nom

Rofkin - can some explain it for a consumer?

I went to their site.  They talk to content producers.  I can’t figure out what I get as a consumer.  Some questions —

1) if I subscribe to the NLWC event ... is this a reoccurring monthly fee or am I able to pay for a one time event, or just for one month?

2) If pay for NLWC access, say for 1 month, do I get access to every single thing on the rofkin platform with no further fees for that month? Or are there extra fees to get access to other content?

3) is there an archive of past content?  Does this answer vary by provider?

Basically, what is their pitch for why consumers should sign up?

In basic terms: You subscribe to a channel and get access to the whole platform. You can follow other channels to keep up with their content. The channel you initially subscribed to gets the big share of your $10/month, but revenue is shared across all channels depending on their traffic and activity and etc.

There seems to be a lot more nuance to it, but I think all the confusing parts are on the side of Rokfin & content creators. I’m interested in the cryptocurrency approach and would love if some content creators spoke more on it & how it works for them compared to getting paid elsewhere!

Can you subscribe for only 1 month at a time and cancel? As opposed to Flo which makes you subscribe for a whole year?

Indeed one can.

Fyi, Stalemates clued us into a Flo payment loophole. Apparently, some of their other sites (eg flomarching) let you subscribe on a monthly basis. It seems that you get full access to all of their sites with any subscription...

It's a communist version of Youtube. ;)

Seriously, it's basically a subscriber-based Youtube/content site, but with almost exclusively "high-demand" content producers.  Similar to places like Patreon or Substack, though I don't know if there's revenue sharing on those two platforms in that there's direct connections with the producers.

On 11/25/2020 at 10:31 PM, JasonBryant said:

Willie is @MS1 (Mat Scouts) I'm @mattalkonline

Easy way to do it is to select the wrestling tab at the top of the page, you'll see the content from the wrestling-centric creators there. 

Jason, I've called Rokfin and left messages 2 days in a row, and they still haven't called me back.....I think there is a mistake on my credit card I'd like to have taken care of....any suggestions????

3 hours ago, fadzaev2 said:

Jason, I've called Rokfin and left messages 2 days in a row, and they still haven't called me back.....I think there is a mistake on my credit card I'd like to have taken care of....any suggestions????

1 hour ago, jchapman said:

Sue them?

Over $10.00????

13 hours ago, fadzaev2 said:

Gee, sounds a lot like FloWresting back when Martin Floreani was running it...I wonder whatever happened to him? ;)

Edited by DocBZ

13 hours ago, fadzaev2 said:

6 minutes ago, DocBZ said:

Gee, sounds a lot like FloWresting back when Martin Floreani was running it...I wonder whatever happened to him? ;)

I emailed to the above email address....we'll see if and how long it takes to get a response...may not be a big deal.  I had an issue with my card right before Rokfin tried to take my payment....and Discover and I decided to close the account and open a new one.   Before I could put the new card into play, Rokfin's attempt to take my payment was rejected.  I got a message from them, and I responded, explained and put my new card on my account.  But in the process, I then got charged on Nov. 24 and Nov. 26.....my earlier charges were on the 19th of Sept. and Oct.  So it looks like I got charged twice.  Hopefully, we straighten this out soon.  Fadz