grappler6

Willie Trials

I guess Willie will never change, LOL

after this inevitably gets deleted, Willie wrote: 

"Says the guy petrified to lose access to J Jaggers b/c I asked what was on everyone's mind. Keep digging that hole. I be honest. Flo be slaves to front runners."

in response to CP saying:

"It’s not hard for me to spot the programs that won’t jump levels. They’re obsessed with complaining, excuses, coveting propaganda/media spin and other things that don’t matter."

16 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Flo's witness today is the best testimony so far.  Martin's attorney is pretty good, too.

Best for who?  I missed Karen's questions for him but I feel like Brutocao's question of "would you describe the 'sports video industry' as anything that FloSports does?" and his answer of "no" probably puts a hole in Flo's argument

...and Flo is apparently paying him more than Karen per hour

1 minute ago, 1032004 said:

Best for who?  I missed Karen's questions for him but I feel like Brutocao's question of "would you describe the 'sports video industry' as anything that FloSports does?" and his answer of "no" probably puts a hole in Flo's argument

...and Flo is apparently paying him more than Karen per hour

I think that's more a case of you hearing what you want to hear on that one.

3 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

I think that's more a case of you hearing what you want to hear on that one.

Well what was the summary of his initial testimony?  That Rokfin and Flo are competitors?    I already said I agreed with that but it's because of the live events, which seemed to be the gist of what Brutocao was getting at (I didn't see all of that either)

1 minute ago, Billyhoyle said:

It's clear that Judge Livingston sees this case as ridiculous.  Flo has zero chance, but winning isn't the point of this lawsuit.  

judge makes a great point - why wasn't there a srawpoll from wrestling fans on weather they are competitors or not.  I think flo would probably win that poll

2 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Got my answer.  No decision on liability and damages yet, but the judge lifted the injunction and declined Flo's request to extend the non-compete which has now expired. 

if the non-compete expired what did the injunction cover? terms like "crystal ball" and "big board"?

1 hour ago, ugarte said:

if the non-compete expired what did the injunction cover? terms like "crystal ball" and "big board"?

The injunction covered the same thing as the non-compete. The non-compete expired during the trial. Willie was found to be in violation a while back. Flo wanted to sue for damages and to extend the non-compete to cover the time from when Willie was in violation. The judge strongly encouraged them to negotiate a settlement,  but Flo wanted to go to court. The judge seemed annoyed by this.

1 minute ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

The injunction covered the same thing as the non-compete. The non-compete expired during the trial. Willie was found to be in violation a while back. Flo wanted to sue for damages and to extend the non-compete to cover the time from when Willie was in violation. The judge strongly encouraged them to negotiate a settlement,  but Flo wanted to go to court. The judge seemed annoyed by this.

Do we know that it was Flo (or just Flo) that wanted to go to trial instead of negotiate?  I love Willie, but part of his whole persona is not backing down.

1 minute ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I am not 100% sure on that. But in the bits I watched the judge was clearly annoyed with Flo.

I agree in the parts of the trial I watched, the judge was clearly signaling where she stood on at least parts of it.  Not uncommon, judges often will signal even though they're not supposed to, it kind of acts to "grease the skids of justice" by encouraging the party on the losing side of that argument to settle.  Sounds like there's still the issue of damages and/or liability to come up.  I hope Willie isn't found liable for any damages, but I don't care if Rofkin has to pay money.  Corporations paying each other money doesn't bother me at all, lol.

3 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

I agree in the parts of the trial I watched, the judge was clearly signaling where she stood on at least parts of it.  Not uncommon, judges often will signal even though they're not supposed to, it kind of acts to "grease the skids of justice" by encouraging the party on the losing side of that argument to settle.  Sounds like there's still the issue of damages and/or liability to come up.  I hope Willie isn't found liable for any damages, but I don't care if Rofkin has to pay money.  Corporations paying each other money doesn't bother me at all, lol.

The consensus on BWI seems to be that there will be small damages and no lawyer's fees. Kind of a "everybody gives blood" situation. 

Just now, Wrestleknownothing said:

The consensus on BWI seems to be that there will be small damages and no lawyer's fees. Kind of a "everybody gives blood" situation. 

Could be a nominal damages situation.  Honestly, I didn't watch much.  Civil litigation is, to me, much more boring than criminal litigation (though infinitely more lucrative).  My opinions are inherently limited by the amount of the trial I watched.