Sign in to follow this  
GranbyTroll

UWW Juniors / U23 Nationals

27 minutes ago, Gantry said:

Interesting thanks, don't you have to be an American citizen to wrestle an event like this since you'd be representing the US at worlds?

27 minutes ago, Gantry said:

Interesting thanks, don't you have to be an American citizen to wrestle an event like this since you'd be representing the US at worlds?

There is no worlds this year, so no.  Same thing happened about 7-8 years ago when Nazar Kulchytskyy won it over Dieringer.  Nazar is a citizen now, though.  If there was a worlds, there'd be a separate WTT for the age level groups.

Andonian (T) Alvarez  (Rutgers) is a war.  11-9 in first.  Andonian was up big.  But Alvarez wins out on an upper body toss.  Great back and forth.  But Alvarez on a roll now.  Alvarez gets a lace.  winning 13-13 on criteria now.  1:14 to go.  2 for Andonian on a counter!!  15-13 win for Andonian.  Great match.

Challenge won by Alvarez ... converts to 15-15 score but Andonian still wins on criteria.

Edited by nom

Other notables I see taking a quick look at U23 FS brackets

57:Glory lost to Paul Bianchi of Little Rock 13-2 for 3rd

61: DeSanto lost to Colaiocco (who got 2nd) and then Ian Parker for 3rd, and Josh Kramer beat Philippi 8-7 for 5th

65: Mauller 8-1 over Demas for 1st, Murin 10-0 over Kizhan Clarke for 3rd; Mauller beat Murin 3-1 in semis

70:  Lewan 5-4 over Kaleb Young for 1st

79: McFadden 12-5 over Brands for 1st

86:  Lujan 10-0 over Lyon for 1st;  Lyon best Caffey 8-7 in semis 

92: Woodley 6-4 over Warner for 1st, Woodley beat Aiello 7-3 in semis and Warner beat Bonaccorsi 9-3

97: Tanner Sloan 10-9 over Noah Adams for 1st

125:  Hemida 8-7 over Cassiopi for 1st; Cassiopi beat Jordan Wood 2-0 in semis 

8 hours ago, AnklePicker said:

Have to say Ferrari was impressive as well. Elam has been wrestling very well as of late and that match wasn’t real close. He dominated it. 

I thought the same thing. Elam looked much smaller to me. I think he’ll be 184 in folk. Is Ferrari a 197? Nonetheless, Ferrari was impressive.