BigTenFanboy

Thomas Gilman throwing shade at HWC

1 minute ago, TFBJR said:

Dirtbag?  You never cease to hit rock bottom.  They wouldn't pay him, he moved on, they are still using his stuff - no company does that.  He's right and was professional about it.  Not sure how this makes him a dbag.  You on the other hand ..... 

Twitter=professional about it? Haha ok then.

Honestly I am kind of a dirtbag. Im cool with that.

Unrelated; the dirtbag always gets the girl... 

23 hours ago, Drake_Mallard said:

Doubt Spencer would be a dbag about it like Thomas Gilman is here. Everyone gets how the post-collegiate system works... him being at NLWC clearly isnt the issue.

6 minutes ago, TFBJR said:

Dirtbag?  You never cease to hit rock bottom.  They wouldn't pay him, he moved on, they are still using his stuff - no company does that.  He's right and was professional about it.  Not sure how this makes him a dbag.  You on the other hand ..... 

Although he has posted since yours I didn't think that dirt was the D word he had in mind. Maybe he meant Drake!

13 hours ago, Drake_Mallard said:

No ****? Yeah, why is making a comment about Brands making fun of me? He cant even tell me. Its obvious hes trying to troll me, hes just not even good at it. Hahaha

Fact is that he took is shot and had to change the topic as soon as I called him out on it. 

This isn't what happened.

2 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

I've loved that song for years....the visual of the lead singer has officially ruined it.

Track suits and stupid hats like that were big at the time.

I love it too but this song is more fantasy than a Tolkien book.

Edited by Drake_Mallard

1 hour ago, Drake_Mallard said:

Anything else I can do for you? You came in to make a comment about me on Brands nuts which was a complete non sequitur, yet still enough for you and BTFB to get your jollies off. Surely you are easy to please. 

Nah, Boo.

11 hours ago, VakAttack said:

This is Gilman's brand.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Yep, much ado about nothing. Gilman loves playing the heel. Think of it as marketing people. As long as his name is in your mouth, mission accomplished. Honestly, think about how badly people are gonna want to see him and Spencer go at it. 

As an aside, I have no problem with Iowa using this. It's an interesting tidbit about a dual involving the college team and Gilman, not the RTC. It only seems a bit wierd because of how his departure went down and where he went. Would anyone have a problem with Mizzou using an interview or footage of J'den Cox to promote their team.  

11 minutes ago, steen-hooph said:

Yep, much ado about nothing. Gilman loves playing the heel. Think of it as marketing people. As long as his name is in your mouth, mission accomplished. Honestly, think about how badly people are gonna want to see him and Spencer go at it. 

As an aside, I have no problem with Iowa using this. It's an interesting tidbit about a dual involving the college team and Gilman, not the RTC. It only seems a bit wierd because of how his departure went down and where he went. Would anyone have a problem with Mizzou using an interview or footage of J'den Cox to promote their team.  

If Cox didn't want them to, then I am sure they wouldn't.

3 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

If Cox didn't want them to, then I am sure they wouldn't.

My Cox point is probably not a great one. Smith has known him for so long it's hard to imagine J'den not wanting them to use it. I guess a better way to say it is I would have a hard time seeing most of our top flight guys who are now at different RTC"s (Cox, Snyder, JO) getting bent because their college used some old footage of them to tell the story of a dual that happened while they were there. Just Gilman. But as I said in my post, I think it's by design. He seems to thrive on the controversy. 

3 hours ago, steen-hooph said:

My Cox point is probably not a great one. Smith has known him for so long it's hard to imagine J'den not wanting them to use it. I guess a better way to say it is I would have a hard time seeing most of our top flight guys who are now at different RTC"s (Cox, Snyder, JO) getting bent because their college used some old footage of them to tell the story of a dual that happened while they were there. Just Gilman. But as I said in my post, I think it's by design. He seems to thrive on the controversy. 

He hasn't been like that for awhile though. When he was in college he said a lot of dumb stuff, but up until this tweet I thought he had grown up.