Sign in to follow this  
moveurfeet32

Ivy League just cancels all Winter Sports

18 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

I would do the same thing. I don't run like you do, but I hike and climb. I come across people infrequently and I do not wear a mask when I am on a remote trailhead. If I do come across someone, inevitably its a younger person who is also not mask wearing. We might get within 6 feet of each other for mere seconds. I am not worried and I doubt they are either. 

I'm in Seattle and watched someone fall about 4 feet off a narrow hiking trail while trying to avoid being near someone over the weekend. Funny part was, they both had masks on. Like watching a set of magnets. Agree there's a value to precaution, but we've crossed the line into the ridiculous in many cases.

1 hour ago, AHamilton said:

I think threats are an interesting thing.  I feel that I am pretty courteous regarding mask wearing.  I also live in a community where I can be fined $300 for not wearing a mask outside at all times.  I will admit to not always abiding by this mandate.

For instance, I run marathons.  I had a 13.1 mile run planned for last Saturday.  I am required to wear a mask during this entire run, or I can be fined.  I chose to risk the fine.  I passed within 50 ft of another human a grand total of twice during the run.  When this was the case, I moved to the other side of the street the first time and moved probably 15 ft away from the oncoming (and unmasked) individual.  I am following the science, getting exercise, getting sun and vitamin D.  Do I really need to wear a mask for almost two hours when I barely saw another human and never came within 10 feet?  Absurd dictate.

Do you think it is okay to go, say, 100mph on a highway if there are no other cars nearby?  What other laws do you violate when it suits you?  Isn't there a saying that goes something like "judge a man's character by what he does when nobody is watching?"

Why not wear the mask?  I mean, if Galen Rupp can qualify for the Olympic team in the 10,000m wearing one, you could probably get by, too.

9735764-large.jpg

51 minutes ago, moveurfeet32 said:

If any Ivy League wrestlers want to transfer they can go anywhere they want except for the Cornell guys they might not be able to get accepted to a B1G or ACC school or Drexel!

Didn't realize that those non-Ivy schools had maximum academic standards.  Hope that doesn't hurt my daughter's application to Wisconsin or Michigan or Rutgers this year (although Cornell is her early decision choice).

10 minutes ago, klehner said:

Do you think it is okay to go, say, 100mph on a highway if there are no other cars nearby?  What other laws do you violate when it suits you?  Isn't there a saying that goes something like "judge a man's character by what he does when nobody is watching?"

Why not wear the mask?  I mean, if Galen Rupp can qualify for the Olympic team in the 10,000m wearing one, you could probably get by, too.

9735764-large.jpg

Galen Rupp was near other runners, all wearing masks, all close to each other.

My point is I was nowhere near anyone! For two hours!!!

If I was near anyone, I would have worn one.  I had one around my neck just in case!

Do you think all laws are just? Do you follow all laws unconditionally? Do you understand that I ran more than twice as far as Galen Rupp? I ran on a trail with virtually zero human contact.  Do you have below average reading comprehension skills? Are you just a troll?

Edited by AHamilton

19 minutes ago, klehner said:

9735764-large.jpg

Seriously.  Just give me my $300.00 ticket.  If I can't trail run, away from humans, without being fined for being maskless... just fine me.

Are you one of the virtue signalers who drives solo wearing a mask?  Don't you follow the science? 

Edited by AHamilton

19 minutes ago, Janderson133 said:

I'm in Seattle and watched someone fall about 4 feet off a narrow hiking trail while trying to avoid being near someone over the weekend. Funny part was, they both had masks on. Like watching a set of magnets. Agree there's a value to precaution, but we've crossed the line into the ridiculous in many cases.

I had that same thing happen to me. Someone was mask wearing in a very remote area and they went to an extreme length to avoid getting close to me. They fell off a boulder. Fortunately they didn't hurt themselves. 

22 minutes ago, klehner said:

9735764-large.jpg

Hey Troll:

https://www.runnersworld.com/news/a31057445/galen-rupp-olympic-marathon-trials-results-2020/

image.jpeg.86f202154abdf7844178cf3a273a6909.jpeg

Edited by AHamilton

8 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

Seriously.  Just give me my $300.00 ticket.  If I can't trail run, away from humans, without being fined for being maskless... just fine me.

Are you one of the virtue signalers who drives solo wearing a mask?  Don't you follow the science? 

Keep on runnin man. Do your thing. If they want to put a ticket writer on that trailhead (which will never happen) then so be it. As for me,  I can go places dangerous enough that ticket writer won't go. 

Edited by TBar1977

3 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

I had that same thing happen to me. Someone was mask wearing in a very remote area and they went to an extreme length to avoid getting close to me. They fell off a boulder. Fortunately they didn't hurt themselves. 

Might not have had anything to do with covid!

1 minute ago, AHamilton said:

Longer race, more aerosols being spread.

Also more recent than the 2011 masked photo the Troll Klehner used. lol

February was before we started wearing masks at all. And I think Klehner was simply saying you can run effectively with one, not that he did that during the pandemic. Rupp wears a mask for asthma- I think you can see some holes in it.

This was my favorite response to the oxygen issue with masks.

https://gomerblog.com/2020/07/thousands-of-surgeons-dying-daily-of-wearing-masks/

19 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

February was before we started wearing masks at all. And I think Klehner was simply saying you can run effectively with one, not that he did that during the pandemic. Rupp wears a mask for asthma- I think you can see some holes in it.

This was my favorite response to the oxygen issue with masks.

https://gomerblog.com/2020/07/thousands-of-surgeons-dying-daily-of-wearing-masks/

I'm sure Klehner thanks you for your support.  

Why didn't Rupp wear won in 2020 if they are so helpful?

it is with a heavy heart that i report that despite my support for all sorts of mask mandates and business shutdowns, i do not think you need to be masked all the time when outdoors, particularly when trail running (which you will never catch me doing)

12 hours ago, AHamilton said:

Galen Rupp was near other runners, all wearing masks, all close to each other.

My point is I was nowhere near anyone! For two hours!!!

If I was near anyone, I would have worn one.  I had one around my neck just in case!

Do you think all laws are just? Do you follow all laws unconditionally? Do you understand that I ran more than twice as far as Galen Rupp? I ran on a trail with virtually zero human contact.  Do you have below average reading comprehension skills? Are you just a troll?

And *my* point was that if Rupp can run 4:20 miles with a mask (because of his allergies/"asthma", not because of a pandemic), you can do your training run with one, too.

I see that you, with your superior reading comprehension skills, didn't note that the questions I posed were directed at you.  What I do or do not do is irrelevant, because I'm not the one declaring that I will violate rules because they don't suit me, or I think they are irrelevant in a given situation.

1 hour ago, klehner said:

And *my* point was that if Rupp can run 4:20 miles with a mask (because of his allergies/"asthma", not because of a pandemic), you can do your training run with one, too.

I see that you, with your superior reading comprehension skills, didn't note that the questions I posed were directed at you.  What I do or do not do is irrelevant, because I'm not the one declaring that I will violate rules because they don't suit me, or I think they are irrelevant in a given situation.

If they can make AHamilton wear a mask because of Covid 19 then they'll someday force him to wear a mask due to the Flu. Then it will be the common cold. It will never end. Then everyone will realize this was never about Covid in the first place, it was about control and power. 

If this were truly about Covid and the political left was truly concerned and righteous in their belief of these rules and regulations they put in place, then the leadership wouldn't break every rule they set for us little people and do so in plain sight of us all. Your liberty is being eroded every day this crap goes on. Wake up. 

1 minute ago, TBar1977 said:

If they can make AHamilton wear a mask because of Covid 19 then they'll someday force him to wear a mask due to the Flu. Then it will be the common cold. It will never end. Then everyone will realize this was never about Covid in the first place, it was about control and power. 

If this were truly about Covid and the political left was truly concerned and righteous in their belief of these rules and regulations they put in place, then the leadership wouldn't break every rule they set for us little people and do so in plain sight of us all. Your liberty is being eroded every day this crap goes on. Wake up. 

The first part is paranoid weirdness. What do seat belts really restrain? MY FREEDOM, MAN!!!

The second part, about the hypocrisy of the elites, is more on point except that you draw the wrong conclusion from it. Yes, the elites flaunting the rules that they hand down to the rabble is intensely annoying. But that doesn't mean that they don't think the rules are pointless or that there's a sECreT AgENdA at work, it's that they don't care because they are ultimately selfish and consider themselves untouchable. What you are mad at, then, is a mirror.

1 hour ago, klehner said:

You are absolutely correct.  

Edited by AHamilton

58 minutes ago, ugarte said:

The first part is paranoid weirdness. What do seat belts really restrain? MY FREEDOM, MAN!!!

The second part, about the hypocrisy of the elites, is more on point except that you draw the wrong conclusion from it. Yes, the elites flaunting the rules that they hand down to the rabble is intensely annoying. But that doesn't mean that they don't think the rules are pointless or that there's a sECreT AgENdA at work, it's that they don't care becaus they are ultimately selfish and consider themselves untouchable. What you are mad at, then, is a mirror.

Seat belts are a total red herring to me. That argument is weak sauce. 

The elites lie, worse though is that rubes let them get away it and allow them the impression their lying can go on without repercussion. What AHamilton is doing is taking all of the information he has into account and making good decisions based on that information. What you are willing to accept is any rule put forth, any rule whatsoever regardless of how far it goes, without question. You are sacrificing your own wisdom for fiat. 

When a supreme court justice feels compelled to make a rare public statement about this very issue, a statement of concern at the willingness of Americans to lay down their freedoms and liberties at the alter of a few political elites who refuse to pass actual laws and instead wave their hands at the citizens in what amounts to a modern day "Let Them Eat Cake" moment, you can then know this has gone too far. 

At some point they are eventually going to make even YOU feel they have gone too far. That day will come because it always comes when its really about power and control. And when they want to mask you, or control your religious rights, or shut you up and take away your first amendment rights, then even you will want to come over to our side of this argument. At least by then I would hope you'd get it, but perhaps not. 

Edited by TBar1977

6 minutes ago, ugarte said:

Alito is insane and unprincipled. You should know that.

That type of talk is typical leftist dismissiveness. 

Your comment here is precisely what Elise Slotkin(D) Michigan was speaking about this past week when she offered that Democrats "talk down at people" instead of "talking to people". 

Edited by TBar1977