Sign in to follow this  
Keisha_Phillips

O'toole, Ferrari, Van Ness

5 minutes ago, Keisha_Phillips said:

Who will finish their career with the lowest golf score?  Golf score = total of their ncaa finishes.  I.E Imar = 6 (1+1+2+2)   Zach Sanders 19  (6+5+5+3) 

Ferrari I would say.OToole is gonna have to battle to start all 4 years.Van Ness will be good but also will be in weights with other studs.197 isn't usually a deep weight so Ferrari should be the winner.Not taking anything away from him I think he wins multiple titles

3 hours ago, calot said:

Ferrari I would say.OToole is gonna have to battle to start all 4 years.Van Ness will be good but also will be in weights with other studs.197 isn't usually a deep weight so Ferrari should be the winner.Not taking anything away from him I think he wins multiple titles

Why is O'Toole gonna struggle to start his whole career?

Edited by hammerlockthree

21 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

fair enough

I thought he would be a 165 and battle Mocco who I thought he would beat.But he's clearly a 157 for now so that battle with Jacques will be interesting

Hard to say what weight SVN will wrestle at. 

I'm guessing 149 or 157, after a RS year and getting the tar beaten out of him by one of the best to ever do it, Zain Retherford.

At which point, if he's as good as people think he is, I predict a Retherford-like career.

He will also have some pretty OK training partners at weights above and below him. 

On 11/19/2020 at 6:09 PM, hammerlockthree said:

Ferrari has a lot of character red flags. His freaky talent level might compensate for that, but he doesn't have very diverse offense and therefore will get scouted, and I am pretty sure freestyle is his style.  

I may be wrong but before we talk about character red flags I thought the bigger and older Ferrari wasn’t the issue.  I read the younger one did something to merit discipline and the older followed.

Is that not correct?

1 hour ago, Sstern said:

I may be wrong but before we talk about character red flags I thought the bigger and older Ferrari wasn’t the issue.  I read the younger one did something to merit discipline and the older followed.

Is that not correct?

That's my understanding. The older one just followed the younger one (or is it the middle one now?).

2 hours ago, Sstern said:

Is that not correct?

You may be right, I just see the bouncing around in high school and the social media and think it screams prima donna to me, which I don't think does well in the long term. 

I'll counter what I said by saying that I've had very brief interactions with the older ferrari and he was quite engaging and nice. 

I don't know...talking trash to Jordan Burroughs on social media before you've even wrestled a college match might be the kind of thing I would talk about with a freshman wrestler if I were John Smith.

10 hours ago, Konquest said:

I don't know...talking trash to Jordan Burroughs on social media before you've even wrestled a college match might be the kind of thing I would talk about with a freshman wrestler if I were John Smith.

So can an athlete tell his coach which shirt said coach can wear when he goes fishing?

At what age is an adult allowed to have his/her own opinion?

Or are you saying every adult has to behavior the way any older adult tells him/her to?

Depending on your answer I may or may not have advice for some poster(s) on these here forums.  ;)

27 minutes ago, ionel said:

So can an athlete tell his coach which shirt said coach can wear when he goes fishing?

At what age is an adult allowed to have his/her own opinion?

Or are you saying every adult has to behavior the way any older adult tells him/her to?

Depending on your answer I may or may not have advice for some poster(s) on these here forums.  ;)

The point you are missing is that wrestling, letalone as a scholarship athlete for major university, is a privilege not a right. 

ferrari is the beneficiary of thousands of other peoples sacrifices and labor,  a little humility might be in order. I'm not sure where the line is drawn between free speech and humility in this context, but its damn sure not  at blatant attention whoring on twitter. 

Edited by hammerlockthree

1 hour ago, hammerlockthree said:

The point you are missing is that wrestling, letalone as a scholarship athlete for major university, is a privilege not a right. 

ferrari is the beneficiary of thousands of other peoples sacrifices and labor,  a little humility might be in order. I'm not sure where the line is drawn between free speech and humility in this context, but its damn sure not  at blatant attention whoring on twitter. 

The point you are missing is that I did not reply to you or ask you for comment.  Also, I made no point.  I simply asked three questions of Konquest

12 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

its a forum.....

Well ok ... then let's go with :

You can't possibly know which point I may be missing.  This being a forum pretty sure you can't read minds over a forum to know which point I may or may not be missing.  And again, I simply asked 3 questions thus making no statements of fact or fiction or points - missing or otherwise.  :)