7 hours ago, jchapman said:

Kinda like trying to have National Duals without PSU and Iowa.

Sad but true. Any chance either of them still decide to join the event? I thought maybe they would consider it since it isn’t directly related to NCAA wrestling 

11 minutes ago, DanGerMan said:

Wonder if we'll see guys like Dake and Cox participate. Lotta cash at stake for their RTC.

Dake was on their poster.

I think they'll take what is the Olympic weight and add a bit.

Like 74kg will actually be 170lbs, 86kg will be 195lbs, 65kg will be 150lbs, etc.

That will allow gents like Dake (170) and Pantaleo (150) to participate for their respective clubs.

2 hours ago, Eagle26 said:

Sad but true. Any chance either of them still decide to join the event? I thought maybe they would consider it since it isn’t directly related to NCAA wrestling 

To be fair no one would come close to NLWC most likely (and I’m not a PSU fan), so I kinda don’t mind them not being in it.

I’m not sure HWC would win this though.   Off the top of my head I’d think Cornell or whatever they’re calling their RTC these days would be the favorite if Dake wrestles, plus Yianni/Vito/Dean/etc

11 hours ago, 1032004 said:

To be fair no one would come close to NLWC most likely (and I’m not a PSU fan), so I kinda don’t mind them not being in it.

I’m not sure HWC would win this though.   Off the top of my head I’d think Cornell or whatever they’re calling their RTC these days would be the favorite if Dake wrestles, plus Yianni/Vito/Dean/etc

Spartan Combat RTC is the latest incarnation of the FLWC.  No currently enrolled Cornell student can participate, but pretty much their entire lineup is sitting out the academic year.

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

So are enrolled students from all schools not allowed to participate?

Cornell students are required to sign (and adhere to) a "Behavioral Compact" which, I believe, has restrictions on travel and large gatherings.  Rob Koll said that none of the Cornell-associated wrestlers this past weekend were currently enrolled.

I can't speak for any other school's policies on such activities.  Any restrictions *by the host* would be due to state/local guidelines.

39 minutes ago, klehner said:

Cornell students are required to sign (and adhere to) a "Behavioral Compact" which, I believe, has restrictions on travel and large gatherings.  Rob Koll said that none of the Cornell-associated wrestlers this past weekend were currently enrolled.

I can't speak for any other school's policies on such activities.  Any restrictions *by the host* would be due to state/local guidelines.

Ah so it’s a covid thing, thanks.  Wasn’t sure if it was an RTC vs college thing.

22 hours ago, 1032004 said:

CKWC would alao give them a run.  The only guarantee HWC would have is 57 and that is IF Lee participates.

65) If there is an allowance and Pantaleo is manning this spot at 150lbs-ish or higher, I'm favoring him over anyone HWC puts out.  Storr in and it becomes a toss-up with whoever they out out.

74) I am favoring this version of Massa over either Kem or Lunchbox at 74.

86) Taking Amine or Abounader over whomever they throw out.

97) Beazley-Warner would be good, although I wouldn't be surprised to see Abounader or Amine manning this spot too.  I favor Amine or Abounader over Warner. 

125) Parris or Coon or Hemida(haha) over Cassettesman.

Also... any actual details to how this goes?

Here is what I'd like to see.

Every team submits a roster of up to 12-15 wrestlers.

8 matches.

Coinflip for choice to see who sends out first.

Then the other team can send out whomever they wish to wrestle, at the first wrestlers weight class.  Meaning they could bump from weight class below for a specific matchup.

Dake could conceivably bump to 86 to wrestle Amine or Abounader if that is the call.  Or if Amine to wrestle Cox(omfg I would $HlT myself...).

Then 2nd match the other team sends out wrestler first.  I don't want to see where the winning team sends first each time.

Edited by nhs67

1 hour ago, mbowlsby said:

Max of 10 per team. They can wrestle those guys anywhere they can make the weight. 

Is this confirmed or?

Wouldn't be very fair for one squad to bring 5 86kg guys when another brings 4 65kg guys.

3 hours ago, nhs67 said:

CKWC would alao give them a run.  The only guarantee HWC would have is 57 and that is IF Lee participates.

65) If there is an allowance and Pantaleo is manning this spot at 150lbs-ish or higher, I'm favoring him over anyone HWC puts out.  Storr in and it becomes a toss-up with whoever they out out.

74) I am favoring this version of Massa over either Kem or Lunchbox at 74.

86) Taking Amine or Abounader over whomever they throw out.

97) Beazley-Warner would be good, although I wouldn't be surprised to see Abounader or Amine manning this spot too.  I favor Amine or Abounader over Warner. 

125) Parris or Coon or Hemida(haha) over Cassettesman.

Don't forget Deringer, put him at 86 and Amine against Warner.  I wouldn't favor Abounader over Warner and I definitely wouldn't say Storr and Lugo are a toss up, but those are nitpicky.  Fun matchup/ discussion on paper. 

And even though I would probably pick Lee if you put a gun to my head there's no way he's a guarantee over a proven senior level guy in Micic - especially if he's getting 2 kilos or whatever. 

1 hour ago, Gantry said:

Don't forget Deringer, put him at 86 and Amine against Warner.  I wouldn't favor Abounader over Warner and I definitely wouldn't say Storr and Lugo are a toss up, but those are nitpicky.  Fun matchup/ discussion on paper. 

And even though I would probably pick Lee if you put a gun to my head there's no way he's a guarantee over a proven senior level guy in Micic - especially if he's getting 2 kilos or whatever. 

Ringer tore his ACL a month-ish ago and went under the knife.

12 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Also... any actual details to how this goes?

Here is what I'd like to see.

Every team submits a roster of up to 12-15 wrestlers.

8 matches.

Coinflip for choice to see who sends out first.

Then the other team can send out whomever they wish to wrestle, at the first wrestlers weight class.  Meaning they could bump from weight class below for a specific matchup.

Dake could conceivably bump to 86 to wrestle Amine or Abounader if that is the call.  Or if Amine to wrestle Cox(omfg I would $HlT myself...).

Then 2nd match the other team sends out wrestler first.  I don't want to see where the winning team sends first each time.

Realistically they will want to be able to promote certain matchups. It drives way more viewership. 

I like your idea as a more “hardcore” fan, but you and I would be watching this either way. They aren’t trying to capture our interest

8 hours ago, Gantry said:

Love it. I’d favor Amine over Warner, even with the significant size difference.