IronChef

I've seen enough former wrestlers on these cards

Former wrestlers are getting paid and having fun with the sport that made them who they are today. If it’s just a match or two a card, I ain’t mad.

better than watching a 40 year old boxer or MMA fighter having to come back and get knocked tf out to pay some taxes

1 hour ago, IronChef said:

I know you can only get the matchups both guys are willing to take, but after Caldwell, Jenkins, and Humphrey (and Askren, honestly), I'm good if the retired guys stay retired. They're overmatched and not in shape.

Agreed.  I'd have rather something competitive.  JO would have been nice :)

To be fair, Gabe Dean was retired and made things interesting. But he is a lot different from the others you mentioned... much younger and still working out with top athletes I’m sure. I’m not opposed to having the “old” guys on a card because it’s intriguing to see what they can do, but I agree it’s kinda dumb and pointless to put guys who have been retired for 10 years against our current top guys. Maybe rematches with the older guys could be fun... something like Caldwell vs Metcalf or Askren vs Pendleton?

Boris wrestled well before gassing.  It looked to me like Reece initiated and exposed Zain for the first 2pts and was not given the call.  The match outcome would be the same but it would have had a different feel. 

5 hours ago, IronChef said:

Agreed, and when Caldwell wrestles Pletcher or Nolf wrestles Jenkins, Caldwell and Jenkins are taking a place that could be filled with a wrestler who isn't getting a chance to wrestle.

Also agree. We need more wrestling period.

Agreed, and when Caldwell wrestles Pletcher or Nolf wrestles Jenkins, Caldwell and Jenkins are taking a place that could be filled with a wrestler who isn't getting a chance to wrestle.
The stupid matches are for stupid people.

Who wants to see Humphrey vs Zain?

How about Chazmio vs Nolf?. lol

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I guess I'm not understanding the why to complain about it.  It's not like we signed up and paid for what we thoughts was burroughs vs dake only to find out it was actually Hump vs Zain.  The evolution of these cards is a great thing.  Every once in a while we see a retired guy step up and take a match, among all the others matches on the card.  The great thing about it is that we see what all of the matches are going to be before we make a decision whether or not to buy it.  And then beyond that once we do buy it, we are not forced to watch a match that comes up that we have no desire in seeing.  We can easily "flip the channel" for a few minutes if we have no desire to see that particular match,  So I guess I am miss where there is any legitimate complaint here?  Asking for understanding....