nom

Is Burroughs / Taylor going to happen or not?

Taylor has three inches of height and will effectively have 15 pounds on JB.  Burroughs wins by the same margin as always. 

More like 5 or 6 inches and at least 20 lbs. I would think. Burroughs was 178 for Valencia and I have to believe Taylor is usually at least 200 before cutting down.

I get the feeling that DT and JB get along better than their twitter spat indicates.

That said, I don't necessarily agree with JB that Zahid is the #2 guy at 86kg. I also don't agree with the "no one can push me around". Uh, that's why weight classes exist; Kyle Snyder will push you around. Abdulrashid Sadulaev will push you around. Sorry.

And, I'd rather see a DT vs Snyder or DT vs Sadulaev matchup. 

Great quote:

DT: "If I was worried about a loss I had six years ago, I wouldn't be able to perform the way that I do now."

JB: "Yeah. That's true."

Edited by Le duke

JB gets actually mad about fantasy picks...

this is real for him whether it should be or not...

ill take sincere angst against someone trying to make up for past beat downs any day of the week and twice on sundays...

the smarmy one is about to get a life lesson...

again...

1 hour ago, IronChef said:

More like 5 or 6 inches and at least 20 lbs. I would think. Burroughs was 178 for Valencia and I have to believe Taylor is usually at least 200 before cutting down.

They have to make scratch a few hours before the match, so I hope it is a 20 pound difference.  He'll be sluggish and Burroughs cat-like quick!.  Burroughs is 5'8" or 5'9".  I have seen Taylor around. He is not over 6 feet.

7 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

They have to make scratch a few hours before the match, so I hope it is a 20 pound difference.  He'll be sluggish and Burroughs cat-like quick!.  Burroughs is 5'8" or 5'9".  I have seen Taylor around. He is not over 6 feet.

JB is 5'7", DT is 6'.

41 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

I really doubt it, these guys are competitive, and I think what they say on Twitter reflects absolutely zero as to what they think of each other....

Anyway Burroughs is getting teched.

Only watched the first few minutes so far but seems like they get along.   Dake may be a different story for JB though IMO...

51 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

I really doubt it, these guys are competitive, and I think what they say on Twitter reflects absolutely zero as to what they think of each other....

Anyway Burroughs is getting teched.

Crazy. Even when Burroughs has lost it's been by a point or two.

2 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

I'll back track a little, but I'll take Taylor -4.5 or give me 3/1 on the tech. 10$

You want me to give you 3:1 on a tech. Didn't you just predict a tech flat out? 

If you give me four points I will take JB on a $10 bet.

4 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Also, we know who is gonna get tired. Burroughs has to go out to a lead and hang on. 

That's no insult btw, burroughs is gonna be smaller and his motion/sprint style more difficult than handfighting.

Wait. Who do we know is going to get tired? Neither of these guys ever gets tired.

5 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Wait. Who do we know is going to get tired? Neither of these guys ever gets tired.

Burroughs gets tired. He got beat off the same shot that he knew as coming both times by Sidakov 2 years in a row, thats fatigue or incompetence. Geduev wore him out....if he was in such great shape he wouldn't have to brag on his sprint so often. 

I'm not saying he quits, but he's diminished by the end of the match.

Edited by hammerlockthree