D3UC157

NCAA championship confidence

7 hours ago, 1032004 said:

You can't require what won't be allowed until later. @RichB was just saying it's not likely young healthy athletes will be in line for vaccinations during the early spring.

11 hours ago, gimpeltf said:

You can't require what won't be allowed until later. @RichB was just saying it's not likely young healthy athletes will be in line for vaccinations during the early spring.

Exactly. Spencer lee may get it before 20,000 other Hawkeye undergrads, But I doubt will he get it before the workers at their famous children's hospital. (and the patients themselves once vaccines are cleared for them.)

Do any colleges require Flu Shots for wrestlers? Lehigh's experience in 1978 should have been educational 

6 minutes ago, RichB said:

Exactly. Spencer lee may get it before 20,000 other Hawkeye undergrads, But I doubt will he get it before the workers at their famous children's hospital. (and the patients themselves once vaccines are cleared for them.)

Do any colleges require Flu Shots for wrestlers? Lehigh's experience in 1978 should have been educational 

There was no requirement when I wrestled.  I think flu shots will soon become a requirement at most universities following this pandemic though because the same technology that delivered the covid vaccine is going to greatly increase the efficacy of the flu shot. 

The estimates are that most healthcare workers will be vaccinated soon due to the mass pre production of doses, so by March it’s entirely feasible that the vaccine is available to college students and student athletes. 

4 hours ago, Billyhoyle said:

There was no requirement when I wrestled.  I think flu shots will soon become a requirement at most universities following this pandemic though because the same technology that delivered the covid vaccine is going to greatly increase the efficacy of the flu shot. 

The estimates are that most healthcare workers will be vaccinated soon due to the mass pre production of doses, so by March it’s entirely feasible that the vaccine is available to college students and student athletes. 

The news tonight indicates, As I Interpret it, suggest April will be the month when we go from high priority recipients to low, with every one who wants by the end of July. I suppose ath, 5th 6th flavor of vaccine could speed up the process