nhs67

RTC Cup

I really hope we get to see Parris go up against Gwiz and Steveson (although I think Coon gets the matchup nod vs. Gwiz and Nelson for GWC). I’m curious to see how Parris’ progression is coming along. I wouldn’t be surprised by anything from a mauling to pulling off an upset, but I think at this point he is taking the leap and am excited to find out.

1 hour ago, bnwtwg said:

I really hope we get to see Parris go up against Gwiz and Steveson (although I think Coon gets the matchup nod vs. Gwiz and Nelson for GWC). I’m curious to see how Parris’ progression is coming along. I wouldn’t be surprised by anything from a mauling to pulling off an upset, but I think at this point he is taking the leap and am excited to find out.

Yianni vs Echemendia would probably be a real fun match.

Looking at the HWT rosters, of course would love to see Gable vs Parris, or will they throw in Coon, Nelson, or Hemida?

10 hours ago, 2td3nf said:

Yianni vs Echemendia would probably be a real fun match.

Looking at the HWT rosters, of course would love to see Gable vs Parris, or will they throw in Coon, Nelson, or Hemida?

I feel like Yianni is a terrible matchup for Echemedia. 

3 hours ago, lu1979 said:

Let me clarify for GS - he will be happy to wrestle anyone they put in front of him - there is only one match he WANTS.

Not doubting you. You're probably on the inside way more than me. But Gable did say he only wants one match and he doesn't want to wrestle no one else.  https://www.flowrestling.org/video/6829604-gable-steveson-is-coming-to-the-2020-rtc-cup-for-one-match-and-one-match-only

Gable looked fantastic when he beat Parris in folkstyle. Really want to see the 2 young studs go at it in freestyle and see where they are on the freestyle ladder. And all due respect to Nelson and Coon but I want to see both Gable and Parris wrestle Gwiz as well.

I just read the preview on Flo.  This thing looks incredible.  I’m nervous some A players dip from match to match.  But if even 2/3 of the big matches happen, this is going to be spectacular.

Am going to take time off from work to watch this live starting Friday afternoon.  

Again - kudos to all for making this happen.  

13 hours ago, 2td3nf said:

Not doubting you. You're probably on the inside way more than me. But Gable did say he only wants one match and he doesn't want to wrestle no one else.  https://www.flowrestling.org/video/6829604-gable-steveson-is-coming-to-the-2020-rtc-cup-for-one-match-and-one-match-only

Gable looked fantastic when he beat Parris in folkstyle. Really want to see the 2 young studs go at it in freestyle and see where they are on the freestyle ladder. And all due respect to Nelson and Coon but I want to see both Gable and Parris wrestle Gwiz as well.

I am not on the inside at all and I was very tongue in cheek saying I was clarifying for GS. That's how I took his comment about "Gwiz is the only match I want".  I don't think GS wants to duck anyone but the Gopher RTC does have another very good heavyweight besides Gable.  I think that was Gable's way of calling dibs on the Gwiz match and I don't think he would have a problem wrestling anyone else in the field.   

3 hours ago, lu1979 said:

I am not on the inside at all and I was very tongue in cheek saying I was clarifying for GS. That's how I took his comment about "Gwiz is the only match I want".  I don't think GS wants to duck anyone but the Gopher RTC does have another very good heavyweight besides Gable.  I think that was Gable's way of calling dibs on the Gwiz match and I don't think he would have a problem wrestling anyone else in the field.   

Yeah, I figure the athletes and their coaches will decide who wrestles who. But c'mon Gwiz, Coon and Nelson (and Gable) have already wrestled each other several times.

Let's see Gable vs Gwiz, Mason vs Gwiz and Gable vs Mason. Let Coon and Nelson have the other matches. Just one fan's opinion.

28 minutes ago, 2td3nf said:

Yeah, I figure the athletes and their coaches will decide who wrestles who. But c'mon Gwiz, Coon and Nelson (and Gable) have already wrestled each other several times.

Let's see Gable vs Gwiz, Mason vs Gwiz and Gable vs Mason. Let Coon and Nelson have the other matches. Just one fan's opinion.

So wrestle Parris and Gable, arguably the two better options, only on Day 1?  Let the arguably lesser versions wrestle Day 2, the money days?

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

So wrestle Parris and Gable, arguably the two better options, only on Day 1?  Let the arguably lesser versions wrestle Day 2, the money days?

Fair enough.  I didn’t even look at the schedule when I posted. Now I’m getting the feeling we’re not going to see Gable vs Parris.

43 minutes ago, 2td3nf said:

Fair enough.  I didn’t even look at the schedule when I posted. Now I’m getting the feeling we’re not going to see Gable vs Parris.

I'd be okay with Coon-Steveson.  I bet Coon does a lot better than last time.  He seemed disinterested entirely last time.

That said, if the dual is 4-1, which I think it will be, I wouldn't be surprised to see Hemida out there to keep Coon and Parris both as fresh as possible for Day 2.

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

I'd be okay with Coon-Steveson.  I bet Coon does a lot better than last time.  He seemed disinterested entirely last time.

That said, if the dual is 4-1, which I think it will be, I wouldn't be surprised to see Hemida out there to keep Coon and Parris both as fresh as possible for Day 2.

Iirc, Gable and Coon faced each other at 2018 and 2019 WTT’s?  Adam beat him in 2018 and then Gable returned the favor in 2019.  In 2018, Adam went on to win a Greco world silver. Crazy! I’m going to beat this horse one more time. I just feel like this is a golden opportunity to see Gable and Mason go at it in freestyle.  If not, we’ll have to wait months most likely, if ever.

Every other weight seems straightforward.

57-CK favored with either 

65-CK favored with either

74-Massa slight favorite-Wick huge favorite over Amine

86-Amine decent favorite, Bounaderlost to Pfarr 2 years ago, I imagine even now at worst

I see Michigan putting their best they can out here so they can be up 4-0 and have options against Wolfpack.

97-Zillmer slight favorite.

125-Crapshoot.  If is 3-2 they will send Gable and then we'll see either Coon or Parris. Gable wins either, who loses less badly? If CK us up 4-1 send Hemida.  Don't chance an injury in your bigs