Bronco

WHY am I not allowed to add photos to posts here?

I went to my account here and then clicked on Attachments and I got this message:   "You have used 499.08 kB of your 500 kB attachment limit."

There were a total of only 14 photo attachments (that's the LIMIT????? Only 14 ???).   I looked for a way to try to delete these 14 attachments but did not see ANY way to do that.

1. Go to My Attachments

2. Click on the topic that the attachment resides in

3. Edit your post and click the trash can on the image.

giphy.gif

PRESTO!

As a note if your image is hosted somewhere else you don't have to worry about the limit. If you steal a picture from somewhere else it needs to end with .jpg, .png, .gif, etc. Also you can use a site like imgur to host the image and use the link here. To do that go to the button "Insert other media" and select "insert image from URL."

1 hour ago, BobDole said:

1. Go to My Attachments

2. Click on the topic that the attachment resides in

3. Edit your post and click the trash can on the image.

giphy.gif

PRESTO!

As a note if your image is hosted somewhere else you don't have to worry about the limit. If you steal a picture from somewhere else it needs to end with .jpg, .png, .gif, etc. Also you can use a site like imgur to host the image and use the link here. To do that go to the button "Insert other media" and select "insert image from URL."

I don't see a trash can any where (even right clicking)

10 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

No trash can.  I can remove a posted image by editing in-line as though it was text.  (highlight the image & hit delete key)

12 minutes ago, lu_alum said:

No trash can.  I can remove a posted image by editing in-line as though it was text.  (highlight the image & hit delete key)

24 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

gimpy.jpg.876af57f7e5887c6efceb6d158053db2.jpg

1 minute ago, gimpeltf said:

OK, but how do you get here? I don't get that lower part of the screen.

1. Click your profile and go to My Attachments

2. Click on the topic title that the attachment resides in

3. Click Edit and click the trash can on the image.

38 minutes ago, BobDole said:

1. Click your profile and go to My Attachments

2. Click on the topic title that the attachment resides in

3. Click Edit and click the trash can on the image.

I did all of that except there is no trash can in the image.

32 minutes ago, BobDole said:

Look below the post in the attachment area.

I wasn't getting that before. The picture wasn't replicating like that. I signed out and back in and voila! (I also signed into USAW but I doubt that was it).

Not bad for an old Republican!

Thanks

1 minute ago, gimpeltf said:

I wasn't getting that before. The picture wasn't replicating like that. I signed out and back in and voila! (I also signed into USAW but I doubt that was it).

Not bad for an old Republican!

Thanks

Sounds like an ID-10-T error.

And now to add to what the Senator showed- here's the process I did to both delete the attachment but keep the picture.

Like he said- go to your profile, go to attachments, click on the linked post title on the right. Click edit. Before you delete, double click on the top picture (the one above the drag the picture here box). This will bring up a box with the url of the uploaded photo. Bring up a tab using that url. Copy the image. Now go back to the edited post- delete the photo below and then paste the photo back in above and save. When you go back and refresh the list of attachments this one will be gone.

51 minutes ago, Idaho said:

What is the difference or the advantage of attaching a picture vs pasting it in the text box? 

Pretty much only that you can only attach so many (I think). I was able to get rid of all but 2.

And I should say, I think the attachments are for photos that aren't already online to get a url (selfies on your phone maybe)

2 hours ago, gimpeltf said:

Pretty much only that you can only attach so many (I think). I was able to get rid of all but 2.

And I should say, I think the attachments are for photos that aren't already online to get a url (selfies on your phone maybe)

Ok that makes sense - personal stuff you have or created versus stuff that it already out there.