hammerlockthree

Humphrey's Awkward Smack Talk Attempt

Humphrey is one of the few people whose social media I actually like, he does goofy fun stuff like flips and stupid rap songs, his kids are cute, wife is very attractive, but he is not good at this smack talk thing. 

Quarterfinal where? At NCAAs? At the World team trials? At Worlds? What was his day? Why not just say Zain is gonna get thrown on his head or something. I'm not saying he shouldn't talk because he isn't the favorite, but a lot of head scratchers in this one.

Edited by hammerlockthree

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

It actually makes sense.  Because when he was 14 he likely would have beaten Reece in the quarters since Reece wouldn't have made the semis.

Z was 14 in 2010. Reece took 3rd losing in the semis to Dake. Z would have had to have been 5th seed or in that part of the bracket.

36 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

Z was 14 in 2010. Reece took 3rd losing in the semis to Dake. Z would have had to have been 5th seed or in that part of the bracket.

My post was supposed to make so little sense that it merited no response.

43 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

That was the moment I lost faith in tOSU, when humphrey the fifth year senior, had to take neutral against the true freshmen and couldn't get a TD.

4 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

That was the moment I lost faith in tOSU, when humphrey the fifth year senior, had to take neutral against the true freshmen and couldn't get a TD.

To be fair that wasn't your run of the mill true freshman 

5 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

In my day the kid was a quarterfinal....but yeah I shouldn't omit that is was maybe the second best college wrestler ever

Definitely in the mix....  :)

I used to play in a monthly poker game with friends and co-workers. Very low stakes stuff. It was about fun, not getting rich off your friends and co-workers.

My wife would always ask how the night was. I would tell her stories of the trash talking. When she found out that I would be relentless when I was ahead she could not understand it. "But what if you lose? Won't you be embarrassed?" My response, "that's why I have to do it while I'm ahead".

Same thing with Reece. He probably won't be able to trash talk after, so might as well do it now. Everyone lighten up. Have fun now in case its not so fun later.

3 hours ago, spladle08 said:

Yall are wild. 
They do have to "Try" to hype the matches..... eyes = $$$$
90% of people know its a crushing by Zain.... 
Don't read too much into it. Enjoy the show. 

Some idiot on The Wrestling Room actually believes no matter the result that Humphrey will get at least one four point move on Zain.

54 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Some idiot on The Wrestling Room actually believes no matter the result that Humphrey will get at least one four point move on Zain.

Unfortunately, I've seen it too, and it was reminiscent of "Burroughs hasn't seen scrambling like Askren" 
Man, when Flo did the "Lets cover Hump relentlessly"  (Long before Desanto.. wanna say 2015?) my friend bet me $500 he would make the world finals, simply based on gymnastics.
Don't get it twisted, I love the guy and think he is great for the sport but... 
Those expecting him to "launch" a top-10 world level wrestler, after being retired X amount of years...  I mean how delusional do you have to be... 
This isn't a 6x world champ coming off a 2 year layoff... this is a 2x World team member? with I'll guess 2 wins on the world stage... that hasn't competed seriously since what 2016? (man I'm just taking shots in the dark on stuff I could easily look up) if you think he can toss one of our main candidates this Olympic cycle to his back.... We got serious issues at the weight. 
Zain may not "Tech" him, But I would assume 5 takedowns is very likely. Maybe 1 brazen "Big throw" attempted by Hump. but the "Lil Fundamental" Aka "Metcalf 2.0" doesn't get into those exchanges often, and it's just a horrible matchup for the Highlight. 

Edited by spladle08

3 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

Zain may not "Tech" him 

This makes me think it was you that said he'd throw him for four...

This will be fugly.  Hump got schooled at beach wrestling last year by toons who never succeeded at any other form of wrestling...

1 minute ago, nhs67 said:

This makes me think it was you that said he'd throw him for four...

This will be fugly.  Hump got schooled at beach wrestling last year by toons who never succeeded at any other form of wrestling...

I mean, I could see it being respectively less serious, due to the whole exhibition style, like 8-1 or something, I'm not saying 7-6 but I could see Hump, getting a little tired, little nervy, trying to hold position and shut down, to not give up the tech. 
I could also see him getting down 6 quickly and trying some wild ish and being teched before half. 
Hahahahaha You think it's going to be real quick huh?

1 hour ago, hammerlockthree said:

If i wasn't clear enough in the original post, I am not criticizing Humphrey for saying anything, I just think he chose a really odd thing to say.

It was a good post.  I started following him after that.

I personally was reacting to people who make it seem as if Zain is nearly untouchable in freestyle.