post to clarify this was not an endorsement of Burgess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

All I've seen is Burgess in her direct, which was fine (but doesn't take much skill, honestly) and her objections of cross which have been hit or miss.  I edited my post to clarify this was not an endorsement of Burgess.

There have been many objections to her questions that were sustained. The judge has seemed fed up with her on an hourly basis when she is questioning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

Lost it when CP hit em with the ol' "what does diminished mean?"  Not sneaking anything by him.

The funniest part was when CP clearly got flustered and frustrated and said, "If you can get the name right, I can answer". A little salty. The lawyer's response of "if you want to play that game" was pretty good too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BobDole said:

Your post about Kerkvliet leaving due to Tom Ryan finding out he was vaccinated was shown as evidence.

Missed that part.  Evidence of what exactly?  That tOSU was "down"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

One particular exchange that stood out to me as a non-lawyer was his fumbling of the "was OSU down?" line of questioning that allowed to CP to not have to admit the obvious answer of yes. A cursory level of prep would have him know that they were down because two stars left the program, not because they weren't having a good season.

He doesn't get any points for the Cade Olivas reference?  (although I assume that was given to him over a break)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...