grappler6

Willie Trials

wow - i think your right vakattack. Martin is standing in front of a camera shooting ramos and says "i'm not filming." i'm just talking.

really crazy these guys can have their personal text messages delivered to court over a civil case. Didn't know that.

Cael is so cringe. double texting. What a loser lol

willie to martin "we are gonna make rokfin what flo was. we are gonna crush ." hahaha

24 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

The argument that Rokfin is not a competitor to Flowrestling is, at best, misguided.

In the internet space almost everyone is a competitor. They both want subscribers, but have different business models.

34 minutes ago, jammen said:

When witnesses equivocate they all look bad.

Q: What's your name?

A: define name.

It depends.  When I see CP and WIllie doing it, I equate it with inexperience and fear of saying the wrong thing.  Martin comes off like he's trying to get one over.  I admit this is colored by my perception of the parties, but also....I have experience in this sort of thing, lol.

1 hour ago, VakAttack said:

The argument that Rokfin is not a competitor to Flowrestling is, at best, misguided.

I would say they weren't competitors until they started doing events (edit: I mean, having content creators stream their own events on Rokfin).   And Martin's non-compete had expired by then.

Edited by 1032004

1 minute ago, 1032004 said:

I would say they weren't competitors until they started doing events.   And Martin's non-compete had expired by then.

Technically Rokfin doesn't do the live events, it is the content creators. That includes their "free thinking media" group of creators. 

1 minute ago, BobDole said:

Technically Rokfin doesn't do the live events, it is the content creators. That includes their "free thinking media" group of creators. 

Yup, you beat my edit :-)

Edit to this one: But I would still say that makes them competitors

Edited by 1032004

12 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

When did it expire?

I believe it was1 year after he left in Feb 2018.   I guess I'd have to confirm exactly when some of the other HS channels started doing events

Edit:  And I'm sure you know this but they're not accusing Martin of breaking his own non-compete, just of "tortious interferences" in regards to Willie's.   

Edited by 1032004

2 minutes ago, BobDole said:

4 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I would say they weren't competitors until they started doing events (edit: I mean, having content creators stream their own events on Rokfin).   And Martin's non-compete had expired by then.

Obviously this is the crux of the issue.  Martin is trying to use it as a shield, and it's actually a super interesting issue.  Essentially they're framing the content creators as sort of "independent contractors".  But it's odd because they're taking a slice off the creator's stuff, plus they paid Willie a salary.

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

Obviously this is the crux of the issue.  Martin is trying to use it as a shield, and it's actually a super interesting issue.  Essentially they're framing the content creators as sort of "independent contractors".  But it's odd because they're taking a slice off the creator's stuff, plus they paid Willie a salary.

Yeah, plus when Rokfin itself is promoting things such as the NLWC event, I think it's hard to argue that they have nothing to do with it.

I'd probably clarify though that by "events," I mean matches.   I think Flo is trying to lump in things like interviews and podcasts, which I would say fails when you bring up that Ben Askren is on both sites.

43 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

It is quite a tangled web that is being woven here.

Martin is essentially trying to very narrowly define competition, but in the end it's obviously disingenuous based on similar distribution models, when they're competing for the same products. Not claiming that it's a dispositive issue.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, VakAttack said:

Martin is essentially trying to very narrowly define competition, but in the end it's obviously disingenuous based on similar distribution models, when they're competing for the same products. Not claiming that it's a dispositive issue.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Which is also odd because I believe he confirmed that when he was at Flo he did consider Facebook to be a competitor 

On 11/12/2020 at 2:12 PM, VakAttack said:

The interesting thing about this trial is that, as a bench trial, the testimony would typically favor Flo and CP over Willie and Martin.  Willie and Martin's overt emotions would play better with juries.  I would probably have tried to wait for a jury trial if I was Willie/Rokfin.

Could be wrong, but IIRC, during the prior hearings in August or whatever it was, I believe Willie wanted a bench trial as long as it was with Judge Livingston