nom

Is Burroughs / Taylor going to happen or not?

17 hours ago, nom said:

If not, I really wish we had some investigative journalists that could dig in!  

I know this is not a big deal but damn I am curious!!

I would assume no way, and I hope no way, Burroughs loses this 10 of 10 (unfortunately).... they were close at the same weight, throw 20+ more lbs of muscle on DT's frame and it doesn't seem fair. 
love the idea, but seems predictable, lets just enjoy JB keeping Dake off the Olympic team, and see if Team Dean can overcome this awesome obstacle.... the trials await and a lot of excitement.  #LETSGO 

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Cael sent out another one of his highly informative tweets yesterday:

"Dec22"

Yeah, I saw it get shared a few times, and I was disappointed in both he and the sharers. I assume he is trying to build anticipation,  but ummmmm wouldn't discussion of the matchups be better marketing? We have RBY vs Sterling right? What else is in stone?

37 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

Yeah, I saw it get shared a few times, and I was disappointed in both he and the sharers. I assume he is trying to build anticipation,  but ummmmm wouldn't discussion of the matchups be better marketing? We have RBY vs Sterling right? What else is in stone?

Plenty of possible match ups.

Nick Lee vs Tariq Wilson

Joe Lee vs Thomas Bullard

Jason Nolf vs Hayden Hidley

Aaron Brooks vs Trent Hidley

Greg Kerkvliet vs Gwiz, but more likely Boykin

4 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Plenty of possible match ups.

Nick Lee vs Tariq Wilson

Joe Lee vs Thomas Bullard

Jason Nolf vs Hayden Hidley

Aaron Brooks vs Trent Hidley

Greg Kerkvliet vs Gwiz, but more likely Boykin

Possible or plausible... is there a reason you chose these or just ones you'd like to see? 

2 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

Possible or plausible... is there a reason you chose these or just ones you'd like to see? 

No real over reaching reason. I just thought of some possible match ups. I'd have added some lighter guys if I had a better handle on their line up. 

Flo is reporting JB vs Taylor on January 9th. 86kg.

Jordan Burroughs & David Taylor To Meet January 9 Live On FloWrestling

Dec 10, 2020Kyle Bratke

BurroughsTaylor-1920x1080 (1).jpg

After two months of going back and forth on social media, it's finally happening. Jordan Burroughs and David Taylor will meet on January 9, 2021, exclusively on FloWrestling at 86kg. 

Just now, steen-hooph said:

Flo is reporting JB vs Taylor on January 9th. 86kg.

Jordan Burroughs & David Taylor To Meet January 9 Live On FloWrestling

Dec 10, 2020Kyle Bratke

BurroughsTaylor-1920x1080 (1).jpg

After two months of going back and forth on social media, it's finally happening. Jordan Burroughs and David Taylor will meet on January 9, 2021, exclusively on FloWrestling at 86kg. 

Wonder what this $$$$ looks like. 
Gotta be greater than the 50k for Chamizo vs Dake. 
If it happens, how neat! Risk is purely on DT..... JB is the only one who can profit from an fan perspective. 

42 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

Wonder what this $$$$ looks like. 
Gotta be greater than the 50k for Chamizo vs Dake. 
If it happens, how neat! Risk is purely on DT..... JB is the only one who can profit from an fan perspective. 

DT can get his brand out there. A win or a loss and is he more famous than ever. Flo will put some solid marketing $ behind this one, given how much they are probably paying in purses

2 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

DT can get his brand out there. A win or a loss and is he more famous than ever. Flo will put some solid marketing $ behind this one, given how much they are probably paying in purses

I mean (for the sake of argument), he is one of the biggest names in wrestling.
If they were the same weight, there would be both sides arguing who was better. 
With the significant size advantage, he can win and it was because of size. 
or 
Lose.... and even with the size he wasn't good enough to be the true GOAT.... 
He doesn't seem to stand to win much... but... maybe it does expand his brand somehow.... 
I would subscribe more to his badassness if he beat Snyder or Cox. 
I think either of those would elevate the winner.
This one, I only see JB adding to his "popularity" resume. 

Awesome news! This will be Taylor’s first time at flat 86 in a while, right? That may be a factor and Burroughs may have a chance to wear him out. Could see something similar to the Valencia match if DT doesn’t have a good cut. Otherwise, I think the size and length is just a bit too much for JB here. It’s hard to power through a guy who’s a foot taller with just as much muscle and just as much skill.

18 minutes ago, IronChef said:

When was the last match like this in the US where two former world champs wrestled? Has it ever happened?

And it's (probably) going to happen again twice next spring in the same tournament

27 minutes ago, IronChef said:

When was the last match like this in the US where two former world champs wrestled? Has it ever happened?

The great Dave Schultz has three such separate occasions himself.

Edited by Lurker

It will be fun to watch for sure.  Not on Flo so I'll have to wait awhile.  Perhaps I'll get to see some highlights. 

JB knows how DT wrestles so I think he will be ready.  However DT has had a huge gas tank in the past so that would be an advantage as he is bigger.

I honestly couldn't say who will win.  JB has had him in the distant past.  But now is now and DT is at the top of his weight class.  JB is not at the top of his weight class internationally and perhaps domestically.  So it would look like DT should prevail.  But that's why we have live wrestling!!

mspart

Riddle me this.

Let us say that Askren isn't bat$HlT crazy.

Let us say either DT or JB win a competitive one.  Or not.

Let us say that JB leaves that match with a chip on his shoulder.

Let us say said chip makes him decide to go 86 kg for trials.

He has the #2 seed and a bye to the semifinals then, doesn't he?