Crash

150 8-Man Bracket

Bajrang is the favorite, especially since he won't be jetlagged like he was at BTS. Then 2) Green 3) JO 4) McKenna. Everyone else is aiming to pull an upset and get placer $.

However, if McKenna pulls a J'Den and goes bald for this then I am betting the house on him to win.

1. Bajrang (2-0 vs JO in the last year, 3X World Medalist)

2. Green (2017 win over JO, 2X World Medalist)

3. JO (TF over McKenna, Senior Nationals champion 2019)

4. McKenna (has a win over Yiani and is 1-1 vs Henderson)

5. Henderson (has wins over McKenna and Meredith)

6.. Ashnault (beat Lugo in 2019)

7. Meredith

8. Lugo

Edited by DocBZ

43 minutes ago, DocBZ said:

1. Bajrang (2-0 vs JO in the last year, 3X World Medalist)

2. Green (2017 win over JO, 2X World Medalist)

3. JO (TF over McKenna, Senior Nationals champion 2019)

4. McKenna (has a win over Yiani and is 1-1 vs Henderson)

5. Henderson (has wins over McKenna and Meredith)

6.. Ashnault (beat Lugo in 2019)

7. Meredith

8. Lugo

Where did Bajrang beat JO twice at? I knew the one 4-3 win that JO was surging on.

Also, should be noted that a month before JO teched McKenna, he only beat him 5-3?

Not sure if Meredith should be 6, 7, or 8.  Has he faced Henderson? He did just lost 10-7 to a guy who just weighed in at 132 at 143.

I think Shnaulty and Lugo size will be a factor against McKenna and Meredith if they meet. 

4 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I would wait to say Green is #2 until after we see him at 150lbs today(I am not counting tomorrow AT ALL since it'll be over 24 hours after weighing in).

Last time he dropped below 150 he got tuned up.

SERTC/Virginia tech sent out a presser yesterday promoting several things including the RTC cup and had 65kg next to James Green's name. I found that interesting. I think he's trying to shrink for OTT. Does anyone know if he has acknowledged or denied this?

image.png.f6a68841037bf991e5ebfd637ebfecff.png

1 hour ago, steen-hooph said:

SERTC/Virginia tech sent out a presser yesterday promoting several things including the RTC cup and had 65kg next to James Green's name. I found that interesting. I think he's trying to shrink for OTT. Does anyone know if he has acknowledged or denied this?

image.png.f6a68841037bf991e5ebfd637ebfecff.png

65+3 is 150lbs.

Every weight class is +3 kilos this weekend.

So 60, 68, 77, 89, 100, 128.

Edited by nhs67

If anything, I hope he is cutting a little more than normal for this week and then enters 74kg OTT full-bore and not sucked out. 77 may be a bit too much of a difference for a weekend that doesn't mean much to a guy with Green's pedigree

Edited by bnwtwg

On 12/4/2020 at 4:13 PM, bnwtwg said:

If anything, I hope he is cutting a little more than normal for this week and then enters 74kg OTT full-bore and not sucked out. 77 may be a bit too much of a difference for a weekend that doesn't mean much to a guy with Green's pedigree

I am guessing that Green will try to lean out again and make 65kg for the Olympic trials.  I know he did not do well with that in 2016 but I think that is his bet shot at making the team.  I think it would be counter productive to cut to 150 lbs. or 68kg  if his intent was to compete in April at 74 kg. His losses to Yianni this weekend could affect that decision - I guess we have to wait and see.  

1 hour ago, lu1979 said:

I am guessing that Green will try to lean out again and make 65kg for the Olympic trials.  I know he did not do well with that in 2016 but I think that is his bet shot at making the team.  I think it would be counter productive to cut to 150 lbs. or 68kg  if his intent was to compete in April at 74 kg. His losses to Yianni this weekend could affect that decision - I guess we have to wait and see.  

He's going 65kg 

15 hours ago, lu1979 said:

Has he made an announcement or do you have inside knowledge?   Inquiring minds want to know. :)

He announced it.The plan was to see how he felt if he felt good he was gonna try it.Hes  realistic and knows he's to small to compete with the best  at 74KG.

Edited by calot

I don't know where he is going to lose any more weight - he looks like he is already down to 6% body fat and there is nothing left to give. I wish him the best of luck in his descent, I just hope he safely does it and is able to perform up to his standard both days.

Wow, green going 65 again?

He tried in 2016 with the old rules and the results were very poor, I recall him losing to wrestlers from weak south American countries. Watch his 2017 final match against Chamizo, he is clearly bigger. To be clear he has no chance at 74 or 65, but he might as well save himself the brutal weight cut. I have never seen a guy go to such lengths to avoid wrestling guys his own size. 

Edited by Shiraz123

2 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

Wow, green going 65 again?

He tried in 2016 with the old rules and the results were very poor, I recall him losing to wrestlers from weak south American countries. Watch his 2017 final match against Chamizo, he is clearly bigger. To be clear he has no chance at 74 or 65, but he might as well save himself the brutal weight cut. I have never seen a guy go to such lengths to avoid wrestling guys his own size. 

You realize that he trained with JB for many years?  I would guess that he has a pretty good idea of how that goes.

1 minute ago, AHamilton said:

You realize that he trained with JB for many years?  I would guess that he has a pretty good idea of how that goes.

Yes and he lost to Venezuela last time he tried to go 65 and barely beat Mexico's wrestler. Let's say in the best case scenario he somehow both makes the team and qualifies the weight, how do you think James green would do against Bajrang in Tokyo when he has to make 65 two days in a row? I think if the match goes great for him he gets 1 takedown and then breaks and gets teched. He's not a 65kg wrestler, no way.  He tried 74 last year or at the start of this year and had a good match with Tsablalov in the final of the Alans, so he can obviously get some decent results. Either way he's not going to win anything at either weight, so no point in going through a brutal weight cut. 

24 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

Yes and he lost to Venezuela last time he tried to go 65 and barely beat Mexico's wrestler. Let's say in the best case scenario he somehow both makes the team and qualifies the weight, how do you think James green would do against Bajrang in Tokyo when he has to make 65 two days in a row? I think if the match goes great for him he gets 1 takedown and then breaks and gets teched. He's not a 65kg wrestler, no way.  He tried 74 last year or at the start of this year and had a good match with Tsablalov in the final of the Alans, so he can obviously get some decent results. Either way he's not going to win anything at either weight, so no point in going through a brutal weight cut. 

No doubt that you are right.  My guess is that he sees it as his only chance to actually make an Olympic team.  He knows that he cannot beat JB. He is likely hoping that something different in his training or diet can make a difference.    However, even if he wins in the US,  he would have a really difficult time qualifying us for the spot.