Sign in to follow this  
RED

Cornell Wrestling

Any questions cross your mind?  Go to Bigredbears.com and post them.  Coach Koll is an active participant.  If he doesn't answer directly, I've got folks that will harass him until he does!  BTW- Betsy put together a great interview with Gabe Dean.  Given he has just stepped back into the scene, what are his goals?  Is he wrestling Taylor to determine if any Olympic aspirations are realistic?  I personally wanted to know how this match-up between Gabe and Taylor came to be.  Interesting response, which provided some detail on the relationship between Cornell and Penn State.  Definitely interesting reading.

17 hours ago, nom said:

Uh, where is the Dean article?

Good rhetorical question. I perused the site and there is a post in the forums from today that says that says basically what the post above says, but there is no sign of the referenced article, so it amounts to a bait and switch of sorts until they get the piece posted. EDIT: The article is now (Saturday) posted and, like the rest of the site, it's good.  

The site has some decent stuff, with some articles, and Koll did in one post answer several questions in some detail, including one about greyshirting. 

Edited by drag it
Update to reflect a subsequent changed fact

Question for Coach Koll...How in the World are you able to bring in EVERY Year such a good class..You run circles around every other Program in America...You have 8 top 100 Wrestlers in your 2021 class committed as of now ...No school is anywhere near that and you are obviously a genius on  how to beat the 9.9 Scholarships everyone else deals with? Whats your secret on beating the System  Every Year?  

16 minutes ago, moveurfeet32 said:

Question for Coach Koll...How in the World are you able to bring in EVERY Year such a good class..You run circles around every other Program in America...You have 8 top 100 Wrestlers in your 2021 class committed as of now ...No school is anywhere near that and you are obviously a genius on  how to beat the 9.9 Scholarships everyone else deals with? Whats your secret on beating the System  Every Year?  

Cornell FLOWRESTLING recruiting rankings 

2015  Not in the Top 20

2016 #13

2017 #1 Yianni and Vito

2018 Not in the Top 20

2019 #3

2020 #5

9.9 scholarships doesn't apply to the Ivy League. Need based financial aid only in the Ivy.

1 hour ago, moveurfeet32 said:

Out of curiosity, i went to the Cornell website and ran through their cost of attendance calculator.  I used what I believe to be average numbers for an American family.  Total cost of attendance is about $10, 000/year.  Not many schools can compete with that, scholarships or not. 

1 hour ago, moveurfeet32 said:

Much better chance of getting him to answer at bigredbears.com.

10 minutes ago, moveurfeet32 said:

Cornell is not even a part of NCAA Division 1 Wrestling this year...Take them to another site if you want to promote Spartan events 

There is the idea that nearly everyone for Spartan will be wrestling for Cornell (in actual NCAA Division 1 Wrestling) next season, and thus it is easy to understand why "College Wrestling" is a good place for even the most abstract reference to this event, as we have here.  Are you so triggered by a reference to Cornell (NCAA Division 1 Wrestling)'s head coach and a question about his sons who wrestled at Cornell (NCAA Division 1 Wrestling) or currently do wrestle?

Is any reference to any Ivy League wrestler off-limits?  Is this a folkstyle-only forum?

Though Cornell is not competing, Cornell wrestling had a great week. Dake and Yianni won the Henri Deglane and both looked great doing it. Vito did not place at that tourney, but he looked good taking 5th. Meanwhile, Cornell was named the 5th best program of the 2010s.

That ranking is no huge surprise, but damned impressive neverthless.

If Cornell was competing this year, it might have three national champs: Yianni, Dean and Darmstadt. 

I assume that no one will argue with the first one, but are the other two also likely champs?

29 minutes ago, NJDan said:

If Cornell was competing this year, it might have three national champs: Yianni, Dean and Darmstadt. 

I assume that no one will argue with the first one, but are the other two also likely champs?

Darmstadt would have been right at the top.

33 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Is it Thursday!  If its not Thursday with the mats cleaned then you are getting WAY ahead of yourself.  ;)

4 minutes ago, ionel said:

Is it Thursday!  If its not Thursday with the mats cleaned then you are getting WAY ahead of yourself.  ;)

Yeah, that's OK. Since this year is cancelled, I really would need to be Thursday 2022. Sorry.