Sign in to follow this  
Keisha_Phillips

O'toole, Ferrari, Van Ness

On 11/22/2020 at 5:36 PM, ionel said:

So can an athlete tell his coach which shirt said coach can wear when he goes fishing?

At what age is an adult allowed to have his/her own opinion?

Or are you saying every adult has to behavior the way any older adult tells him/her to?

Depending on your answer I may or may not have advice for some poster(s) on these here forums.  ;)

An Athlete Absolutely can tell a Coach what Shirt he can or can not wear when , he goes fishing,  A player on the Oklahoma State Football Team Told The Head Coach he did not like the Shirt he was wearing (As it advertised A TV station the Player he did not like) when he went fishing,  So the Coach made a Public Apology (Which gained National Media) said he was wrong, that he would not wear that shirt again and from now on he would get the players approval before putting on a shirt.    I am sure EVERY COACH would do the same and not one would tell the player to f___ off.

On 11/22/2020 at 7:36 PM, ionel said:

So can an athlete tell his coach which shirt said coach can wear when he goes fishing?

At what age is an adult allowed to have his/her own opinion?

Or are you saying every adult has to behavior the way any older adult tells him/her to?

Depending on your answer I may or may not have advice for some poster(s) on these here forums.  ;)

In the last couple weeks, the wrestler in question PUBLICLY, on social media

1. Reignited a beef with a former HS star at Blair Academy that basically confirmed rumors re: his departure
2. Told THE Jordan Burroughs to "stick to wrestling" and told JB that he "knew nothing and was 'misinformed'" re: JB's political views

3. Got in a giant back and forth with Gable Steveson and alluded to going up in weight to challenge him.

People can behave any way they want, but as we saw with a high profile US wrestler who was basically "cancelled" for social media (among other things), there are consequences.  Especially when one is representing a university.

7 hours ago, Konquest said:

1. Reignited a beef with a former HS star at Blair Academy that basically confirmed rumors re: his departure
2. Told THE Jordan Burroughs to "stick to wrestling" and told JB that he "knew nothing and was 'misinformed'" re: JB's political views

3. Got in a giant back and forth with Gable Steveson and alluded to going up in weight to challenge him.

People can behave any way they want, but as we saw with a high profile US wrestler who was basically "cancelled" for social media (among other things), there are consequences.  Especially when one is representing a university.

I'm not saying I disagree with anything you said but you didn't answer any of my questions so I can't commit to advising any posters on these here forums.  ;)

12 hours ago, Konquest said:

I missed number 1. What happened?

On 11/22/2020 at 8:03 PM, hammerlockthree said:

The point you are missing is that wrestling, letalone as a scholarship athlete for major university, is a privilege not a right. 

ferrari is the beneficiary of thousands of other peoples sacrifices and labor,  a little humility might be in order. I'm not sure where the line is drawn between free speech and humility in this context, but its damn sure not  at blatant attention whoring on twitter. 

So a scholarships is a privilege that is connected in some way to humility?  Or to keeping it classy on twitter?  I completely get knocking him for his dumb comments, but I'm missing how it relates to him having a scholarship or him upholding his side of that scholarship.

1 minute ago, boconnell said:

So a scholarships is a privilege that is connected in some way to humility?  Or to keeping it classy on twitter?  I completely get knocking him for his dumb comments, but I'm missing how it relates to him having a scholarship or him upholding his side of that scholarship.

I simply think that it is appropriate to show gratitude for a privileged situation, and making comments hazardous to the reputation of the institution providing your privilege is not in keeping with the expression of gratitude.  

4 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

I simply think that it is appropriate to show gratitude for a privileged situation, and making comments hazardous to the reputation of the institution providing your privilege is not in keeping with the expression of gratitude.  

I agree he should do that.  I think he's an idiot for not doing that.  I wouldn't recruit kids who did this if I was a coach.  But I 'm okay with him being on scholarship for wrestling ability and passing classes rather than for kindness.  I think he'd have to go much further than disrespecting Jordan Burroughs for me to think he's somehow breaking faith with the university or failing to live up to his end of his scholarship.  

I like his hype. I want to see him lose more than before, but that’s a good thing for the sport. 

I also think him calling out JB is dumb. He sounds like an idiot. 

His jabs against Gable, while I’ll advised, at least were about wrestling. I wouldn’t have cared about this matchup before as Gable will steamroll him, but now I want it on a Flo card. 

it wouldnt be competitive at all. Gable is competitive with the top 10 in the world. AJ is good for a teenager

12 hours ago, boconnell said:

I agree he should do that.  I think he's an idiot for not doing that.  I wouldn't recruit kids who did this if I was a coach.  But I 'm okay with him being on scholarship for wrestling ability and passing classes rather than for kindness.  I think he'd have to go much further than disrespecting Jordan Burroughs for me to think he's somehow breaking faith with the university or failing to live up to his end of his scholarship.  

I didn't say he should be punished, I said he was acting in poor taste.