Sign in to follow this  
SuperSaiyanGoku

7th and 8th grade

I think many states allow 7th-8th even younger if they are in the same building as 9-12. I believe NY might be unique in allowing 8th graders even if they are in a different building. About a decade ago a young lady in Kentucky won her 8th state cross country championship.

----

I think, that unlike say 1955 thru 1975 almost all 9th graders are in the same building as 10th graders, and in the same building as 11th and 12th graders except giant HSs. 9th graders, in most sports, should be up with the JV and Varsity. In Wrestling I would allow 9th graders with Jr Hi, only if they certify under 90 pounds. (But I would recommend JV weights below the lowest varsity weight, say 93+99 JV 106-113-... Both JV and Varsity   

On 11/15/2020 at 11:46 AM, Plasmodium said:

I think Fox Baldwin won FL as a sixth grader.  SD, NM also allow middle schoolers. 

I think it is absurd.

Fox started wrestling varsity as a 6th grader.He won his first state title as a 8th grader and was a 5 time champ