nhs67

NLWC 4.0

Wants?

Needs?

What are we thinkin here?

I don't think we see JB-Taylor or Gillman-Lee here, although I will say I think seeing JB-Taylor has a better chance.

I would like to see more of the young guns.  I'd also like to see some cross-weight matches (Like Zain-Pantaleo or Starocci-Marstellar).  Something like Taylor-Macch or Nolf-Lujan.

52 minutes ago, nom said:

Nick Lee vs Zain!

I would kind of like to see that too, but really Nick Lee vs Yianni Diakomihalis is my first choice.

While we are talking Lees, I doubt we get Gillman v Lee, but that is my second choice.

I want to see Joe Lee against anyone who can last 22 seconds. Maybe a rematch of one of his two red-shirt loses (Travis Whitlake or Thomas Bullard).

Finally, let's make it a full Lee card. Matt Lee against someone in the top 20 at 157.

It was interesting to see Starocci struggle against a person with a VERY low CG who is also a high level scrambler. I'm guessing he doesn't really get a chance to practice against someone that short around his weight. He normally pulls those legs in and up.

Also, funny to see the least likely (to me) shot that he took, a (very) low-level blast double, be the one that made the difference. 

Edited by Le duke

1 hour ago, Le duke said:

It was interesting to see Starocci struggle against a person with a VERY low CG who is also a high level scrambler. I'm guessing he doesn't really get a chance to practice against someone that short around his weight. He normally pulls those legs in and up.

Also, funny to see the least likely (to me) shot that he took, a (very) low-level blast double, be the one that made the difference. 

It wasn't the shot he took but the exhaustion of his opponent that made it work. If Chance is in shape he can go with most but he doesn't seem to have that natural gas tank it takes to sustain a lead or score late.  

15 hours ago, MadMardigain said:

Nick Lee vs anyone in his way to be a NCAA finalist. 

Joe Lee vs a Round of 16 level guy would be nice to see. 

Matt Lee vs a NCAA Qualifier. 

Hartman is ranked 12 in the TOM and 9 in the wrestlestat pre season rankings. Perhaps a top 8 guy would show more. 

5 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Hartman is ranked 12 in the TOM and 9 in the wrestlestat pre season rankings. Perhaps a top 8 guy would show more. 

I think that match is a brawl if they go at it again.

Hartman was not expecting that level if seriousness.

1 hour ago, gimpeltf said:

You mean- Your prior suggestion? Wasn't sure why you quoted yourself.

He quoted himself because he said something previously already said in the thread by somebody else here:

On 11/25/2020 at 10:13 AM, TBar1977 said:

That should be near Christmas, so there has to be something special under that 4.0 tree. 

Something along the lines of Nick Lee vs Yianni D. OR Kerkvliet vs Mason Parris. Something along those lines. 

Edited by nhs67
Fat fingers