Sign in to follow this  
IMFAN

PSU Fans

I've read most of the forums as a curiosity to what people thought of the Dake-Taylor match and I must say the PSU forum is absolutely crazy.

These people, who just won their 3rd team title in a row, can only talk about how Taylor got screwed.

I was at the match and was hoping that finally all the whining about stalling and bad calls would be put to rest with a solid Dake victory...wrong!

I've always known how passionate Iowas fans have been but these PSU nuts take it to a new level.

How can you possibly watch that match and think Taylor got screwed and that Dake was stalling, simply because he rode their boy like he's never been ridden. That has to be stalling!

If putting in a half, lifting your opponent and trying to turn him to his back on the mat return is stalling...or bringing him back over and trying to roll him over is stalling....wow, then there should have been 30 stall calls in the finals with guys doing much less.

I even saw a post on their forum saying Dake is on PED's. Are you guys that obsessed? Anyone that beats your beloved boys has to have cheated because for God's sake they don't just lose because the other guy is better or just plain out-wrestled them.

No PSU wrestler ever stalled this year so let's get that straight too.

Let's please get some sanity back in the sport...stalling will always be a point of contention with it's inconsistency, but to use it over and over after every loss is just sick.

Kyle Dake, whether you like him or not, is one of the greatest wrestlers in NCAA history and the record shows that. Please give the guy his due. He beat 2 PSU guys for titles and 2 Iowa guys for titles, so no secret why those fans don't like him, but at least acknowledge his incredible talent.

He beat Taylor, one the best ever in college, and did it 4 times this year...4. Are they all screw jobs?

It's over now so please, for the sake of the sport, have some sportsmanship and quit crying like your 125lb guy did on the medal stand. Accept that someone was better that day.

I guess the guys that beat the Alton's were stalling too? OK, I've made my point.

I don't write on these forums very often but some of this stuff is unbelievable!

First, I don't think it is necessary to post this here when you saw the crazy opinions on another forum. Just post it there...no need to stir the pot here IMO.

That aside, I am as big a Taylor fan and PSU fan as there is...and the thought "Taylor got screwed" never crossed my mind - not for even a single second. It was literally nowhere on my radar...and it shouldn't be on any else's either.

As for these people complaining about the ride and Dake stalling...Dake got hit with stalling, twice! - Im not sure what more they could want? 3 calls? 4? Absolute nonsense.

Taylor was not cheated, in any way, shape, or form. He was beaten - simple as that. One great wrestler losing to another great wrestler. Someone had to win - that someone was Kyle Dake.

I don't see where he would have been..... there was some stalling, but I'm surprised the ref made even a warning given all the hype around that match.

Taylor looked defeated at some point in the match, he just got beat. Enough said.

As a real big PSU fan, i can say that Dake won that one fair and square. In the third period, he rode dave like a rented mule and won. If anyone is complaining about how Dake wrestled they need to get there eyes checked i'm proud of both of them for their accomplishments. Dave is a great wrestler, but Dake's style and mindset gives him what he needs to win to beat Dave time in and out.

I am a PA fan and a Taylor fan. I was VERY critical of Dake for stalling in the first 2 matches. Riding a 2-on-1 on his feet and a parallel claw on top in the first 2 matches. I didn't think there was any way Dake would get called for stalling in the NCAA finals.

I was WRONG - Dake won fair and square, he scored an actual offensive TD, was called for stalling which is fine. Congrats to Dake on a monumental accomplishment that may never be duplicated.

With that said, I still think Cael's record trumps Dake's. Cael had 20 or 30 more matches or 20 or 30 more opportunities to fail, lose, have a bad day or get injured etc... and Cael wrestled a tougher schedule.

Dake should also be commended for accomplishing all he did while also maintaining a high GPA at an Ivy League which is quite a feat. The kid is a complete stud and it will be interesting to see how he fairs in international competition. I hope there is a way to fit all this talent on the USA team.

As always, there will be boneheads in any fan group. This especially would obviously bring more of them since there is more of an investment than normal with Taylor being the face of the program for most. Similar to what happened with Iowa fans when Metcalf lost. It happens.

As always, there will be boneheads in any fan group. This especially would obviously bring more of them since there is more of an investment than normal with Taylor being the face of the program for most. Similar to what happened with Iowa fans when Metcalf lost. It happens.

It definitely does, but on more than 1 occasion people take time out of their day to sit here and make a post about it?. It's only happening to the current national champions. I wasn't active on these forums when it was Iowas turn, so maybe it was going on then too.