Sign in to follow this  
Glane18

Why no Dake?

I renewed my Flo subscription today to watch the RTC duals but was mostly interested in watching Dake compete domestically.  He was promoted as a member of this event and wasn't there.  Anybody know why?  I missed Flo talking about it if they addressed it.  Besides no Dake, I really enjoyed the wrestling today.  

2 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

Based on the patterns i think wrestling is suffering from coaches 'hiding the feel'.

Lame.  Not your comment but that approach.  I almost feel like there was false advertisement from Flo if they knew this ahead of time.  They got me to pay money for this based on the Vito, Yianni, Dake, and Dean combination.  2 of those 4 aren't there.  However, I did really enjoy watching today's matches.  I hope this event grows and we can get the NLWC, the Sunkist Kids, Hawkeye, and Nebraska RTC's into something like this.  

Coach Koll said Dake and Dean were pulled out due to ‘medical reasons’ ...

I think we can all admit that the risk of wrestlers being pulled unexpectedly for ‘medical reasons’ is higher at this time than in the past.

All that said, glad you enjoyed ... it was an awesome event yesterday and it continues today.  

Edited by nom

8 hours ago, MadMardigain said:

Let’s get to the real question:  Was this all just Flo speculative hype to push the event or actual commitments that dropped at the last moment due to not being 100%?

If we are going this way, do you think that Kyle Dake or Gabe Dean would be party to or allow Flo to fraudulently advertise their involvement?

I was really looking forward to Dake and Dean wrestling for Spartan with Vito and Yianni. Thought that was so cool, all from the same University and wrestling club.

I have no idea why they didn't enter but my first guess would be money? Dake got $50,000 from Flo to wrestle Chamizo and Dean was wrestling for the Flo $20,000 prize. Thought it was strange that J'den backed out too. My first thought there was money too, or lack thereof.

Maybe it was covid, who knows?

1 hour ago, Mphillips said:

Yesterday's duals' were worth every bit of the money you paid. We've known for days who wasn't wrestling.

Looking forward to 1pm today.

Would have been worth even more if Dake, Dean and J'den were on the card. We've been disappointed for days that our World champs backed out of the event.

That said still totally enjoying the event, especially in these times with no wrestling seasons.

2 hours ago, 2td3nf said:

I was really looking forward to Dake and Dean wrestling for Spartan with Vito and Yianni. Thought that was so cool, all from the same University and wrestling club.

I have no idea why they didn't enter but my first guess would be money? Dake got $50,000 from Flo to wrestle Chamizo and Dean was wrestling for the Flo $20,000 prize. Thought it was strange that J'den backed out too. My first thought there was money too, or lack thereof.

Maybe it was covid, who knows?

Cox tweeted he tested positive.

Kinda sounding like Dake and Dean did too,  but not confirmed