Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I only caught part of this on FRL this morning and could not tell if they only had 5 of the 8 slots filled or if I only heard 5 of the 8, but the 5 I heard sound pretty dang good (to be Pyle-esque).

  1. Bajrang Punia
  2. Jordan Oliver
  3. James Green
  4. Bryce Meredith
  5. Anthony Ashnault

Anyone know the other three?

Also, the purse grows to $60k+

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Bajrang is getting $15k just to show.

Bajrang is not getting paid $15k to show. Only difference in the agreements is a travel stipend that represents the difference between a US flight to Austin and a flight from India. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mbowlsby said:

Bajrang is not getting paid $15k to show. Only difference in the agreements is a travel stipend that represents the difference between a US flight to Austin and a flight from India. 

Holy cow! A flight from India to Austin costs $15,000?!!! That’s insane!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, mbowlsby said:

Bajrang is not getting paid $15k to show. Only difference in the agreements is a travel stipend that represents the difference between a US flight to Austin and a flight from India. 

You're really going to make me deep dive The Wrestling Room aren't you?  Pretty compelling screenshot of his contract that says otherwise there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nhs67 said:

You're really going to make me deep dive The Wrestling Room aren't you?  Pretty compelling screenshot of his contract that says otherwise there.

Not sure what to tell you. Every other athlete has seen Bajrang's signed agreement to confirm that it matches theirs (outside of the $750 stipend). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

You're really going to make me deep dive The Wrestling Room aren't you?  Pretty compelling screenshot of his contract that says otherwise there.

Please do, I’m banned from there, on four different accounts, and I just don’t want to put forth the effort tbh. I’ll shoot you $5, or donate $10 to charity of your choice, for a pic of the contract.

Edited by HokieHWT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, IronChef said:

When was the last time Green or Ashnault was this low? 2019 NCAA finals for Ashnault I think. Has Green been below 70kg since the 2016 trials?

Ashnault probably walks around within 2-3 lbs of 150 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mbowlsby said:

Not sure what to tell you. Every other athlete has seen Bajrang's signed agreement to confirm that it matches theirs (outside of the $750 stipend). 

Which Flobro are you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, HokieHWT said:

Please do, I’m banned from there, on four different accounts, and I just don’t want to put forth the effort tbh. I’ll shoot you $5, or donate $10 to charity if you’re choice, for a pic of the contract.

Ugh.  You pick the charity.  I'll dig it up if I remember later.  It doesn't matter much to be, to be frank.  Just thought it was funny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If James Green at 150lbs is similar to James Green at 70kg, then the top three of this weight is really interesting with him, JO, and Bajrang!

Does anyone think any of the other guys can mess with those three? Seems to be a big separation from my perspective. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Ugh.  You pick the charity.  I'll dig it up if I remember later.  It doesn't matter much to be, to be frank.  Just thought it was funny.

It’s ok, I made another account and I’m in! I can’t find it though :/ if you do, let me know. Either way I’ll add another $10 to my monthly donation to AFSP.

Edited by HokieHWT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, steen-hooph said:

Would Green try to make 65 for the Oly Trials? Honestly, he has no chance at 74. If so this could be a test weight cut of sorts. He makes 150 to see how he feels there and then makes up his mind.

Green is probably our 4th best 74kg guy.  3rd best if you were to rank all eligible athletes today (IMart is on the mend).  I'd not say he has 'no chance' then.

I wouldn't pick him to place 3rd, however going off results he is our #3 right now.  He is 462-0 against Nolf, isn't he?  That said, I would pick Nolf, Massa, and Cenzo over him right now at 74kg on top of the aforementions Imart, Dake, and JB.

In 2016 at 65kg Zain beat him 9-2, but outscored him 9-0 outside the first 25 seconds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IronChef said:

The 2019 NCAA champ at 149, who has not wrestled below 154 since then, is walking around within one hard workout of his NCAA weight from 18 months ago? Why hasn't he wrestled 65kg at all?

Wasn't he injured at BTS against Green shortly after his NCAA championship and didn't he say afterwards that his focus would be getting healthy for a 65kg run?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IronChef said:

The 2019 NCAA champ at 149, who has not wrestled below 154 since then, is walking around within one hard workout of his NCAA weight from 18 months ago? Why hasn't he wrestled 65kg at all?

Whataya mean one hard workout? Hydrated 152 would be one hard workout from 141....

According to Lou he walked around a skipped meal away from weight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...