GranbyTroll

I really enjoyed the "Mekhai Lewis is hard to score on" Era

Just now, Antitroll2828 said:

On paper yes, but his body could not handle the drop to 165 , he had just taken 5th at the big 12s, losing to Brandon Ashworth and demtrious Romero, and had a record of 21-8 total for the season including just 7-4 at 165 ,with Connor Flynn being his best win 

I agree, in hindsight.  But draws are on paper.  Marinelli had a ridiculously difficult draw (on paper) for a #1.

23 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

On paper yes, but his body could not handle the drop to 165 , he had just taken 5th at the big 12s, losing to Brandon Ashworth and demtrious Romero, and had a record of 21-8 total for the season including just 7-4 at 165 ,with Connor Flynn being his best win 

Ah, I miss the "is Joe Smith gonna make weight" era. Seriously though, getting him first thing was the best time to get him, five hours after weigh-in, that's a different guy.

I wonder if Mekhai is going to give his NCAA championship medal back because of this weekends exhibition results??  I know I would if I was him...clearly proves he didn't deserve it and has ZERO chance of having any sort of future success...

34 minutes ago, dman115 said:

I wonder if Mekhai is going to give his NCAA championship medal back because of this weekends exhibition results??  I know I would if I was him...clearly proves he didn't deserve it and has ZERO chance of having any sort of future success...

Well, he only won because JoJo Smith softened up Marinelli in the first round (the worst draw in the history of NCAAs).