TripNSweep

The Last Champion (Spoilers)

Overall I enjoyed the movie.  Sure it isn't going to win any awards but wasn't expecting it to be of that caliber.  There is just something about a movie that is about wrestling...love it.  And especially when the wrestling in the movie is somewhat realistic...which this movie's wrestling was.  And JB was the star of the movie for sure...did a great job!  Dan and Randy...well...let's just say they shouldn't quite their day jobs...LOL.

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

Apparently there is a new (kids?) movie called “A Wrestling Christmas Miracle” on Amazon Prime Video.   Don’t have high hopes haha

I’m about 30 minutes in.  This might be the worst movie I’ve ever seen (and not really about wrestling although they showed a few youth wrestling home videos in the very beginning).  The kid might be the best actor in this thing  

36 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I’m about 30 minutes in.  This might be the worst movie I’ve ever seen (and not really about wrestling although they showed a few youth wrestling home videos in the very beginning).  The kid might be the best actor in this thing  

If you have seen One More Shot and still think it's the worst it must be pretty bad.

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

You've apparently never seen Battlefield Earth or Santa Claus Conquers the Martians then. 

Just watched “American Wrestler:  The Wizard” which was apparently based on a true story about an Iranian immigrant in 1980.

I think I’d put that in the tier with the Last Champion and Legendary.      It did have some real actors (Jon Voight, William Fichtner) and a decent if not predictable story, and the wrestling scenes were OK - although there were a lot of headlocks and lat drops for them to be state champion caliber.    Most of the gear seemed like it was from the right era, except for the team of the guy in the state finals (who should have been DQ’d in their dual meet but was apparently undefeated going into the state finals) who randomly had CF/CageFighter singlets.  I also imagine the California state finals aren’t in a high school using only half of the stands.

Just watched this... Not at all what I thought it was.  It was a fine Christian movie and did a solid job with that message...  Will leave it at that.     

Edited by matts1w