Drake_Mallard

Who could have been a great coach?

Wrestling is full of guys who compete and then go directly to coaching. It seems like there are very few who dont go that route. Who are some that didn't, but would have been great coaches had they stayed in the sport.

I say Mark Ironside. Blue collar, good communicator, business owner, very consistent in everything he does. I think he would have been a top coach today had he chose to do so. 

1 hour ago, TripNSweep said:

I think Stephen Neal would have been a great coach. He could wrestle well for a heavyweight and understood a lot of nuances that come with wrestling. Plus he's a friendly guy who can relate to a lot of people.

Sounds a lot like that other guy... Kerry McCoy.

On 12/1/2020 at 4:43 PM, TripNSweep said:

I think Stephen Neal would have been a great coach. He could wrestle well for a heavyweight and understood a lot of nuances that come with wrestling. Plus he's a friendly guy who can relate to a lot of people.

Not only could he wrestle well for a heavyweight, he wrestled well enough to be FILA Wrestler of the Year in 1999.