Sign in to follow this  
Lurker

Rate your top Ten...

FS Olympic Team Picks, in order, with your percentage chance.  For example: If you think Taylor has an 80% chance of making the team and you think JB has a 60% chance, Taylor would be ranked ahead of JB.    Bonus Points: If you follow Greco and Women's as well, rate your top ten overall.

GO!

Edited by Lurker
‘Picks’ instead of ‘locks’

Did you mean top 6? 

86: Taylor 90% I don't see Nickal or Valencia on his level yet and Ringer is out until late next year

74: Burroughs 60% and it will come down to who can handle the cut better

57: Couldn't decide between SL and TG, but I landed on Lee 50.00000001% 

97: Cox - 50% and the series will be some of the best domestic wrestling we will have seen in a loooong time. It's a shame one of these guys has to stay at home.

65: Retherford 40% (and 70% the weight does not qualify, and 95% US doesn't medal even if qualified if Retherford does indeed win the spot)

125: Gwiz 25% won't be surprised if any of the big four (Gwiz, Steveson, Parris, Kerk) is the rep but I think he fends off the college crop for another year. Side note - it's crazy to think that Coon is already an afterthought and probably outside the top 6 when he was the world team alternate just 2 short years ago

1 hour ago, bnwtwg said:

Did you mean top 6? 

86: Taylor 90% I don't see Nickal or Valencia on his level yet and Ringer is out until late next year

97: Cox - 50% and the series will be some of the best domestic wrestling we will have seen in a loooong time. It's a shame one of these guys has to stay at home.

65: Retherford 40% (and 70% the weight does not qualify, and 95% US doesn't medal even if qualified if Retherford does indeed win the spot)

125: Gwiz 25% won't be surprised if any of the big four (Gwiz, Steveson, Parris, Kerk) is the rep but I think he fends off the college crop for another year. Side note - it's crazy to think that Coon is already an afterthought and probably outside the top 6 when he was the world team alternate just 2 short years ago

Ringer is out until late next year now?

46 minutes ago, Mphillips said:

How can your, "lock" be less than 50%?

Fair.  I put ‘most likely’. ... if ‘lock’ is a required approach, how could it be anything less than 80%?  :)

For me the only weight with what could be considered something with a ‘lock’ or close to it, is 86kg.

2 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

Did you mean top 6? 

No actually meant top ten. Reason being is some people, myself included, may have an example where they feel like Cox/Snyder is a 51/49 thing at 97kg...with both being higher than anyone they have for say 65kg. (If that makes sense)

2 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

Did you mean top 6? 

Full disclosure, I'm an Ohio State fan so a little bias, but what has Kerk done at the senior level to mentioned with the other 3 at 285?  The guy has shown great things at his age level and may ascend to the level of the other 3 but mentioning him with those guys is premature at this point IMO based on his accomplishments.  FWIW I think Steveson will be the guy but I'm annoyed that he didn't wrestle Parris this weekend.  As much as it pains me to say it as a Buckeye fan, I really like Parris' progression and think he has the steepest learning curve of the bunch.

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

No actually meant top ten. Reason being is some people, myself included, may have an example where they feel like Cox/Snyder is a 51/49 thing at 97kg...with both being higher than anyone they have for say 65kg. (If that makes sense)

This makes sense to me... makes it tougher to pick but I’ll try to play by these rules

1. Taylor 80%

2. JB 51%

3. Cox 51%

4. Snyder 49%

5. Dake 48%

6. Steveson 35%

7. Parris 34%

8. Yianni 33%

9. Zain 32%

10. Gwiz 30%

Some rationale... 1 is easy. 2-5 are about as even a split as you can get and you have a clear top two who are both near 50%. I think 125 is pretty much a 3 horse race... each close to a 33% chance with Gwiz showing he is capable but probably a small step behind. I think 65 is close to a three horse race but there are other spoilers (unlike 125 so they are just below them). JO is the third guy but is a bit of a wildcard so he didn’t quite crack the top 10. 57 is too deep with no clear favorite at this point so I don’t think any can be above 30%.