Sign in to follow this  

Any chance we have an all-minority Olympic team?

anyone banking on garrett or colon at 57 will be very disappointed come april...

anyone banking on an all ethnic team will be very disapointed come april...

anyone banking on an all blue eyed white devil team will be very disappointed come april...

anyone banking on a definition of minority group that means anything other a group that is smaller than the main classification group will continue to be ignorant from now through april and beyond...

anyone who does not appreciate the amazing fro of the great peurto rican jew Juan Luis Pedro Felipo de Huevos Epstein...well... i just don't know what to say about that...

9 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

Yes I care when people inject racism into scenarios where it doesn't even vaguely belong.

noting historical firsts is not racism. angrily responding when someone points out a potential historical first, well, 

(also, i think the answer is no, we will not)

Edited by ugarte

1 hour ago, hammerlockthree said:

Pointing out things which are meaningless outside of the spectrum of race is racism. 

I probably get asked the racial makeup of our last 4 Olympic teams two or three times a month as well as the NCAA and NAIA champions. Mostly coming from ADs and school presidents who are looking to add wrestling at their school for men and women and want to know how diverse the sport is. 

34 minutes ago, JasonBryant said:

I probably get asked the racial makeup of our last 4 Olympic teams two or three times a month as well as the NCAA and NAIA champions. Mostly coming from ADs and school presidents who are looking to add wrestling at their school for men and women and want to know how diverse the sport is. 

Which makes the question even more disgusting...

but...

this is the world we live in...

where appearances mean considerably more than merit...

burn it all down...

3 minutes ago, ugarte said:

there wasn't a question. laughing at you was a response.

Caring about race or anything else above only merit is the only true laughable instance here...

white, black, green, Muslim, Hindu, mandolorian...

Who the fuk cares???

you get what you earn...

no more no less...

1 hour ago, LJB said:

Which makes the question even more disgusting...

but...

this is the world we live in...

where appearances mean considerably more than merit...

burn it all down...

I am going to regret jumping in here, but an effort to attract diversity to an educational environment does have considerable merit.

9 hours ago, JHRoseWrestling said:

I am going to regret jumping in here, but an effort to attract diversity to an educational environment does have considerable merit.

This needs to start to include diversity of thought. 

On 12/6/2020 at 10:28 PM, 1032004 said:

My history is a little rusty, aren't Russia and some of the former Soviet countries in both Europe and Asia?    Again in the OP I was asking the question...maybe he shouldn't be on the list.

Are actual immigrants not considered minorities though?   I actually thought they were, but I know Vito was born here so that was more what I was questioning.

I can't be the only one here who knows Arujau was born in Belarus right?

9 hours ago, JHRoseWrestling said:

i do not disagree with that...

but...

i absolutely abhor anything done under a pretense...

it is disgusting...

15 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

I realize Wikipedia isn't always correct but it lists Vito as being born in Syosset in '98.

So many things wrong with that... but I may as well respond. 1. Vito won jr silver in 2019, meaning he had to have been born in '99 at the latest. 2. Vougar moved first to California to coach at Lassen CC in 2000 and stayed until 2004 according to Nassau wrestling website https://nassaulions.com/staff-directory/vougar-oroudjov/51 and his interviews on flo. 3. Vito and his older brother carry his mothers last name (they weren't born in USA) and his younger brother carries Vougars last name (born after the move)

27 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

I realize Wikipedia isn't always correct but it lists Vito as being born in Syosset in '98.

Yes I was going off of that...I also thought he made a comment on social media in response to a Suriano match or something saying he was born in NY

25 minutes ago, kyleinthecircle said:

So many things wrong with that... but I may as well respond. 1. Vito won jr silver in 2019, meaning he had to have been born in '99 at the latest. 2. Vougar moved first to California to coach at Lassen CC in 2000 and stayed until 2004 according to Nassau wrestling website https://nassaulions.com/staff-directory/vougar-oroudjov/51 and his interviews on flo. 3. Vito and his older brother carry his mothers last name (they weren't born in USA) and his younger brother carries Vougars last name (born after the move)

'98 would be included in '99 at the latest. I assume you actually meant earliest.

But if you assume they are wrong on the location why couldn't they also be wrong on the date?

All 3 in HS and College publicly went with some apparently phonetic variation of Orudjev (or whatever it actually is). Naryman is possibly the mother maiden name as we might refer to it here.

10 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

'98 would be included in '99 at the latest. I assume you actually meant earliest.

But if you assume they are wrong on the location why couldn't they also be wrong on the date?

All 3 in HS and College publicly went with some apparently phonetic variation of Orudjev (or whatever it actually is). Naryman is possibly the mother maiden name as we might refer to it here.

My bad, earliest. I'm saying wikipedia is wrong on the date and location. https://cornellbigred.com/sports/wrestling/roster/vito-arujau/48550 "Vitali Arujau is the son of Vougar Oroudjov and Zhanna Arujava and has an older and younger brother." Naryman is Vougar's middle name. Not gunna do all the research here. If you don't believe me, listen to all the interviews yourself or ask Vougar yourself. Not that big of a deal but Vito was born in Belarus.

1 minute ago, kyleinthecircle said:

My bad, earliest. I'm saying wikipedia is wrong on the date and location. https://cornellbigred.com/sports/wrestling/roster/vito-arujau/48550 "Vitali Arujau is the son of Vougar Oroudjov and Zhanna Arujava and has an older and younger brother." Naryman is Vougar's middle name. Not gunna do all the research here. If you don't believe me, listen to all the interviews yourself or ask Vougar yourself. Not that big of a deal but Vito was born in Belarus.

I know naryman is some family name, wasn't sure what.  Are you saying that the parents names were that close prior to marriage? (And I'm asking what you think) I would think it was just trouble transcribing from Cyrillic (if Azeri uses Cyrillic) and was Americanized at some point but certainly possible. I assume you know that the a at the end of her name just makes it feminine and not a separate name.