Crash

150 8-Man Bracket

14 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

My remembrance of Jordan was that if he could physically dominate, in terms of athleticism and power, he would blow them out.

He went up against someone with a serious athletic and/or power advantage and had problems.

I cement my initial statement that in none of those matches between Jordan and Pantaleo/Shnaulty I was never of the mind that Jordan had a real chance to win, let alone dominate any one aspect of the match.

I remember always thinking against top guys "If he doesn't give up a takedown early he has a chance here" 
You're right that. Pantaleo obviously is a brick, and just super tough to score on. 
And obviously Mobbin, is best on his feet. 
I support your opinion

Edited by spladle08

32 minutes ago, lu1979 said:

You are right about Tevanyan - when he cut loose it was impressive. I wish there was a way to see some of the earlier round matches in the World Cup.  All I got to see were the medal matches shown on the Olympic Channel.

He outscored his five opponents 43-3.  Granted, not the tough side of the bracket, but Aliev beat Rashidov (was winning when Rashidov blew his knee) and then Musukaev beat Aliev.  I understand, common opponents ain't the whole picture, but to roll Musukaev in the finals 9-1 is impressive because the Musik-Man gives everybody fits (until he goes into nicotene withdrawal).  I also wonder how Rashidov will recover from his injury; Aliev torqued his knee pretty bad--looked like a serious knee blow out to me.

Hoping all competitors are healthy and ready to show their best in '21.

40 minutes ago, Eagle26 said:

Agree. I feel he is a likely bronze contender and just a small step behind for the gold. I'd put Rashidov, ottoguru, and Aliev a bit ahead of him. If Rashidov is out due to injury his chances may improve but not if Baev can make the weight effectively. Has he committed to the cut? I thought he was originally planning to go up? But he may only be 4th or 5th on the Russian ladder at 74 so 65 makes more sense especially if Rashidov is out. 

Rashidov coach said it may be career ending.

21 minutes ago, Coach_J said:

He outscored his five opponents 43-3.  Granted, not the tough side of the bracket, but Aliev beat Rashidov (was winning when Rashidov blew his knee) and then Musukaev beat Aliev.  I understand, common opponents ain't the whole picture, but to roll Musukaev in the finals 9-1 is impressive because the Musik-Man gives everybody fits (until he goes into nicotene withdrawal).  I also wonder how Rashidov will recover from his injury; Aliev torqued his knee pretty bad--looked like a serious knee blow out to me.

Hoping all competitors are healthy and ready to show their best in '21.

I do hope the best for Rashidov's recovery - I hate to see injuries derail any wrestlers chances.  However Russia is very deep and has a lot of good options at that weight.  Chakaev is very good, Baev or other good guys could cut down from 70kg.  They still have Soslan Ramonov who seems to be retired but is only 29 - if you don't remember how great he was just rewatch his 2016 Olympic matches.  It will be interesting to see who emerges. 

Otoguro is great and he did a great job of controlling that match.  Still every time you step on the mat it is a new match.  I would consider Otoguro a favororite over Barang but I wouldn't say Barang couldn't take him out.  I would actually put Otoguro as the co favorite at this weight with a healthy Rashidov.  I just think Barang is close with them. Time will tell. I'm still hoping an American can get us qualified and go to Tokyo and upset all of them!! :)

Curious of others thoughts on this?   Flo actually put the Green/Meredith match on Facebook / YouTube.  There definitely seems to be a lot of “rolling starts” in FS so I’m kinda surprised stuff like this doesn’t happen more often 

Edited by 1032004

17 hours ago, de4856 said:

Well I loved the event, I would have liked to see Yianni and Zain in this event as well 

16 hours ago, alliseeisgold said:

where the hell was zain , and yianni ? nolf ? I mean look like we had a few kg here difference between bajrang and some of the guys.

jmo but the 8 man left a little to be desired - while it was still much needed didn't satisfy the tastebuds quite like the club duals did which had much more great matches.

Would like to go to another round and have more studs. Bajrang not facing any challengers until the finals was just anticlamatic. Easy money for him. 

Pretty sure Zain will wrestle Bajrang on 12/22 on Rokfin. 

My favorite move of the night was Bajrang's first 2 points against Lugo. Spins Lugo around for an easy 2. Just beautiful. 

Also enjoyed Bajrang's head pinch for 2 against Green. Nasty, then throws Green away as he releases the hold. Like a pro.

......and maybe even better than those 2 moves was Tiare's throw for the fall. I'm convinced that move is way more available than not, in MFS.     

21 hours ago, 2td3nf said:

My favorite move of the night was Bajrang's first 2 points against Lugo. Spins Lugo around for an easy 2. Just beautiful. 

Also enjoyed Bajrang's head pinch for 2 against Green. Nasty, then throws Green away as he releases the hold. Like a pro.

......and maybe even better than those 2 moves was Tiare's throw for the fall. I'm convinced that move is way more available than not, in MFS.     

Bajrang's throw by against Ashnault was way cooler. Then he added the back roll for exposure. I think that entire sequence was awesome, and not something you'd see from our wrestlers. Most of his scoring was highlight reel worthy. 

30 minutes ago, WrestleNJ said:

Bajrang's throw by against Ashnault was way cooler. Then he added the back roll for exposure. I think that entire sequence was awesome, and not something you'd see from our wrestlers. Most of his scoring was highlight reel worthy. 

Just went back and watched it again. Yeah, that sequence was slick right into the back roll.

Don't know if it's exactly the same, but doesn't Spencer Lee hit a very similar throw by?

On 12/18/2020 at 11:01 PM, nhs67 said:

If he outwrestled them then why did he not win the takedown battles?

Give me a break.

Everyone knows the Jordan's are built for folkstyle.  I lf he couldn't sniff them before at his preferred style, then he isn't sniffing them in freestyle.

Sorry, I was agreeing with you. I was saying that I don't recall Ashnault or Pantaleo being outwrestled on their feet against Micah either.