nhs67

NLWC 4.0

57 minutes ago, Le duke said:

I approve this message.

I think Carter is going to be special.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do as well.  This gives us a good idea of 174 hierarchy too.

Edited by nhs67

6 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Does anybody else want to see him against Moore?

Walz yes absolutely I think that would be awesome. But if you meant Snyder? Uhh, sure, but I may go to the  concession stand  kitchen for a snack during that match. Moore just can't catch a break with generational opponents. Cox, Nickal, The 'rona, now Snyder... tough break for a tough dude. I hope he breaks through.

1 hour ago, bnwtwg said:

Walz yes absolutely I think that would be awesome. But if you meant Snyder? Uhh, sure, but I may go to the  concession stand  kitchen for a snack during that match. Moore just can't catch a break with generational opponents. Cox, Nickal, The 'rona, now Snyder... tough break for a tough dude. I hope he breaks through.

I think a match with Snyder is closer than anyone not named J'Den against Snyder, domestically.

He did train with him for 5 years.

I feel as though an upcoming NCAA team race  is really going to be impacted by how Berge appears.  

He has the talent to be a strong contender at 157 or injuries could be too much to overcome.  Getting Hadley back out the gates is quite a “test” to put it lightly (times 100).  If he can hang  that could really add more potential in a line up already defined by that word.

I feel as though an upcoming NCAA team race  is really going to be impacted by how Berge appears.  

He has the talent to be a strong contender at 157 or injuries could be too much to overcome.  Getting Hadley back out the gates is quite a “test” to put it lightly (times 100).  If he can hang  that could really add more potential in a line up already defined by that word.

If Hidlay doesn’t TF him, I’d say that’s a good sign for a guy who has more or less been out of the game for a year.

17 hours ago, Class said:

16 hours ago, Le duke said:

If Hidlay doesn’t TF him, I’d say that’s a good sign for a guy who has more or less been out of the game for a year.

I don't think he wrestles Hayden unless Cael thinks he is healthy and ready to go full strength. Also, agree with what Class said. Berge is a Junior World Bronze and also made U23 and aside from the injury match his only losses in those events were to Zhamalov. If I recall too, the guy he beat to win Junior Bronze that year was a Euro Junior Bronze winner and prior year Euro Cadet champ. A 100 percent Berge, both medically and cardio, is going to be tough. Hayden is obviously a stud too, so good match up if Berge is 100 percent. 

Edited by TBar1977

11 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

I don't think he wrestles Hayden unless Cael thinks he is healthy and ready to go full strength. Also, agree with what Class said. Berge is a Junior World Bronze and also made U23 and aside from the injury match his only losses in those events were to Zhamalov. If I recall too, the guy he beat to win Junior Bronze that year was a prior year Euro Junior champ. A 100 percent Berge, both medically and cardio, is going to be tough. Hayden is obviously a stud too, so good match up if Berge is 100 percent. 

Yeah, if he is even competitive it will be big.  Hidlay may be the class of NCAAs at 157 or 165 right now.  

If he is back to form, he did take it to Carr, O'Connor, Lee, etc at 2018 Juniors at 70kg and easily won our 2019 U23 at 74 kg.

Being as Cael is putting him out there against Hidlay, I am thinking the belief is that he is ready to start wooping ass again.

11 hours ago, Class said:

Yeah, if he is even competitive it will be big.  Hidlay may be the class of NCAAs at 157 or 165 right now.  

Don't forget Ryan Deakin is still around and he went  unbeaten last year while wrestling great against pretty much everyone, including Hidlay. Hayden is still a total stud, though, so if Berge can wrestle well against him then this will tell us a lot. 

On 12/19/2020 at 11:11 PM, Le duke said:

I hope he’s at full strength. His one match last year was rough.

He’s a podium contender at 157 if he is.

I think he had 2 matches last year and in one of them he beat Lehigh's Josh Humphreys who is really tough and ended the season as EIWA Champ and #7 seed at NCAAs.  I think people are forgetting just how good Berge is when healthy.   Now I am not saying I expect him to beat Hidlay but I think it will be a good match if Berge is back in form. 

9 minutes ago, lu1979 said:

I think he had 2 matches last year and in one of them he beat Lehigh's Josh Humphreys who is really tough and ended the season as EIWA Champ and #7 seed at NCAAs.  I think people are forgetting just how good Berge is when healthy.   Now I am not saying I expect him to beat Hidlay but I think it will be a good match if Berge is back in form. 

I agree with this.

People are forgetting that he is in the best room in the country, as well.  So back to form would also insinuate improvement, as well

12 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Trent Hidlay posted on Twitter today that he had emergency appendectomy surgery.

That's what he gets for punching Amine like that.

That's a joke.  Sorry.

In all seriousness I hope he gets back on the mat as quickly and safely as possible.  I'm a huge fan of his, and was very much enjoying his trajectory as he was growing more into the weight.

Undercard - 5:30 PM ET Start Time

Johnny Devine vs. Baylor Shunk

Jarrett Trombley vs. Brandon Meredith

Alex Urquiza vs. David Evans

Kai Orine vs. Beau Bartlett

Silas Shaw vs. Joey Blumer

Ed Scott vs. Terrell Barraclough

AJ Leitten vs. Bo Pipher

Hunter Lewis vs. Scott Obendorfer

AJ Kovacs vs. Matt Lee

Tyler Barnes vs. Joe Lee

Kai Bele vs. Aurelius Dunbar