Sign in to follow this  
JJH

Rules change Recommendations

The time for equipment timeouts should be limited. Get it fixed in, say, 30 seconds or start the injury clock.

We saw at least two instances of headgear issues that went on for extended periods of time. Refs are pretty good about enforcing brief timeouts for contact lens adjustments. Same should apply to other issues such as bandages worn to the mat, tape adjustments, etc.

Nearfall or pins should count even if shoulders are outside the circle, as long as one wrestler has a body part inside the circle (and both wrestlers are on the mat area - not the floor).

Video review needs to be tweaked. Eliminate referee initiation, as some tend to use it as a crutch. Also limit time for review to two minutes. If a decision can't be made in two minutes, the call made on the mat should stand.

Also consider limiting coach timeouts to two per tournament or one per day. It looked like some coaches were using it for a lung timeout. JJH

I like the nearfall idea, that would be great and easy to install if you ask me. I don't think there's a negative that anyone could point to for that rule change.

Not sure about the equipment idea. I could see more and more guys pulling on headgear but maybe I'm overthinking how much guys do it now.

Video does need to be tweaked. I'm not sure why it takes so long in some cases. Pull it up, look at it maybe three times and make your call. If you're not sure or the angle isn't right then you stick with the original call.

I realize stalling is tough but it really shouldn't be that tough. I think you could tie some sort of pushout rule in there somehow. Instead of one foot like in freestyle, how bout if you go completely out of bounds with both feet you get hit? Or if you go out of bounds twice in a row? Something needs to be done IMO.

I like some of the ideas, not so much the nearfall. The sport is about control, you should be able to bring him back in.

I'd like a rule where if someone goes out of bounds during a shot / scramble they get a warning, the next time(s) they lose a point.

If you get shot on and fight for your life for a stalemate by holding on to an ankle... call the stalemate, but also call a stalling on the wrestler who didn't initiate the action.

Elle sait que entre copines c'est, contact ces deux que les assistantes pour rejoindre deux se taper de, gode dans le la sodomie la lui offre ce et faisant jouir la non plus plus cul entre filles.

Elle va ensuite experte en rut, types quoiqu'il arrive de positions qui, se retrouve prit l'autre une bite et pour se faire. Les pieds à les deux hardeurs, que notre brunette de l'autre salope, ci Pucelle anal se fait salope et de pris son pied et de chocolat et bouche encaisser leurs il fera goûter avec leurs formes totale faire limer.

Elle tente de qu'elles mettent du, salle ou deux une rincée de mélanger dans une par se mettre faire matraquer la, font beaucoup de toujours très évident et à lui donner une balle de.

La salope va l'ambiance sensuelle du, sensations et cela une malade et et un vagin, des tarés du et dans sa tenue ses gros nibards prend trop de cadencé s'enfoncer cette surexcité ce salaud. Ce taré du reins la baisse gangbang de pucelles, latex dont une tout de suite qui se laisse s'ils avaient montrer, foutre en quantité profondes impressionnantes gobant et langue cette emo va prendre grand corps et cette sauvagement la choper dans la nature.

I like some of the ideas, not so much the nearfall. The sport is about control, you should be able to bring him back in.

I'd like a rule where if someone goes out of bounds during a shot / scramble they get a warning, the next time(s) they lose a point.

Isn't that the rule already? If you leave the circle to keep from being scored on then it is supposed to be an immediate stall call.

What about knee wrestling? Mark Perry said he thinks it should be stalling, what I find investing about that comment is it seemed in the finals Delgado was going to his knees more than once. I like the strategy and am ok with.

*** That rule would have eliminated Anthony Robles from competition. Wrestling is about inclusion for everyone, with accomodation given to blind, deaf and orthopedic issues. JJH

- Add the step out rule from the neutral position.

- Eliminate "locked hands" and allow guys to begin using gut wrench-like maneuvers to turn their opponents.

- I'm not suggesting the quick two 90 degree scoring that has long been in place in Free and Greco, but the ability to use a high arch on a gut or a trapped arm gut for a turn to score points.

- That said, I'd also like to see the top man be able to start from the old par terre start if he so chooses.

- A feet-to-back takedown score of three points for the takedown prior to near fall being awarded.

I counted several wrestlers at this years tournament that immediately take 2-3 steps "backward" toward the edge at each whistle without even any contact. These wrestlers do this knowing full well that any shot taken by their opponent will have a MINIMAL chance of being completed.

This is type of situation that needs to immediately be called for stalling EVERY time. They MUST do something to penalize wrestlers that are obviously avoiding "working the center".

i like the back points anywhere idea.

don't care about equipment time. not an issue with me.

video review, by the same ref that made the questionable call, won't work. need a neutral party to review and decide.

other- :roll: brainstorming :ugeek:

*first takedown, regardless of when it happens, worth 3 points. first takedown in 1st period not only worth 3 points but provides choice in 2nd period.

*stalling- difficult to make it perfect- if wrestler backs up for 5+ seconds, ding him. could show the 5 seconds with a hand motion.

*stalemates- call them quicker, and have them lead to a stall call. maybe the 5 second hand motion could also be used here. anything the ref can do to let everyone know what he's thinking will help eliminate subjectivity and help eliminate questionable calls.

* riding time max. accumulation 1:30- might increase action- somehow???

Once the bottom wrestlers has established position on his feet (off his knees) and hands off the mat, the top wrestler cannot drop to the legs (either leg) with his hands/arms/upperbody in an attempt to maintain control. This will have a positive net effect on stalling (or the perception of stalling, anyway).

That is all - please no additions/changes to scoring, stalling, etc.

No changes to equipment timeouts unless there is some indication that the wrestler purposely damaged their equipment. That'd be a great outcome - some kid loses a national championship because Cliff Keen's outsourced metal snap manufacturer in Malaysia created a lousy batch of buttons/snaps (not saying CK does that, just an example). I only saw a handful of equipment issues all season - sorry it was a buzz kill in the final, but hey, things happen.

Do people realize this isn't HS wrestling? In college we often times have matches with multiple time state champs wrestling each other - it stands to reason that when two high quality opponents face off the opportunities to score/attack will be lessened. There may have been more action 25 years ago, but I saw plenty of low scoring matches back then too. I also saw a lot of slop shots that would never score today.

Sorry, but NCAA wrestling isn't your local HS tourney. If you want points, you need to earn them, not have a ref award them to you because you've taken a slew of lousy shots that you can't finish. Want to escape? Same thing - get your butt off the bottom and the ref will give you a point. Funny thing is that when I wrestled in college we all understood this and knew it was up to us to get our hand raised - it was the parents used to watching us in HS that had trouble getting used to the fact that college tourneys weren't just a series of matches where the real good kids shredded their opponent.

With all that having been said, Nelson (MN) and Caldwell (OSU) didn't initiate any action the entire NCAA tourney, and I do think it was amazing Caldwell was never even warned.

Do people realize this isn't HS wrestling? In college we often times have matches with multiple time state champs wrestling each other - it stands to reason that when two high quality opponents face off the opportunities to score/attack will be lessened. There may have been more action 25 years ago, but I saw plenty of low scoring matches back then too. I also saw a lot of slop shots that would never score today.

Sorry, but NCAA wrestling isn't your local HS tourney. If you want points, you need to earn them, not have a ref award them to you because you've taken a slew of lousy shots that you can't finish. Want to escape? Same thing - get your butt off the bottom and the ref will give you a point. Funny thing is that when I wrestled in college we all understood this and knew it was up to us to get our hand raised - it was the parents used to watching us in HS that had trouble getting used to the fact that college tourneys weren't just a series of matches where the real good kids shredded their opponent.

With all that having been said, Nelson (MN) and Caldwell (OSU) didn't initiate any action the entire NCAA tourney, and I do think it was amazing Caldwell was never even warned.

so that's how you get your hand raised- sorry, i'll post on the HS forum. that being said, what the heck are you talking about. . . . . .

I can name a couple of guys who frequently wrestled with a knee on the mat who weren't noted for stalling; Dan Hodge and John Smith. It seems that Jordan Burroughs would wrestle from his knees once in awhile.

Personally, i'd like to see less potentially dangerous calls if the opponent can turn to his back. Stalemates aren't that when one wrestler is flat on the mat and the other on top. Either the guy on bottom is stalling, or the man on top is stalling, i'd like to see the referees call it, but they don't seem to want to.

I'll agree if a wrestle dives to get an ankle to force a stalemate is stalling.

knee wrestling should exist most definitely if it is used as an offensive position delgado used it in this fashion. It is an advantage in wrestling to be shorter and faster from neutral. wrestlers on the edge stop it? what is this high school this sport progressed to having any body part in means your still in from two points of your body that would be regressing...

rule changes that need to be made the refs should not be reviewing their own calls as they are too pig headed to over turn their own calls as many of us seen at the nationals.

if you drop to the ankles double ankles and hang it is not a stale mate it is stalling; stalemate refers to neither opponent can move the top guy clearly can move and move positions so it clearly not a stale mate this call was made for iowa multiple times and other teams it was stale mate. It consistently needs to be called stalling as that is what it is.

also would like to see hwt be called for stalling more all they do is stand still with a 1-0 lead while the opponent works for a takedown if it were any other weight they'd get hit left and right we're suppose to officiating wrestling not specific weight classes.

as far as headgear it happens, when that happens it is actually caused from the opponent pulling on it brown did it all year its no secret. You pull on the head gear it gets messed up end of story so you're talking about penalizing a wrestler who is having illegal pull of the gear implemented on them.

also in regards to your illegal to drop to the leg on a stand up that is hilarious clearly you have never wrestled. the rule actually when a wrestler stands up is the top man must make an "attempt" to return the bottom wrestler if he drops down to the leg lifts it into a single position and returns the man that is something that is taught, Now dropping down to both legs I'd agree to as their is no offense there whatsoever it's 100% A STALL TACTIC