Sign in to follow this  
Bronco

Arizona State announces Maroon/Gold Intrasquad 5 days before date

285 lbs - Norfleet beat Remer but again whoever is in charge of the scoreboard doesn't do the job.  Remer only went against Norfleet for 1 period and then they brought in Palosika to face Norfleet in the 2nd period.  And now Remer comes back for the 3rd period.

Edited by Bronco

17 minutes ago, Bronco said:

285 lbs - Norfleet beat Remer but again whoever is in charge of the scoreboard doesn't do the job.  Remer only went against Norfleet for 1 period and then they brought in Palosika to face Norfleet in the 2nd period.  And now Remer comes back for the 3rd period.

What?  This makes little sense.

8 minutes ago, Bronco said:

Good grief..................what a nitwit.

Stfu, you dense ponce.

I want to see Norfleet in an entire match.  He is the best kid on the roster as of now and will likely outplace everyone else at ASU (if there is a tourney).

3 hours ago, nhs67 said:

What?  This makes little sense.

Coach Jones has been doing this for at least the last three years. Wrestle-offs are normally the week of the upcoming dual. He often has 2-3 wrestlers weigh-in and makes match-up decisions as the dual progresses.  In last years Maroon and Gold, Anthony Valencia wrestled three different guys in two matches.

1 minute ago, Tommy Payan said:

Coach Jones has been doing this for at least the last three years. Wrestle-offs are normally the week of the upcoming dual. He often has 2-3 wrestlers weigh-in and makes match-up decisions as the dual progresses.  In last years Maroon and Gold, Anthony Valencia wrestled three different guys in two matches.

Yeah okay.  Don't do it with Norfleet.  I want to see him against 197lbers.

7 minutes ago, Idaho said:

The real question is where everyone else was today.It would have been a great opportunity to showcase talent for the fans and determine where your guys are. 

Instead they intentionally had 9 matches that were decidedly uneven matches talent wise.   I know that events like this are not for the fans (hell there were no fans in the arena) but watching one guy dominate the opponent nine times is not all that interesting to watch IMO.

Maroon & Gold Scrimmage Bouts Results (lbs):

Gold (24) def. Maroon (18)

133: McGee (Gold) def. Fincher (Maroon): Tech 17-2, 5:32

165: Valencia (Maroon) def. Torres (Gold): Fall 4:28

174: Munoz (Gold) def. Rochford (Maroon): MD 15-1

HWT: Norfleet (Maroon) def. Remer (Gold)/Palosika (Gold): Tech 22-0, 7:00

149: Crooks (Gold) def. Roberto (Maroon): Tech 20-4, 5:49

184: Belshay (Maroon) def. Nummer (Gold): Dec. 10-3

125: Courtney (Gold) def. Fincher (Maroon): MD 11-2

157: Teemer (Maroon) def. Torres (Gold): MD 10-2

174: Munoz (Gold) def. Moltz (Maroon): Tech 17-0, 4:20

16 hours ago, Bronco said:

Instead they intentionally had 9 matches that were decidedly uneven matches talent wise.   I know that events like this are not for the fans (hell there were no fans in the arena) but watching one guy dominate the opponent nine times is not all that interesting to watch IMO.

Why not Teemer VS Valencia or Norfleet VS Z. Valencia? 

9 hours ago, gobraves101905 said:

Teemer and Anthony are not the same weight class. Zahid does not go to school there anymore. He has finished his 4 years or college wrestling. 

All that is understood and known, yet an entirely moot point.

A) Zahid still trains there and aside for Schultz, who for whatever reason was not wrestling, is the only person who is going to give Norfleet a match in that room.

B) They aren't the same weight class, but they wrestle the same international weight and they wrestled the same person, who was obviously not the same weight class as one of them.  Which reverts to the same reasoning as reason 'A' above for Norfleet.  These two are the best two in that range.  Why not showcase that?

Man, Norfleet looked very good, though.  Also looks like he's finally filling in to that 197lb weight class a bit.

9 hours ago, gobraves101905 said:

Teemer and Anthony are not the same weight class. Zahid does not go to school there anymore. He has finished his 4 years or college wrestling. 

165: Valencia (Maroon) def. Torres (Gold): Fall 4:28

157: Teemer (Maroon) def. Torres (Gold): MD 10-2

1 hour ago, Idaho said:

Whether you agree or disagree with the way this was all conducted, we can all agree on one thing. It was a total disappointment. 

I can agree with that.  Personally I would have preferred to see the following matches:

285 lbs - Cohlton Schultz (285) vs. Palosika (285)

125 lbs- Courtney (125) vs. Raimo (133) OR Kline (133)

133 lbs - McGee (133) vs. Raimo (133) OR Kline (133)

141 lbs - Chlebove (141) vs. Vasquez (141) OR Lipari (141)

149 lbs - Crooks (149) vs Vasquez (141) OR Lipari (141)

157 lbs - Teemer (157) vs. Torres (165) - which was one of the matches on Saturday

165 lbs - Valencia (165) vs Zane Coleman (174)

174 lbs - Munoz (174) vs Austin Clayton (184)

184 lbs - Belshay (184) vs. Chad Porter (197)

197 lbs - Norfleet (197) vs. Palosika (285)

BUT...............seeing as my name is NOT Zeke Jones..................I had no say on what matches would take place.  And neither does anyone else who isn't named Zeke Jones.

Edited by Bronco

1 hour ago, Bronco said:

I can agree with that.  Personally I would have preferred to see the following matches:

157 lbs - Teemer (157) vs. Torres (165) - which was one of the matches on Saturday

BUT...............seeing as my name is NOT Zeke Jones..................I had no say on what matches would take place.  And neither does anyone else who isn't named Zeke Jones.

I can get behind most of these with the exception of utilizing Zahid and Tanner in the room and have them wrestle Shultz/Norfleet respectively.

Munoz VS Valencia or Belshay would have been good, too.

1 hour ago, Bronco said:

Thank you for clarifying your name is NOT Zeke Jones and that you DIDN"T create the matches. That cleared up some things for me. 

Why have Munoz and Coleman wrestle out of their weights, but not wrestle each other when that's the match to determine the position? 

7 hours ago, Idaho said:

Thank you for clarifying your name is NOT Zeke Jones and that you DIDN"T create the matches. That cleared up some things for me. 

Why have Munoz and Coleman wrestle out of their weights, but not wrestle each other when that's the match to determine the position? 

Would love to see Munoz vs Coleman. Loser wrestles Belshay. Same goes for McGee vs Raimo. Loser wrestles Courtney if they want to cut. Chlebove vs Vasquez. Loser wrestles the winner of Lapari vs Crooks. 
Belton vs Kline would have been a better match than any of these.