Sign in to follow this  
spladle08

WC FS Brackets: Aliyev vs Rashidov. Rd 1

Individual World Cup | United World Wrestling 
Worlds Round 1, World Cup Rnd 1..... 
How pissed are both guys? 
Give me Aliyev in an upset to some. 
Winner gets either Skriabin or Muszukajev in the semis, gross...bottom half is extra light.... diving into the rest now 

Edited by spladle08

Did AZE fix the brackets just to get this match? And is Russia going to fix the match again? Haji still isn't qualified for Tokyo which is nuts. He "lost" to Rashidov then drew Otoguro in repechage as his reward.  

The only wrestler I recognize on the bottom half is Dubov, who was 5th behind Aliyev at 2016 57kg. 

30 minutes ago, GranbyTroll said:

Did AZE fix the brackets just to get this match? And is Russia going to fix the match again? Haji still isn't qualified for Tokyo which is nuts. He "lost" to Rashidov then drew Otoguro in repechage as his reward.  

The only wrestler I recognize on the bottom half is Dubov, who was 5th behind Aliyev at 2016 57kg. 

Yeah, Dubov was also the only one of note I knew. 
I think a couple of our guys have beat the Ukrainian ( Ohannesian)
and I remember the Armenian being decent (Tevanyan) hell I wonder if he has any decent results. 
(GOOGLING)
He won this weight once upon a time.... (u23 Euros 2019) but yes the bottom is super light.... guess who also won u23 Euros that year?
65kg 
GOLD - Vazgen TEVANYAN (ARM) df. Edemi BOLKVADZE (GEO), 2-1 
BRONZE - Ilman MUKHTAROV (FRA) df. Maxim SACULTAN (MDA), 3-1
BRONZE - Roman ASHARIN (HUN) df. Fati VEJSELI (MKD), 14-2 

At this Same u23's Euros Zhamalov was destroying souls, do we think he emerges as the next great young Russian, or will Chamizo take him out here?
Chamizo's path appears to be harder, but I don't see any major roadblocks in preventing the finals matchup? Who you got?!

Heres a link to Tevanyan vs Aliev for no reason.... and Zhamalov's Gold medal match from that same U23-Euros below that. 

Edited by spladle08

Zhamalov vs Chamizo finals. Pretty exciting. 
Chamizo with the easy tech over Nurykau
but I was surprised by how game Salkazanov (u23 world champ and 79kg World Bronze, almost wrestled Dake in 79kg finals) was against Zhamalov, Well done. 
Cheers to tomorrow
Oh and Micic loses 4-7 in his semis to Harutyunyan  

Semi's Set 
61kg: Nothing really of note other than Augustin Destribats (Argentina) took time away from crushing Zain to drop down to 134lbs and make the semis, Wrestles Magomedov though, probably end of his road. 
65kg played out like we would've predicted. 
Aliyev beats Rashidov 4-0, he meets Muszukajev in the semi's who had his own hurdle in Skriabin who he beat 6-3
(Other semis is Ohannesian vs Tevanyan) 
79kg is as boring as always
86kg Kurugliev vs Punia (as expected) should dictate the winner of the weight, Baranowski is on the other side takes on the Russian from Spain "Friev" who has looked pretty great so far. 
97kg Saduleav and such. 

2 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

That would be dramatic.

A returning world gold not getting gold and he's Russian?  They'll bring home looks like 20 or so medals across all three styles before it's said and done, it seems.

Oh, they are murderers, obviously not too dramatic. I just like the idea of him going 0-1, misleading for sure, if he and Dake were at the same weight, KD would make his hay saying "All I see is DNP" 

I’m seeing on Instagram the Rashidov was injured in the Aliyev match, which was stopped .... he was taken out of facility in a wheelchair.  I’d say he is already eliminated from the competition.  Sad.

1 minute ago, nom said:

I’m seeing on Instagram the Rashidov was injured in the Aliyev match, which was stopped .... he was taken out of facility in a wheelchair.  I’d say he is already eliminated from the competition.  Sad.

Dang, I should've woke up earlier. Thanks for the info. 
Still GO MUSZUKAJEV!!!! You Tazmania Devil you. (Style, not nationality) 

1 minute ago, GranbyTroll said:

For gosh sake. I had it open on my phone, then switched to my PC. The Aliyev match cut out at 1-0 then came back at 1-6. 

He hit a high-C essentially,  Alijev wraped the body, and Musz kind of cartwheel/dumped him for 4... then got another tilt out of Alijev trying to defend the takedown.... it was a mess.... but that was all he had, after that he was exhausted, I really thought he was going to blow it